SyctherSoul
06-08-2012, 04:53 PM
Hey guys, this is my very first AMV so please be kind with your feedback!
I want to learn more techniques within this field so feel free to contact me on here or on my Youtube account!

http://youtu.be/KuaHKjE4N_4

This is my 2nd AMV, i feel have done better with this version and this AMV focus' on Loke and his story about the pain he feels about Karen and his change from being sad to powerful and happy thanks to Lucy.

http://youtu.be/2rozbw-i6O8

Thanks

SyctherSoul
06-08-2012, 07:08 PM
What do you guys think?

Guthix
06-08-2012, 07:13 PM
not a heavy metal fan so i can only say:
the subs in the begining need to last longer since they are still quite shadowed in the begining
the rage scream part was fitting

SyctherSoul
06-08-2012, 07:34 PM
not a heavy metal fan so i can only say:
the subs in the begining need to last longer since they are still quite shadowed in the begining
the rage scream part was fitting

Thanks for the feedback, regarding the subs.. what do you mean by 'shadowed'?

Guthix
06-08-2012, 07:47 PM
well its shadowed in the beginig so i cant read it, by the time its fully revealed the next line of text comes in
bluntly saying i cant read the first line without pausing

SyctherSoul
06-08-2012, 08:02 PM
well its shadowed in the beginig so i cant read it, by the time its fully revealed the next line of text comes in
bluntly saying i cant read the first line without pausing

Oh yeah i see what you mean.. good spot!

N.P.C.C.
06-08-2012, 08:19 PM
I usually would complain about subtitles being in a amv at all, but you did try to do something with them via leaving the audio in...While i find that a approach which warrants credit, It comes off hit and miss to me at parts but leans toward miss as the metal doesn't compliment the dialogue most of the time. Last, at the very beginning, avoid leaving muted subs in over all else. It just looks ugly/unappealing and i've shut off countless amvs from people doing that alone. It just didn't come off as a good sign that that's how that amv started off but you did a clear shot above most who have done that.

All in all, i'll say it was decent to above average.

SyctherSoul
06-08-2012, 08:39 PM
I usually would complain about subtitles being in a amv at all, but you did try to do something with them via leaving the audio in...While i find that a approach which warrants credit, It comes off hit and miss to me at parts but leans toward miss as the metal doesn't compliment the dialogue most of the time. Last, at the very beginning, avoid leaving muted subs in over all else. It just looks ugly/unappealing and i've shut off countless amvs from people doing that alone. It just didn't come off as a good sign that that's how that amv started off but you did a clear shot above most who have done that.

All in all, i'll say it was decent to above average.

I appreciate your feedback my friend!

After rendering it to youtube and watching it back i kinda realized those subtitle issues (no audio at start) and the lack of subtitle/talking w/no audio were very annoying, i think because it was my first attempt and i was quite excited i uploaded it instantly instead of going over it :(

It only took me like 2 hours to edit with my basic editing knowledge.

Haar
06-08-2012, 08:42 PM
Which is I recommend people use raws rather than hardsubbed footage.

SyctherSoul
06-08-2012, 08:56 PM
Which is I recommend people use raws rather than hardsubbed footage.

I did use a raw, the subtitles within the AMV are intended, i should of just added some voice to the beginning

Haar
06-08-2012, 09:09 PM
I did use a raw, the subtitles within the AMV are intended, i should of just added some voice to the beginning

Sorry about the confusion. I generally assume that videos with subtitles of that sort are fansubs. My mistake.:sweatdrop:

SyctherSoul
06-08-2012, 09:19 PM
Sorry about the confusion. I generally assume that videos with subtitles of that sort are fansubs. My mistake.:sweatdrop:

Oh hey, i wasn't being sarcastic or anything, i removed the subs for the scenes i didn't want subtitles/talking in.

I just rushed it :(

Haar
06-08-2012, 09:33 PM
Oh, OK.

Guthix
06-08-2012, 09:38 PM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/000/554/facepalm.jpg

N.P.C.C.
06-08-2012, 10:31 PM
Wait a sec...come to think of it, i never knew you could get subs in a mkw file to actually show up in your editing program...maybe mine isn't capable of that.

SyctherSoul
06-08-2012, 11:37 PM
Wait a sec...come to think of it, i never knew you could get subs in a mkw file to actually show up in your editing program...maybe mine isn't capable of that.

I record mine via Fraps using the desktop monitoring option, so if i don't want the subtitles i just re-record with subtitles gone ^_^

N.P.C.C.
06-08-2012, 11:54 PM
I see.

LawRayLiet
06-09-2012, 01:01 AM
I record mine via Fraps using the desktop monitoring option, so if i don't want the subtitles i just re-record with subtitles gone ^_^

I'll just leave this here.

Fraps is a horrible way to rip video and it really should not be used. This is because it simply records the screen rather than accessing the ACTUAL video data.
Think of it like, instead of copying an mp3 file and sending to to your friend, instead you use a microphone to record the audio coming out of your speakers. Somewhat similar concept.

jeremyhac
06-09-2012, 02:59 AM

lol you serious? what editing program are you using?

N.P.C.C.
06-09-2012, 05:29 AM
AVS Video Editor 5.2.

SyctherSoul
06-09-2012, 10:14 AM
I'll just leave this here.

Ah i see,

Well i am still learning and any info would be great!
What's the best way to use the files then? My episodes are in MKV format and Sony Vegas Pro 11 doesn't do that file format.

Also, does anyone know why sometimes with transitioning SVP states that the file because unrecognised and i have to restart the program for it to work?

Guthix
06-09-2012, 10:25 AM
zarx signature is a link for amv editing guides

SyctherSoul
06-09-2012, 10:55 AM
zarx signature is a link for amv editing guides

Ah cheers buddy, good to see there is alot of help on these forums ^_^

Guthix
06-09-2012, 11:48 AM
not everyone is what they seem at first... but your welcome
http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/2982/gujcx1.png

SyctherSoul
06-09-2012, 11:54 AM
^_^

Does anyone know why sometimes with transitioning SVP states that the file because unrecognised and i have to restart the program for it to work?

SyctherSoul
06-10-2012, 10:57 PM
Updated main post with new AMV

SyctherSoul
06-11-2012, 11:58 AM
Anyone have an opinion/advice for my 2nd one?

Guthix
06-11-2012, 01:56 PM
was very meh, i failed to spot sync between music/lyrics and the vissuals [even the cry moments 1 was late other didnt happen] and the ending erm... the iron dragonslayer seemed out of place

SyctherSoul
06-11-2012, 02:06 PM
Well Loke is haunted by 'Ghosts of Days Gone By' (Karen) and the story tells how he overcomes this with the help of Lucy and the fight at the end just signifies that he has gained his will to fight back etc.

Pretty obvious to me...

Guthix
06-11-2012, 02:45 PM
yeah... about that ghost - his previous master, days gone by - scenes when the master was alive? not scenes from natsus childhood
its must my opinion man

SyctherSoul
06-11-2012, 03:49 PM
The scenes of Natsu's past is not to be taken literally, it's just meant to reflect a childhood stage of his life etc, his master was a twat anyway and any footage of her was terrible to fit into the AMV so i had to make do with what i could