thedarkmessenger
07-25-2012, 11:51 PM
Rather than create a new thread every time, I decided to make a thread for ALL my AMV's, both past and future.
That being said, I just uploaded my second AMV:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vA4TFtuAY9I&feature=plcp

Haar
07-26-2012, 12:33 AM
I'll be going for my usual opinion style, here. That is to say, I'll probably end up talking more about the technical aspects than most people would.

OK, the concept was interesting. I never would've thought of doing that. I thought it was delivered a bit awkwardly at times, but still entertaining overall.

Now, I generally don't suggest this to people, but this is one of the few videos I've seen that could actually benefit from a few effects added. That isn't to say I'd want a bunch of flashes in their or anything. Rather, I would've like to see a bit of masking. Personally, I would've masked the faces of various members of The Big 5 into the corners of the parts where it showed their opponents.

Your lip-sync was fairly accurate, but I recommend using more than two frames of lip flaps. That is to say, I usually use an open flap, a half open one, and a closed mouth when I lip sync. That's usually all you need. Now, there are a few more complex guides to lipsyncing in Vegas, but I'll leave that up to you. I'm just giving a general overview.

As for the overall visual quality of the AMV, it was alright. Not horrible, but not the best quality I've ever seen either. Some parts were noticeably blurrier than the rest. Which again, is why I bring up using Zarx2464gui for exports and using either DVDs and/or x264 encoded 480p raws for footage. I noticed the aspect ratio switching up sometimes as well. It's usually best to stick with one aspect ratio, even if that means cutting of the edges to fit in a 4:3 frame.

Overall, not a bad video. Worthy of a 7/10 on my scale

thedarkmessenger
07-26-2012, 12:38 AM
It was difficult to find any source at all for the Noah episodes. I didn't really have room to complain about the quality of the source unless I wanted to pay $200+ :| And as I said, I'm still working on my lip-syncing. As for the aspect ratio switching up, that wasn't supposed to happen :S. Not sure if it's the source or my fault........probably mine.

Haar
07-26-2012, 12:47 AM
It was difficult to find any source at all for the Noah episodes.
I found some pretty good DVDrips of Yugioh a while back. Didn't download every episode, of course, but most of what I saw looked good. It sort of depends on what sites you go to, though.

I didn't really have room to complain about the quality of the source unless I wanted to pay $200+ :|
Yugioh DVDs (http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/oDM6EC8dLcQjBY8hgc/browse/item/61471/4/2880/0) are pretty cheap on RightStuf, actually.

And as I said, I'm still working on my lip-syncing.
Yes, I recall that.

As for the aspect ratio switching up, that wasn't supposed to happen :S. Not sure if it's the source or my fault........probably mine.

That can be solved with "Event Pan/Crop". I'll show you later, if you're interested.

thedarkmessenger
07-26-2012, 12:50 AM
does that store have the COMPLETE third season collection? The Noah episodes can only be found on those disks. I also only found one place to torrent the Noah episodes. The arc I was looking for is hard to find, apparently.

Haar
07-26-2012, 01:00 AM
Not sure if it has the complete collection, but if it doesn't, Amazon probably does.

Or you could just use this (http://kat.ph/yu-gi-oh-high-quality-mkv-dvdrip-season-3-complete-t6161018.html).

thedarkmessenger
07-26-2012, 01:01 AM
That's the torrent I used :O. And Amazon does have it....for $200+ :|

N.P.C.C.
07-26-2012, 01:03 AM
I was like "No way...Vince's theme? lol"

Hmm...I'm familiar with that arc of yugioh so i get the general idea here for the record.

- I have to praise the start. LOVE It when people edit with the music like that.

- No subtitles...BIG plus in my book by default.

- I thought the synching at the start and Noah's was decent. It doesn't have to be perfect. Only on point enough to fool the human eye. No one is going to slow it down after all to spot it being off.

- A bit of this felt to me like filler footage and you wanted to get to the "money parts" you really wanted to edit. I think this comes from me not grasping enough of a consistent story here. Granted, knowing this arc i know that would be hella tricky to convey all that properly without trying to dub in actual dialogue with the music. (undermining the synching a bit)

- Quality seemed clean enough to me though it didn't keep a consistent frame size.

Overall, in my honest opinion, it's decent if you care what i think. *Shrugs*

thedarkmessenger
07-26-2012, 01:06 AM
Overall, in my honest opinion, it's decent if you care what i think. *Shrugs*
I care what everybody thinks....to an extent :P. Not too much that I'll die if everyone hates it or anything xP. And I actually think it's "decent" myself. I'll probably re-do it when I get better at this.