Logical Paradox
07-14-2009, 06:37 PM
I'm using Sony Vegas Platnium 6.0, old I know, ever since I tried DL'ing k-lite for new .mkv files, I can't see video on Sony when I use anime. Everything I've made already, AMV's that is, works fine. But when I use any anime, it comes up with just the audio... it's really annoying, anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

scarmullet
07-14-2009, 07:01 PM
Get a hold of WinAVI, and use that to convert .mkv (or.ogm) to MPEG (I suggest MPEG1 as it takes up less space).

Logical Paradox
07-14-2009, 07:27 PM
The problem now is, no avi file that is anime, other than what I've made, will show the video media in Vegas, not just .mkv files.

scarmullet
07-14-2009, 07:33 PM
WinAVI will read .mkv files and convert them to the proper format.

Zarxrax
07-14-2009, 09:58 PM
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/avtech3/

Logical Paradox
07-15-2009, 01:43 AM
So.... you want me to DL allt hat and what? Just use that from now on? o_O It'd help if ya told me what ya wanted me to do instead of just a link :P

Logical Paradox
07-17-2009, 05:11 AM
Ok.... I've Dl'd what I think I need, but have had nothing change in what's going on with Vegas....

I can open the files adn run them fine on the media players... but Vegas only allows the audio to be viewed, and nothing else...

Rebbie
07-17-2009, 07:19 AM
Try changing the format.

Logical Paradox
07-17-2009, 04:42 PM
How? o_O And of what program change teh format of?

Zarxrax
07-17-2009, 05:09 PM
So.... you want me to DL allt hat and what? Just use that from now on? o_O It'd help if ya told me what ya wanted me to do instead of just a link :P

It's a guide. You are supposed to read it.

Issitheus
07-17-2009, 05:29 PM
Yeah, Vegas can be stingy about the video encoding. Go to media-convert.com and select Windows AVI as the output. use that to convert, as long as it isn't larger than 200 MB. If it is, then trim it down to what you need using VirtualDub or VirtualDubMod and that should work. Using MKVs with VirtualDub, if I'm correct, also requires AVISynth. Ask Zarx to explain it.

Logical Paradox
07-17-2009, 05:36 PM
It's a guide. You are supposed to read it.

Yes I know, but I don't have all that stuff until recently. >.> It does me no good unless I know exactly what I need to do to try and get what I need to work, to work.

I don't need to convert MKV. My problem is that NOTHING is showing up video wise on Vegas anymore, not .avi, not .wmv. Unless it was a rendered video, that I made, it does not show up.

Zarxrax
07-17-2009, 06:02 PM
The guide explains that you shouldnt edit with those kinds of files. And it shows how to get the footage into something that you can edit.

Logical Paradox
07-17-2009, 06:20 PM
I've read it, but still havn't found the reason why I can't edit with those, I've been doing it forever using DivX as my codec, then I try to DL a program for .mkv codec and it f's up all my other stuff. Now no codec is working to fix my problem...