LawRayLiet
05-12-2012, 04:08 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Isf5h.png

Better late then never(hopefully). Thanks to everyone who submitted an entry.
Special thanks to Harr, if not for all his entries, this MEP would have been a lost cause.
To download in full quality visit: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/members_videoinfo.php?v=190872

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7P7yJ_yzDAI

Credits:

Opening
LawRayLiet
Various
Six:A.M. - Life After Death

LawRayLiet
When They Cry
System of a Down - Sugar

Haar
Mazinkaizer SKL
Exodus - A Lesson In Violence

TheCacoVenom
C3
Twisted Method - Inside out

ThatsNotMyName_studio
Death note
The Shining - Title Theme

Haar
Tokyo Tribe 2
Ice Cube - How To Survive In South Central

Haar
Michiko to Hatchin
M.O.P. - Ante Up

Haar
Mazinkaiser
Edguy - ****ing With Fire

Haar
Fist of the North Star (Movie)
Dragonforce - Soldiers of the Wasteland

Theo Downey
Deadman Wonderland
Elka ft. Aria - City of Deception

Haar
Devilman: The Rebirth
Marilyn Manson - Irresponsible Hate Anthem

LawRayLiet
Hellsing Ultimate
Dope - 6-6-Sick

Credits
LawRayLiet
Various
Static-X - Bled For Days

Original Announcement
****New****
UPDATE 11/01:
New Deadline: November 20th

Submission Rules:

The Theme:
This MEP will feature AMVs which include the Psychopaths found in anime, or those who may seem to be violently Psychotic.
The main focus is on the heartless, violent, emotionless monsters who call themselves human and the atrocious acts they perform.
This may include any who kill without discretion.
Although this is not a comedy MEP, a humor oriented clip may be accepted, as long as it's "Dark Humor".
In other words, something you know you shouldn't laugh at and yet do.

Content:
Any amount of blood and gore is allowed. Even non-explicit nudity is allowed. Other than hentai, anything goes and should be fine.

Length:
I don't want to put any specific length restrictions, so as to limit creativity. But the majority of clips will likely be under 1:00min.
So try your best to at least keep it under 1:30 and to keep it interesting. No one likes an AMV that drags on.

Format:
Ideally your video should be 640x480 for fullscreen or 848x480 for widescreen and should be 23.976 fps Progressive.
The preferred method of compression is a "Huffy", "Lagarith" or "UtVideo" lossless AVI, with an uncompressed WAV as the audio.
Although, an h.264 MP4 with 320kbps MP3 or AAC may also be accepted. In this case, I highly suggest compressing it with Zarx264gui (http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/avtech31/zarx264gui.html).
If you submit a clip that doesn't meet these guidelines, I'll do my best to work with it still.
But as long as you check the render settings in your editing program, you should be able to meet these specs.

Quality:
Your video should be as high quality as possible, while still meeting the specifications above.
Unless subtitles are "intentional" and "necessary", they should not be present in your video.
No form of a watermark will be allowed. Although if you properly crop the watermark off, and it doesn't detract from the video to much, it should be acceptable.

Uploading Your Video:
Preffered methods of upload.

1. Dropbox (http://db.tt/qqJyYOXe)
How To Upload:
1. Register, then download and install the Dropbox application.
2. Inside the Dropbox folder on your PC, place your video in the "Public" folder.
3. After your video has finished syncing/uploading, right-click your video and under the "Dropbox" tab, select "Copy public link".

That is the link we will need to download your video.2. Attachment
How To Upload:
If you have registered an account on anime-off (http://www.anime-off.com/forum/member.php?action=register), you may upload your video as an attachment.
Note: This will only work with files 64MB or below. Supported file types are: [AVI/MPEG/MPG/MP4/MKV]

Here's how:

1. Submit the details of your submission in the "AMV Psychopathy Entry Form" (http://www.anime-off.com/forum/Forum-AMV-Psychopathy-Entry-Form) mentioned below, under "Submitting Your Video."
2. After the information has been submitted, you should see a thread that has been created in the "AMV Psychopathy Entries" (http://www.anime-off.com/forum/Forum-AMV-Psychopathy-Entries) forum. Enter the thread.
3. In the bottom right of your post will be a button that says "edit", click it and select "Full Edit".
4. At the bottom of the page there will be a button that says "Choose File". Select your file.
5. Click the "Update Post" button below.

You're done!Other methods of hosting your video may be accepted, but is highly discouraged.
Considering each host has their own limitations and download limits, including expiration on how long files stay hosted.

Submiting Your Video:
Fill out the form located here: AMV Psychopathy Entry Form (http://www.anime-off.com/forum/forms.php?id=1)
It's suggested that you register (http://www.anime-off.com/forum/member.php?action=register) an account, so you can check back on any feedback you may get from myself or one of the other judges.
And so you may also reply to any questions or concerns of the other judges.

If you choose to fill out the form as a guest, make sure to leave a contact email address.
In this case you will simply receive a message by email as to whether it was accepted or any needed modifications.
You will not receive any critique or opinions given from the other judges. Although, their opinion will effect the result of whether the video is accepted.

Question? Post it below and I'll respond as soon as possible.

Guthix
05-12-2012, 04:12 PM
Sound yummy, its a shame i don't make amvs.
http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/2982/gujcx1.png

Lionforce1337
05-12-2012, 08:02 PM
I might be inclined to do something for this. I always like a good bloodbath. I've got like 3 other projects I'm sending stuff into though so I can't make any promises on how quickly they'll be out.

mattroks101
05-13-2012, 01:45 AM
Time to make about a billion Ladd clips.

LawRayLiet
05-13-2012, 07:43 PM
Sound yummy, its a shame i don't make amvs.

Well if you have any ideas, or even a characters you think would be good to use, post it here.
Recently I've been trying to watch more anime with a lot of action and violence, where I can get some good ideas from.

I might be inclined to do something for this. I always like a good bloodbath. I've got like 3 other projects I'm sending stuff into though so I can't make any promises on how quickly they'll be out.

No rush, hope to see something from you.

Time to make about a billion Ladd clips.

Had to Google that, still haven't seen Baccano yet, but from what I have seen of Ladd(mostly from your amvs), he certainly would fit in well.

Haar
05-13-2012, 08:04 PM
Time for me to make some Fist of the North Star videos.

Guthix
05-13-2012, 08:16 PM
well i see you already aquanted with deadman wonderland, i kinda already gave a hint, hense the internet famoust yandere meme from mirai nikki
there is plenty phycho characters there

Guthix
05-13-2012, 09:06 PM
also fished one of my videos , theme related and fits the name if you have havent made an intro yet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcWwnKOkYgY&feature=BFa&list=PLCD29FF453E220A79
i think i had another...

mattroks101
05-14-2012, 12:17 AM
Had to Google that, still haven't seen Baccano yet, but from what I have seen of Ladd(mostly from your amvs), he certainly would fit in well.

Yeah he's a pyscho. I need to get to work on my clips.

HeyHeyHeyStayOuttaMyShed
05-14-2012, 12:27 AM
Jesus, I picked the worse time to get rid of Sony Vegas lol </3 Would of done a Higurashi clip, Probably featuring Shion. Sense she's the psycho-ist bitch in the whole series.

Kaiju
05-14-2012, 12:31 AM
Jesus, I picked the worse time to get rid of Sony Vegas lol </3 Would of done a Higurashi clip, Probably featuring Shion. Sense she's the psycho-ist bitch in the whole series.

Only in the arch she snaps, otherwise the crown of 'Queen Psycho Bitch' of Higurashi goes to Takano

HeyHeyHeyStayOuttaMyShed
05-14-2012, 12:37 AM
Oh yeah, Takano , Yeah, provided she is ultra psycho, But, i kinda forgive her for being psycho because of her horrible, traumatizing childhood. D< ~♥ heheheh I fully believe she was raped in that orphanage. xD ...Who takes kid's, alone, with an adult, in an empty stall without a toilet? xDD

Kaiju
05-14-2012, 12:40 AM
Oh yeah, Takano , Yeah, provided she is ultra psycho, But, i kinda forgive her for being psycho because of her horrible, traumatizing childhood. D< ~♥ heheheh I fully believe she was raped in that orphanage. xD ...Who takes kid's, alone, with an adult, in an empty stall without a toilet? xDD
And Shion was afflicted by the Hate Plague that makes everything an overreaction, lol. Takano only suffered said Hate Plague until AFTER her plans fell apart, I believe for most of the series her psychosis was her own, ESPECIALLY in the Manga, where it shows Takano dissecting Rika's Mother...ALIVE. Traumatic Childhood or no, Takano is still one crazy bitch...hence why she is on my list of top twenty anime/manga villains

LawRayLiet
05-18-2012, 10:43 PM
well i see you already aquanted with deadman wonderland, i kinda already gave a hint, hense the internet famoust yandere meme from mirai nikki
there is plenty phycho characters there

Yeah, I saw Deadman Wonderland, I actually liked it a lot more than I thought I would.
Never seen Mirai Nikki before though, I'll have to check it out later.

Well there's plenty of time to get it back, so... no excuses!

LawRayLiet
07-12-2012, 11:51 PM
Deadline has been set, for those who are interested, check the announcement above.

AMV.org thread (http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=109241) is much more active than here, not to surprising though.

Haar
07-12-2012, 11:54 PM
That's actually sort of surprising. Those guys usually don't have much to say to me.

Guthix
07-13-2012, 06:36 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2vSkyQjH1o&feature=BFa&list=FLEKEzR4WNXI4w_V49NsogQQ

LawRayLiet
09-15-2012, 06:12 AM
The countdown starts. 30 days from this post is the entry deadline. If you were interested, now would be a good time to get started.

Guthix
09-15-2012, 06:33 AM
oh boy oh boy oh boy!

ThatsNotMyName_studio
09-15-2012, 06:10 PM
i think i can come up with something by then

LawRayLiet
10-17-2012, 04:33 AM
Looking for more editors to participate. If you're interested, please make a post here to let me know.
Also, please read the post found here: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=109241&p=1465895#p1465895

Haar
10-17-2012, 04:37 AM
Wow, I almost forgot about this, somehow. I better make something quick.

ThatsNotMyName_studio
10-17-2012, 04:49 AM
/me starts pondering the possibilities

Haar
10-17-2012, 04:53 AM
I watch plenty of shows with psycho characters and I even have a beta already made that could work with a little adjustment. Now I just need to find some emo songs for the rest of my ideas

LawRayLiet
10-17-2012, 05:03 AM
Wow, I almost forgot about this, somehow. I better make something quick.

Ha Now that AMV Destrucity is out, hopefully you can get something done now.

Haar
10-17-2012, 05:18 AM
Seeing as how my current project in rotation is just a wordy slideshow, yeah, I'd say I have time to work on some clips of crazy people doing crazy stuff.

Guthix
10-17-2012, 06:15 AM
tis a shame i dont make amvs,cant realy contribute yet i wanted to see this one

Haar
10-17-2012, 12:07 PM
Can't you just donate your ideas to people?

Guthix
10-17-2012, 12:14 PM
well i slaped a few music clips here, as for ideas id need to rewatch my stephen king and deadmanwonderland/mirai nikki to think of something

Haar
10-17-2012, 12:17 PM
I'd give out some of my ideas right now, but I actually plan on using most, if not all, of them, so I'll hold off on that until I fail at making the videos in question.

ThatsNotMyName_studio
10-17-2012, 08:54 PM
i have 1.5 ideas. (really) and I should be able to get at least one of those together perhaps tonite

Haar
10-17-2012, 08:55 PM
Well, I sent in my first one. Time to get to work on the others.

LawRayLiet
10-17-2012, 10:14 PM
I'm probably going to try and make at least 2 or 3 more myself before the release.
Like Harr said, if anyone has a good idea(anime+song) to donate, go ahead. I'll be sure to credit you as well if I or someone else uses it.

thedarkmessenger
10-17-2012, 11:07 PM
Does Mako Tsunami (Yu-Gi-Oh!) count as a psycho? He's a freaky fish guy...:P I've got a good idea for him, but it doesn't really fit my wrestling-style vid.

LawRayLiet
10-17-2012, 11:18 PM
Ha There's a pretty big difference between "Freaky" and a "Psychopath".
I can't remember him really doing anything crazy, unless I'm forgetting something?

Now Dartz and Marik, that's a different story.

thedarkmessenger
10-17-2012, 11:18 PM
I'll see if I come up with anything for Marik. I think I do actually have an idea or two :P

ThatsNotMyName_studio
10-20-2012, 02:40 AM
OK, I'm off work tomorrow so I can get something going tonite/tomorrow.
I think Ima go with one of the Trigun ideas I mentioned to you.
Have to make some room on my drive first.

BakaLyte39K
10-20-2012, 02:15 PM
Ah, I wanted to submit a video for this, but this rule

The main focus is on the heartless, violent, emotionless monsters

disqualifies my entry.

Oh well. Good luck.

LawRayLiet
10-20-2012, 02:41 PM
While it's the main focus, don't be so sure your idea is disqualified. Send me a pm if your unsure if something is acceptable.

Sir Fluffykins
10-20-2012, 04:14 PM
Slayers Revolution where they're together with that puppet thing in a group of five, to 8-bitch Fyve audio.

Valdis: "rules specifically state there can only be FOUR light warrieeeers, we are...FYVVVE"
Goury: "I ONLY COUNT FOUR OF US!!"
Lina: "You forgot to count yourself you clod"
"Black Mage has a mean imagination" to image of her beating up Goury

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMwoXfRo48U

It's psycho...that's my idea for you guys ...and yes that's probably as far as it'll get :P

ThatsNotMyName_studio
10-26-2012, 01:34 AM
*bump*

LawRayLiet
11-01-2012, 05:49 AM
The new deadline is November 20th. I think that should be enough time for those who actually intend to contribute.
The sooner you can send in your video, the better. Also, if anyone has an inconvenience with this deadline for any reason, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

LawRayLiet
11-14-2012, 05:23 AM
One week from today until deadline.

Haar
11-14-2012, 05:36 AM
I'll try pumping out a few more. Still waiting for feedback on a few already, though.

LawRayLiet
11-14-2012, 06:10 AM
I've already viewed all of them, but I'm trying to get a good idea of the project as a whole and what fits best.

Haar
11-14-2012, 01:45 PM
Fair enough. I was just expecting to get a message along the lines of "this is rejected" or "could you shorten this scene?," is all.

LawRayLiet
12-15-2012, 09:06 AM
Update, release will be between late December to early January.

thedarkmessenger
01-24-2013, 01:18 AM
Update, it's past early January and I see no release :O

LawRayLiet
01-24-2013, 05:39 AM
I just need to finish up the OP and it'll be ready for release. I've been sort of side tracked with Hell 6 entries recently...

mattroks101
01-24-2013, 03:58 PM
Sorry I never got nothing done for this man. It was a great idea, I just never got the time :(

Haar
01-24-2013, 04:28 PM
I just want to see how it turned out. Trying to make sure that I'm not the only person that went the...."route" that I did.

LawRayLiet
02-05-2013, 08:59 AM
Well, it's done. Decided to make some last minute cuts. Turned out to be 9m17sec total.
Look for the release this Wednesday(or more likely early AM Thursday).

LawRayLiet
02-07-2013, 10:24 AM
Didn't feel like making a new thread, but it's now officially complete.
Check the original post of this thread for the download link, or watch it through the YouTube embed.

MADEVIL
02-07-2013, 10:47 AM
Nice job

danphikit
02-07-2013, 10:53 AM
I enjoyed it but I felt some clips were a little long and it could have done with some transition scenes. Overall though it was well done, especially the opening.

Haar
02-07-2013, 02:49 PM
Hellsing clip was definitely the best one. Also, not sure why, but seeing 4 of my videos in a row made me laugh.

Guthix
02-07-2013, 03:40 PM
my jimmies were rustled

ThatsNotMyName_studio
02-07-2013, 03:45 PM
Well Done, I say. A bold move to blend the clips rather than transition them, but I support it.
Definitely using a standard white noise xition would have been, well distracting.

It also appears that I was one of those last-minute cuts. No worries, but of the 2,
you dropped the one that played better to the people I showed them both to.

Also, not sure why, but seeing 4 of my videos in a row made me laugh.
In that case, you'll probably need medical attention when 6 comes out =)

thedarkmessenger
02-07-2013, 03:55 PM
This seemed less like "AMV Psychopathy" and more like "AMV random yelling rock songs to bloody scenes" :|

Haar
02-07-2013, 04:38 PM
my jimmies were rustled

Is that Guts speak for "I have an erection now."?

In that case, you'll probably need medical attention when 6 comes out =)

At least that will have an hour or so of padding. I'll keep the paramedics on location just to be safe, though.

This seemed less like "AMV Psychopathy" and more like "AMV random yelling rock songs to bloody scenes" :|

It's funny because a clip of mine that actually showed a mental breakdown was rejected. Of course, it's not like most would've gotten what was going on in it anyway.

BladeGraffiti
02-07-2013, 04:47 PM
http://youtu.be/JN1T7BijztA

and now all Haar has to do is finish it.......................DO IT ALREADY!

Haar
02-07-2013, 04:51 PM
Of course I'll finish it. I was merely bogged down in a lot of projects between then and now. I just have to finish up a few videos for some other MEPs I was working on and I'll be free to work on that thing.

LawRayLiet
02-07-2013, 05:15 PM
I enjoyed it but I felt some clips were a little long and it could have done with some transition scenes. Overall though it was well done, especially the opening.

Transition bits are more or less a mark of AMV Hellish spin offs. I've watched a good number of MEPs and I rarely come by those who use a transition other than a fade. I've never planned for this to be an AMV Hell style spin-off, so I decided to go with a fade out/in transition.

LawRayLiet
02-07-2013, 05:27 PM
Hellsing clip was definitely the best one. Also, not sure why, but seeing 4 of my videos in a row made me laugh.

Ha Well you wound up being around 40% of the video. I just ordered them in a way which worked well for the transition blendings.

I'm actually surprised no one has mentioned the quality of my Higurashi clip. I made it two years ago, before I'd ever opened this project. I kept planning to go back and remake the whole thing in high quality, but I couldn't find the time here recently and decided to release it as is.

Guthix
02-07-2013, 07:07 PM
Is that Guts speak for "I have an erection now."?

At least that will have an hour or so of padding. I'll keep the paramedics on location just to be safe, though.

It's funny because a clip of mine that actually showed a mental breakdown was rejected. Of course, it's not like most would've gotten what was going on in it anyway.

No not realy, it's more like having your hopes bashed.
I guess I can't blaim Law, but clips were long and most of them with were senseless music on expresionless robots.
I was sorta exepting mental pain tears and insanity, not a metal music mash up.
The first clip was sorta what I was expecting, exept I would end at "killed everyone", because the rest went bonkers.
Deadman wonderland is an obvious choise in this project, yet its set with a russian song, not sure weather not undersanding the lyrics is a + though...despite that has masterfull sync.
I don't see the hellsing clip praise worthy, there are scenes far better suited for the lyrics and its looks like a cluster**** in the begining.
Overall: I came here with a box of chockolate to get "what?" slapped on my face.

N.P.C.C.
02-07-2013, 07:34 PM
Hmm...I thought it was alright. Interesting editing though some stuff at times dragged on. I liked how all the clips had an intense feel to them and made the over all project feel...chaotic. Especially with all the metal guitar riffs accompanying those fast as hell frame transitions.

I noticed the clip i submitted didn't make it in but i did recall you saying you weren't sure where it would fit in here so i can agree it would have been out of place.

LawRayLiet
02-07-2013, 09:00 PM
No not realy, it's more like having your hopes bashed.
I guess I can't blaim Law, but clips were long and most of them with were senseless music on expresionless robots.
I was sorta exepting mental pain tears and insanity, not a metal music mash up.

I never really planned to go the insanity route. A lot of people tend to confuse psychopathy and psychotic. Psychotic is insanity, delusions, etc., while psychopathy is an antisocial personality disorder characterized by some of the things that's in the OP. In fact, the core thing that makes a psychopath is the shallow if not nonexistent emotions. A psychopath is usually not insane or mentally ill, their inability to empathize or relate with others simply makes them think in a self serving way and to commit acts which would be unthinkable to most because of that pesky thing called a conscience. Although, I'll admit, being psychotic and a psychopath coupled together is fairly common in anime. Though, I think Kotomine Kirei is a great example of what a true psychopath is like.

With that said, this project did turn out differently then I had originally imagined. A few clips didn't fit as closely to the theme as I would've liked, but they were still good imo. I also would have liked to have made more myself with newer shows such as, maybe... Shikki, Another, Mirai Nikki, Psychopass, etc., but the ideas just weren't coming to me and I'd delayed the release enough.

Haar
02-08-2013, 12:39 AM
I'm actually surprised no one has mentioned the quality of my Higurashi clip.

That would be as redundant as me asking why the whole project is 480p