mas8705
01-03-2010, 07:44 AM
Hello again, I have been working on a few amvs to get ready for AMV hell 5/ minis... While I have been doing good so far, I need to get a bit more feedback and help to have it be considered passable...

So far, I have 4 AMV ideas with two of them completed...
1) Some people have seen this already, Apacai performs Tiger genocide... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsapQiZlbLI
Pretty much, it is doing a parody of Sagat's Super move from Street Fighter 4 (just like ash performing a shoryuken...) I'm happy with how it turned out, but I don't know if background music should be added or not...
2) A simple side project I had been working on involves a big gunfight, I already have 50+ clips, but I need many more... I also need to find clips of grenade throws, scenes of people running out of ammo, and etc...
3) I have been trying to watch Sgt. Frog, but so far, haven't had much luck finding what I want... I'm not too sure if there are any frogs that either play the guitar or is considered "suicidal" but as soon as I can find that clip, it is going to be brilliant...
4) What the hell was I thinking here? Rock Lee imitating Bang Shishigami... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No2PfEF9miE
The only question I have to ask though is why didn't anyone think about doing this before? It seems so obvious how similar these two men are... Besides that, I do want to know how I can properly improve on it (such as sounds used or timing or whatever...)

That's all I have thought of/done so far... Since the entry for AMV minis is going back up soon (or if I can get the one in a million chance of getting into the next amv hell,) I want to be ready... Please assist if you can and thank you for your time...

kapparomeo
01-05-2010, 04:13 PM
I'm afraid that clip 4 just isn't funny - it just doesn't seem to be anything other than a fight scene set to suitable action music. It's appropriate, but it's not amusing. Perhaps I'd be able to appreciate it if I was more familiar with Naruto, but as it is any injokes exclude me.

Your first clip has more promise - it's synced up well - but with the boxing gloves and yellow shirt, would it be better to use Balrog rather than Sagat?

As for your second question, an anime which I've been watching recently which might be a useful source is Gunslinger Girl: Il Teatrino. The final TV episode, and the first OVA episode, both involve grenades being flung, batted away by the target, and exploding dramatically in mid-air.

JediMaster80
01-06-2010, 05:42 AM
I did make an AMV using clips from Gunslinger Girl and the Il Teatrino OVA, however i'll have to edit it to be able to submit it to AMV Hell 5.

kapparomeo is right about question 2. Gunslinger Girl (both seasons and OVA) has plenty of gunfights and some grenades thrown.
Many AMV's could be made from that Series alone.

I originally Made it for Anime Re-Mix 2 (well, i think he's changing it to 1.5 since the lack of videos submitted), and the video limit for that was 45 seconds.
Since my video is 44 seconds, and AMV Hell 5 has a limit of 30 seconds, i'll have to cut some parts out to be able to submit it to AMV Hell 5.

I got a very funny clip idea, however, i don't want to say much about it just yet, because i don't want anybody to use it.
It may sound weird, but i need help, to find ANY Anime clip of somebody eating a cookie.
Like i said, it may sound weird, but just go with it.

I've asked my friends and i can't find an anime where somebody is eating a cookie from ANY of the Anime i've seen.
I told them the idea and they thought it was funny.

If you know of an Anime where this happens, tell me the name of it and what episode it happens it. Thanks.