Ardious
09-20-2010, 01:09 AM
Here's my first AMV.

Hellsing OVA
Three Days Grace, Break

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvybzIA5vzI

jinzo64
09-20-2010, 01:13 AM
it's cool but it seems a bit long for an amv.

Fishfreeek
09-20-2010, 01:18 AM
most amvs are long actually, you just watch amv hell too much
watch some of the top rated ones on animemusicvideos.org, they're usually awesome ^^

darkzi
09-20-2010, 02:23 AM
wouldnt it just be Hellsing Ultimate instead of OVA

Kajimura
09-20-2010, 02:52 AM
it's cool but it seems a bit long for an amv.

Jinzo, im sure u knew this but AMV stands for "Anime Music Video" usualy they are full songs, amv hell is just a compilation of many short ones

vry nice amv btw

Corpsegoddess
09-21-2010, 01:02 AM
Not bad at all for your first. Some suggestions:

1. Quality. Not sure if it was the tube, but the quality was pretty poor---very pixellated. Learning how to correctly rip dvd's and cleaning up your clips with filters and whatnot is a very good thing for future projects.

2. Random white flashes. You don't need them. If you want to emphasize something in the music or the anime, try something different. I find videos with a lot of white flashing to be distracting - it takes away from the flow of the video, imo.

3. Scene selection. Some of the scenes seemed to match lyrically, while others didn't. Try to be consistent with that.

4. Scene editing. Some parts of this you got really right (like at around the .43 to .48 mark), while other scenes feel like they should have been edited to the beat or feel of the song more.

If you haven't already, check out the guides on animemusicvideos.org. They're a wealth of information and they'll help you improve your editing skills and style quite a bit.

All in all, a great first attempt. Keep practicing and don't be afraid to try something new or stretch out of your comfort zone. You should learn something new with each video you edit. =D

Tazuto
09-21-2010, 01:03 AM
that was pretty sweet, keep going! =D

Kuroyuki Studios
09-21-2010, 02:01 AM
It was pretty good for your first. A lot better than my first amv. Check it out if you want....it is not good at all, but it was made with windows movie maker

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/members_vidpreview.php?v=58310

this was my first amv. it was made like 6 years ago...
anime: love hina
song: family reunion by blink 182

zanemalindeal
09-21-2010, 03:43 AM
Not bad at all for your first. Some suggestions:

1. Quality. Not sure if it was the tube, but the quality was pretty poor---very pixellated. Learning how to correctly rip dvd's and cleaning up your clips with filters and whatnot is a very good thing for future projects.

2. Random white flashes. You don't need them. If you want to emphasize something in the music or the anime, try something different. I find videos with a lot of white flashing to be distracting - it takes away from the flow of the video, imo.

3. Scene selection. Some of the scenes seemed to match lyrically, while others didn't. Try to be consistent with that.

4. Scene editing. Some parts of this you got really right (like at around the .43 to .48 mark), while other scenes feel like they should have been edited to the beat or feel of the song more.

If you haven't already, check out the guides on animemusicvideos.org. They're a wealth of information and they'll help you improve your editing skills and style quite a bit.

All in all, a great first attempt. Keep practicing and don't be afraid to try something new or stretch out of your comfort zone. You should learn something new with each video you edit. =D

Not meaning to bash you corps, but i think you may need to clear your internet cache, because alot of what you describe i didn't even notice and can very much be explained, but internet connection speed or how bogged down your internet cache is.

As for the video. It was amazing for a first, hell of a lot better than mine have ever been. There were a few things that felt like the timing was off, but it was close enough that i feel i understood what you were going for. Liked the explosions, but you may think about reorganizing them a bit. They should be more prominent during the harder/ more harsh parts of the song as opposed to just every where or just at random. So like during the Chorus and intro and exit for instance and then maybe focus on lyrics, either syncing or scene compatibility, for the rest.

Jazean
09-21-2010, 04:50 AM
Congrats on the first video, corpse covered most of standard critic.

I did notice a bit of pixelation, I'm assuming it was due to compression to get it to fit on youtube. Scene selection and editing were quite good for a first video, keep improving and if need be dig into more material to find more accurate scenes.

All in all, very nice.

Doomimus
09-21-2010, 01:56 PM
At 2:20, maybe some better lip sync is in order, assuming the guy onscreen is the one singing. Otherwise, I'd just keep his mouth closed with that creepy grin.

"At night, I feel like a vampire
It's not right, but I just can't give it up."
Perfect. The more you link the scene with the lyrics, the stronger the end result will most likely be. It can be fitting in this case, or it can be ironic as with many AMV Hell/Mini clips.

Ardious
09-21-2010, 05:15 PM
Cool, Thank you all for the comments and suggestions, I'll defiently keep them in mind with any more AMVs that I make.

On a side note, here's an AMV my sister made with the same anime. I think its alot better than mine, and it was her first one too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTzyysrRaXU