OcularAMVs
02-17-2014, 10:45 PM
Hey everyone! So I just recently made a YouTube channel called OcularAMVs and posted my first AMV. It's a Bleach AMV and I'm hoping you guys could guys give me your thoughts. Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1TFq7VzQFY

-OcularAMVs

PrinnyCat
02-18-2014, 02:00 PM
There is an official thread for these things, just so you know. Other than that, this is better than the usual people who post AMVs on here and it turns out to be garbage. You had definite understanding of matching the flow and beat of the song, and managed to use good source material (no subtitles etc). Only flaw I would say is it lacks in some variety in terms of fight scenes etc. But overall, you could be a very promising editor in the future, keep it up!

Sir Fluffykins
02-18-2014, 02:29 PM
For a "My First AMV" this is waaaaaaay better than the usual "hey guyz chek mai first amv" threads we get here.

The source/song combo isn't too common, so points there, you also didn't have blurry scenes with subtitle, so points there. You had a good pace, with the scenes matching nicely with the beat/flow of the song. One thing, when you cut to the Grimjow (sp?) fight a second time, I wondered why you did that.

I understand those 2 fights are considered major events in the series, but it felt stapled on and didn't flow like the rest of the AMV. If that makes sense.

jinzo64
02-18-2014, 02:53 PM
One thing, when you cut to the Grimjow (sp?) fight a second time, I wondered why you did that.
I don't quite understand your comment, it seems like your saying he did that as if this was Ichigos and Grimmgow's second fight which it isn't, The fight in los nachos
is they're third fight.

but this amv is really cool.

thedarkmessenger
02-18-2014, 05:40 PM
I don't quite understand your comment, it seems like your saying he did that as if this was Ichigos and Grimmgow's second fight which it isn't, The fight in los nachos
is they're third fight.

I think he's talking about it appearing in the AMV rather than when it appears in the show....

SuperLoliSentai
02-18-2014, 05:46 PM
is they're third fight.

"The fight in los nachos is their third fight."

As for the AMV... why is it always Bleach for people's first amvs? The music I wasn't a huge fan of but at least it wasn't Linkin Park and the quality didn't sound that bad. Also, there were no subtitles, the timings were generally pretty good and I can tell you put some effort and time into editing it, so good job overall.

Guthix
02-19-2014, 12:45 PM
Hey everyone! So I just recently made a YouTube channel called OcularAMVs and posted my first AMV. It's a bleach AMV and I'm hoping you guys could guys give me your thoughts. Thanks!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1TFq7VzQFY

that one is rather confusing, it feels like a random fighting sequence with music slaped on but it had quite alot of theme and sync for it to be coincidence.
while im not sure if the overall idea of the amv is good you need to go a lil deeper into the lyrics and overall look.
for starters ichigo fights grimjow and the emo guy with random scenes [on top of that in his evil form] it would be more constructive to make a flow. like grim, then emo, then emo with evil form. or better yet use a single foe.
next, lyrics sync ill just spit a few ideas
"hearts broke, i wana like i know im dying" ichigo was literraly pieced to a near death expierience which should fit these lyrics, even if i know that happened, the viewer does not understand just from seeing the tranformation itself.
" wait just about to break" ichigos mask breaks, in sense its a sign of tensity since its his time limited power boost, you actualy used a mask breaking scene few seconds before the words
"there is a war going inside of me" oh come on, one of the bigest mind****s is ichigos inner evil self, they fight like stupid, he never goes away, you could practicaly focus the whole song on ichigos strugle against himself.
thers quite alot of unesasery action, amvs arent all about fighting, if it helps stick everything togeather you can use the mushy parts too.
hate this stupid song
like the ending.

OcularAMVs
03-22-2014, 05:34 PM
that one is rather confusing, it feels like a random fighting sequence with music slaped on but it had quite alot of theme and sync for it to be coincidence.
while im not sure if the overall idea of the amv is good you need to go a lil deeper into the lyrics and overall look.
for starters ichigo fights grimjow and the emo guy with random scenes [on top of that in his evil form] it would be more constructive to make a flow. like grim, then emo, then emo with evil form. or better yet use a single foe.
next, lyrics sync ill just spit a few ideas
"hearts broke, i wana like i know im dying" ichigo was literraly pieced to a near death expierience which should fit these lyrics, even if i know that happened, the viewer does not understand just from seeing the tranformation itself.
" wait just about to break" ichigos mask breaks, in sense its a sign of tensity since its his time limited power boost, you actualy used a mask breaking scene few seconds before the words
"there is a war going inside of me" oh come on, one of the bigest mind****s is ichigos inner evil self, they fight like stupid, he never goes away, you could practicaly focus the whole song on ichigos strugle against himself.
thers quite alot of unesasery action, amvs arent all about fighting, if it helps stick everything togeather you can use the mushy parts too.
hate this stupid song
like the ending.
The AMV was to focus on the struggle of Ichigo when fighting Grimmjow and Ulquiorra but still able to triumph after getting wrecked. I tried to use the song to incorporate the emotions and adversity Ichigo felt. Good suggestions for the lyrics part and I just started but thanks a lot.