Zarxrax
02-28-2012, 10:39 PM
There are lots of cool announcements below, so please read carefully!

First and foremost, its time to start getting ready for AMV Hell 6: The End of the Universe 2012.
Entries will be accepted from March 1 through April 30. Don't miss the deadline!
Just like all the previous AMV Hell projects, any sort of funny or amusing anime-related clips may be submitted. However, this project will have an "end of the universe" theme, so you are encouraged to make some videos that adhere to the theme (but you don't have to).
For full details about the project, including instructions for submitting your videos, check out the thread over on animemusicvideos.org: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=105212

Next, another project that some of you may be interested in will be Video Game Project 6: Final Fantasy Hell.
This project is similar to AMV Hell, but is focused around Final Fantasy. For more details, you can check out its thread here: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=105209

And now finally, you may be wondering what will happen to AMV Minis during all of this.
For the time being, all of your anime-related videos should be submitted to AMV Hell 6, NOT to AMV Minis.
I will now be producing a special episode of AMV Minis, featuring LIVE-ACTION content! I know that some people have been looking forward to a project like this for some time now, so here is your chance! In order to submit your video, just follow the standard AMV Minis submission procedure, detailed on this page: http://www.amvhell.com/showthread.php?1404-AMV-Minis-Entry-Rules
There is currently no set deadline for this episode of AMV Minis.

LawRayLiet
02-28-2012, 11:04 PM
I thought SSGWNBTD just said recently there would be a AMV Hell Log(0)?
Was that dropped?

Also, a Live Action huh... will be interesting to see how it turns out.
Seems interesting, but I can't imagine the submissions coming in as fast and as much as usual.
Hope we get enough good ones.

EvilestDeath
02-29-2012, 12:16 AM
Was that dropped?

Hopefully, then I won't have to postpone the sequel to AMV.avi.

N.P.C.C.
02-29-2012, 12:56 AM
Hopefully, then I won't have to postpone the sequel to AMV.avi.

...Bloody coward.

LawRayLiet
02-29-2012, 01:03 AM
Well, I ask because of this conversation I had:

Well since the subject has changed to AMV Hell 6...
How many Hells are there going to be this year?)

AMV Hell 6: The End of the Universe 2012 and AMV Hell Log(0). The FF one has been retitled Video Game Project 6: Final Fantasy Hell. Mostly Nichijou is an alternate title for AMV Hell 6.

But things may have changed.

hosokawa37
02-29-2012, 01:49 AM
I knew this was coming up around this time lol. luckily season 3 of amv nightmare is wrapping up, and my skits have been submitted to that, so any skits i make can go directly towards this xD

Diclonius
02-29-2012, 03:13 AM
need to ban the use of the song end of the world as we know it so people actually put some thought into it

hosokawa37
02-29-2012, 03:15 AM
i figure evangelion and madoka would be used a lot since they had 'end of the world' vibe to them xD

LOLWTFBBQ
02-29-2012, 03:53 AM
I swear this will be the worst AMV Hell if evangelion gets focused due to its forced apocalyptic theme. We have seen enough

Guthix
02-29-2012, 08:27 AM
if videos are funny i dont care if its madoka or eva

kapparomeo
02-29-2012, 10:45 AM
Hurrah! I've been eagerly anticipating the new Hell for a good while now. Circumstances prevented me from making an active contribution to Hell 5, so I'm looking forward to plunging deep into Hell 6.

A quick question about the Live-Action Mini, Zarxrax - are entries to focus on Japanese films, dramas etc., or is live-action video from any country acceptable?

bonehimer
02-29-2012, 12:58 PM
I been saving live action ideas for years, expect half of them to be of Westerns though.

Was that dropped?

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/images/smilies/icon_shark.gif (http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=105457)
shark is clickable

Couldn't you guys do a compilation using the best of Amv Minis and release it as the third 6?

Zarxrax
02-29-2012, 04:35 PM
A quick question about the Live-Action Mini, Zarxrax - are entries to focus on Japanese films, dramas etc., or is live-action video from any country acceptable?

Anything at all is fine, even original footage.

Zetsubou-Chan
03-01-2012, 06:01 AM
I'll try out for AMV Hell 6, wish me luck

Gleeman
03-01-2012, 03:00 PM
need to ban the use of the song end of the world as we know it so people actually put some thought into it

Well there goes my idea! ;)

But seriously, end of the world is a bit of a challenge.

Guthix
03-01-2012, 07:48 PM
good luck yall

UTF
03-02-2012, 07:38 PM
After we've submitted to Hell 6, will we get a response if a video's been rejected, or is no news good news?

Zarxrax
03-02-2012, 08:47 PM
In the past, a lot of those decisions tend to be made at the last moment.

hosokawa37
03-02-2012, 08:55 PM
when would be the latest we'd hear anything?

Zarxrax
03-02-2012, 10:28 PM
Day before it premieres? :p

hosokawa37
03-03-2012, 02:28 AM
also, can we just submit one at time during the submission period, or should we send them all in at the same time?

Shadow66
03-03-2012, 02:48 AM
How long can the videos be this time?

Zarxrax
03-07-2012, 12:36 AM
Its better to send each video separately.

And as always, the shorter the videos, the better. No one wants to see a minute long video in amv hell.

Shadow66
03-07-2012, 01:14 AM
If a video is too long but good can it be accepted if it was shorter?

Snarfalakus
03-07-2012, 03:36 AM
How obvious should the jokes be?

Shadow66
03-07-2012, 06:16 AM
I was wondering about that too, also what are the rules when it comes to cussing?

hosokawa37
03-08-2012, 12:28 AM
^ when it comes to cussing, i know f-words, and various sexual slurs [like the c-words and so forth] arent allowed. if anything, im sure they would tell you if you need to censor a word lol

and a question from me: When we submit the skits, do they need to be in .mp4 format like when we submit for the minis?
and is mirrorcreator ok for sending skits, or should we use a different website for that?

Shadow66
03-08-2012, 02:56 AM
^ thnx for the info, where can I get good censor files, and I also want to no what website to use since megaupload is down.

Haar
03-08-2012, 05:14 AM
^ thnx for the info, where can I get good censor files, and I also want to no what website to use since megaupload is down.

Try Youtube if you need a stock beep sound. I'd recommend using DownloadHelper (www.downloadhelper.net/) to download the necessary sound. If all else fails, just Google it.

Antonio Black
03-08-2012, 07:19 AM
Quick question: I have several different ideas that aren't all animes. So adhering (or not adhering) to the "end of the world" theme, is it possible to submit video game related clips?

Shadow66
03-08-2012, 07:20 AM
Try Youtube if you need a stock beep sound. I'd recommend using DownloadHelper (www.downloadhelper.net/) to download the necessary sound. If all else fails, just Google it.

Thnx for the advice, although I already have a program for that. Do you know where I can get the sound effect that has a man saying the eff word?

kapparomeo
03-08-2012, 08:35 AM
Quick question: I have several different ideas that aren't all animes. So adhering (or not adhering) to the "end of the world" theme, is it possible to submit video game related clips?

In the past, we've had video game-based skits (for instance, there was a Final Fantasy XI skit in AMV Hell 4) - as long as they're Japanese games, I'd say that they'd be seen with the same spirit as other anime.

In other news, with the clearing of virus infections from my computer, my first AMV Hell 6 skit is away - although it's actually an old one that I've had on file for literally a year! Luckily, in between my current job ending and the close of the submission period, there's one precious unoccupied fortnight in which I can edit, edit, edit new skits. :sweatdrop:

Haar
03-08-2012, 01:24 PM
Thnx for the advice, although I already have a program for that. Do you know where I can get the sound effect that has a man saying the eff word?

Again, Youtube or Google, most likely.

Shadow66
03-08-2012, 06:05 PM
I
In the past, we've had video game-based skits (for instance, there was a Final Fantasy XI skit in AMV Hell 4) - as long as they're Japanese games, I'd say that they'd be seen with the same spirit as other anime.

In other news, with the clearing of virus infections from my computer, my first AMV Hell 6 skit is away - although it's actually an old one that I've had on file for literally a year! Luckily, in between my current job ending and the close of the submission period, there's one precious unoccupied fortnight in which I can edit, edit, edit new skits. :sweatdrop:

What about shows that look like anime like avatar? Do they count or do we have to use strictly anime from japan

Haar
03-08-2012, 06:11 PM
What about shows that look like anime like avatar? Do they count or do we have to use strictly anime from japan

I'm pretty sure they only count actual anime produced by the Japanese, but I can't really say, seeing as I'm not directing this.

Shadow66
03-08-2012, 06:29 PM
I'm pretty sure they only count actual anime produced by the Japanese, but I can't really say, seeing as I'm not directing this.

Hopely there are exceptions to this rule, since this topic is still under debate.

Haar
03-08-2012, 06:33 PM
Personally, I've been thinking of making a clip using Transformers Generation 1, but it's status as an anime is sort of debatable. I mean, the writers and the concept itself were American, yet Toei supplied a large amount of the show's animation. Going by that, though, you could count the first G.I. Joe series as an anime, I guess.

Shadow66
03-08-2012, 06:40 PM
Personally, I've been thinking of making a clip using Transformers Generation 1, but it's status as an anime is sort of debatable. I mean, the writers and the concept itself were American, yet Toei supplied a large amount of the show's animation. Going by that, though, you could count the first G.I. Joe series as an anime, I guess.
Exactly my point, and I wouldn't worry about making transformers AMVs since transformers videos have been in AMV Hell in the past.

SarcotarascusN
03-09-2012, 07:46 AM
If Zarxrax was willing to put a Kappa Mikey clip in AMV Hell 4, then you can probably get away with that.

Shadow66
03-09-2012, 06:53 PM
If Zarxrax was willing to put a Kappa Mikey clip in AMV Hell 4, then you can probably get away with that.

I would feel better if I can get confirmation from ssgwnbtd or Zarxrax when it comes to this topic if there are certain shows that can make an exception.

Antonio Black
03-11-2012, 01:29 AM
Well I mean AMV Hell 4 had quite a few video game skits and to be honest I can'tthink of very many anime clip ideas this time around. I'm still in the planning stages of some clips though. Now I just need to be reminded where to submit clips...
Same place as Minis submissions?

Hanamaru kndgrt boy 2010
03-13-2012, 10:28 PM
Ill make a entry !

vejtornado
03-14-2012, 12:42 AM
Came up with an epic idea after watching tv. Thanks T.V.

Antonio Black
03-16-2012, 11:57 PM
Crap...I gotta get around to submitting stuff.
And I got work and stuff. Man...I hope I get around to it...

Thenameisbob
03-19-2012, 05:27 PM
Hi, just made a clip that i'd like to submit. Problem is it has nudity.....sort of. The clip in question depicts a girl who is fully naked but does not show the obvious (the whole body is just skin tone). Could I submit it to AMV hell 6 and if not, is there anything coming up that I could submit it to?

Shadow66
03-20-2012, 12:04 AM
From watching all the AMV Hells as long as there are no nipples or vag your good, but if your concerned you can put censors on it.

mattroks101
03-20-2012, 03:18 AM
I would feel better if I can get confirmation from ssgwnbtd or Zarxrax when it comes to this topic if there are certain shows that can make an exception.
There were a few Transformers clips in AMV Hell 5 as well.

Shadow66
03-20-2012, 03:57 AM
I was talking about avatar when I meant about confirmation.

glory of llama
03-20-2012, 04:37 AM
I feel like the Mass Effect 3 endings should be referenced somehow. I mean sure, tie in with TTGL but how exactly... maybe like, at the end of TTGL bring up the dialogue choice wheel and have nothing but bad choices and then clips from the end of ME3 then the FFFFUUUUUUUUU rageface with voice? eh I feel like it should be referenced, anyway. Probably the most dramatic example of a terrible end of the universe plot this year (note: I don't think this is a spoiler, since I still haven't finished the campaign myself yet I know all about the huge controversy over the terrible endings, even though I've been specifically trying to avoid reading any spoilers)

Shadow66
03-20-2012, 04:54 AM
Never played mass effect so I don't know what your talking about.??????

glory of llama
03-20-2012, 05:20 AM
it's about stopping these giant robots from destroying the galaxy. over the first 2 games, you do great! you save the day! Apparently at the end of the third one however, there is no such thing as a good ending lol

Which is actually someone similar to gurren lagann in that respect too... at any rate, there's a spoiler-filled graphic in the Video Games thread that points out multiple ways in which TTGL and ME3 are basically the exact same and the similarities keep popping out to me. I have no idea how someone would make an amv out of it, but I feel like it should be done lol

Shadow66
03-20-2012, 05:48 AM
Didn't gurren lagann have a good ending? Beside what happened to Nina.

Haar
03-20-2012, 05:55 AM
well, half of Team Dai-Gurren died

Shadow66
03-20-2012, 06:04 AM
well, half of Team Dai-Gurren died

I've seen the series, but it had good ending you know with the world being saved and what not. Apparently mass effect doesn't have a good ending.

glory of llama
03-20-2012, 06:30 AM
Well the idea is,

Sure, Simon and the team save the spirals, so humanity can continue existing and growing, yay! However, Simon himself loses Nia and goes into seclusion, presumably to live out the remainder of his days as the pathetic shell of the awesome man he once was because saving the galaxy did nothing for him personally since he lost everything he cared about (except Yoko who ALSO pretty much goes into seclusion and we assume never loves again for no reason other than Kamina died) and his team all sacrificed themselves except for a couple. A few people got to have a happy ending, but the vast majority of the guys we came to love either died or ended up in emotional and metaphysical shatters.

Likewise, apparently the ending of ME3 is "sure you can save the galaxy, but in doing so still a huge percentage of the people die anyway (probably earth is destroyed, like I said I haven't finished yet, but I assume so) and apparently we learn that the whole saving the galaxy thing is likely to turn out false anyway as an even LARGER threat looms that will completely erase the galaxy and the only thing stopping it was the Reapers who you were trying to stop this whole time", just like in TTGL the heroes were trying to stop first Lord Genome who was only trying to protect them from the Anti-spirals, then they fought the anti-spirals who were in turn only trying to protect them from the inevitable destruction of the galaxy/universe with the spiral power's capacity to grow infinitely and consume everything.

Point is, in both things, the heroes fulfilled their missions, but failed to either save themselves or the people they cared about or face a larger threat as a result of completing their mission. I know I felt a little unfulfilled and sad at the end of TTGL, not just because Nia died but because the great man that is Simon faded away as did Yoko, leaving those lesser characters to have their happiness. Pissed me off. Likewise ME1 and ME2 set up expectations in the players that they could WIN THIS THING!! Each time, you advance the cause of humanity in the galaxy, save a bunch of people, and learn the meaning of noble sacrifice, only to find it was all for nothing in the end even if you technically did win. "Bittersweet" doesn't even cover it. It's like recovering the Holy Grail only to find out it was a nuke and blows up your hometown. CONGRATULATIONS! You failed yourself by doing the very thing you were supposed to! Destiny's a bitch, huh! wooooooo lol

Shadow66
03-20-2012, 07:03 AM
Well the idea is,

Sure, Simon and the team save the spirals, so humanity can continue existing and growing, yay! However, Simon himself loses Nia and goes into seclusion, presumably to live out the remainder of his days as the pathetic shell of the awesome man he once was because saving the galaxy did nothing for him personally since he lost everything he cared about (except Yoko who ALSO pretty much goes into seclusion and we assume never loves again for no reason other than Kamina died) and his team all sacrificed themselves except for a couple. A few people got to have a happy ending, but the vast majority of the guys we came to love either died or ended up in emotional and metaphysical shatters.

Likewise, apparently the ending of ME3 is "sure you can save the galaxy, but in doing so still a huge percentage of the people die anyway (probably earth is destroyed, like I said I haven't finished yet, but I assume so) and apparently we learn that the whole saving the galaxy thing is likely to turn out false anyway as an even LARGER threat looms that will completely erase the galaxy and the only thing stopping it was the Reapers who you were trying to stop this whole time", just like in TTGL the heroes were trying to stop first Lord Genome who was only trying to protect them from the Anti-spirals, then they fought the anti-spirals who were in turn only trying to protect them from the inevitable destruction of the galaxy/universe with the spiral power's capacity to grow infinitely and consume everything.

Point is, in both things, the heroes fulfilled their missions, but failed to either save themselves or the people they cared about or face a larger threat as a result of completing their mission. I know I felt a little unfulfilled and sad at the end of TTGL, not just because Nia died but because the great man that is Simon faded away as did Yoko, leaving those lesser characters to have their happiness. Pissed me off. Likewise ME1 and ME2 set up expectations in the players that they could WIN THIS THING!! Each time, you advance the cause of humanity in the galaxy, save a bunch of people, and learn the meaning of noble sacrifice, only to find it was all for nothing in the end even if you technically did win. "Bittersweet" doesn't even cover it. It's like recovering the Holy Grail only to find out it was a nuke and blows up your hometown. CONGRATULATIONS! You failed yourself by doing the very thing you were supposed to! Destiny's a bitch, huh! wooooooo lol

So would that mean halo would go under the same category?

glory of llama
03-20-2012, 07:10 AM
Hmm... actually I never played through the halo campaigns lol

At any rate it's clear that if the joke has to be explained this much, it won't be funny. So nevermind about me3 lol

Shadow66
03-20-2012, 07:33 AM
This is more depressing than funny.

LawRayLiet
04-02-2012, 06:50 PM
Anything at all is fine, even original footage.

Wow, why am I just now reading this?
Scratch the comment I made first ITT, this has great potential.
Would be interesting to see some original footage.

Palla156
04-08-2012, 10:48 PM
Day before it premieres? :p

What if we send in a video that you would accept if we would make some adjustments to it, will you then maybe send us a email about it the day before amvhell 6 premieres or when would you send the email?

Antonio Black
04-12-2012, 02:06 AM
QUICK, READ THIS.
If any of you guys got problems or have any experience solving problems related to creating or submitting clips, look for my new thread to provide or seek answers. But for the moment, its mostly just me...too tangled up in my work life to slap things together cleanly and efficiently.

Should be called: "Need help with clips and stuff for AMV Hell 6(?)"

1-13R3T1K
04-15-2012, 05:52 PM
:/ Im not quite sure how to send the vid and info so I created an email with both links to drop box in the message will that be acceptable?

Shadow66
04-22-2012, 12:32 AM
Is it ok if I send all my submissions in one email? I've made a lot of AMV's that I don't want to send them to you guys individualy.

LawRayLiet
04-22-2012, 12:35 AM
Is it ok if I send all my submissions in one email? I've made a lot of AMV's that I don't want to send them to you guys individualy.

Its better to send each video separately.

Probably better for organization.

Shadow66
04-22-2012, 12:58 AM
Probably better for organization.

You agreeing with me or Zarxrax?

LawRayLiet
04-22-2012, 02:17 AM
You agreeing with me or Zarxrax?

Zarx

hosokawa37
04-22-2012, 05:56 AM
i wish i had known that. i submitted 5 skits into one email xD

secretaznman
04-22-2012, 05:25 PM
SO now that the submission deadline has come and gone, any rough idea on a timeframe for release?

Shadow66
04-22-2012, 08:23 PM
SO now that the submission deadline has come and gone, any rough idea on a timeframe for release?

The deadline hasn't past yet, its next week. The premiere is usually at the convention anime at Atlanta.

kapparomeo
04-23-2012, 02:57 AM
Has anyone who has submitted a skit to Hell 6 received a response yet? I don't mean to sound impatient and I'm not trying to jostle anyone along, but I'd like to make sure that my skits are getting through when there's enough time to resend them if there have been any issues.

hosokawa37
04-23-2012, 03:07 AM
I have wondering that too, since I haven't heard anything yet, and i submitted skits the first/second week of March xD

Shadow66
04-23-2012, 04:39 AM
I think they'll let us now once the deadline has passed. They probably haven't seen them yet

keinushi
04-28-2012, 07:24 AM
crap crap crap crap crap crap! Meant to start working on my entries a month ago, only 3 days left. Only enough time to turn in 3 videos! Must speed up! Spending all weekend editing my entries now.

cyborg
05-16-2012, 01:10 AM
So if it's the anime convention in Atlanta, it will be released in September then?