robots100
05-01-2014, 11:55 PM
New here, sort of a born-again AMV maker in the sense that I enjoyed producing shoddy AMVs in middle school using WMM. So while I'm not entirely new to the editing process I'm still trying to find my footing. I'm using Lightworks as a video editing program (tried Vegas but my laptop is slowly kicking the bucket and can't handle it, esp. playback) and I'm currently navigating my way through it's features so any help with this particular program would be appreciated. I'm also aware of some of the syncing being a bit off, it's a combination of me failing to trim clips properly and video playback. Any suggestions for improving my editing would be awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_Glhx84gYs

N.P.C.C.
05-02-2014, 01:25 AM
First, you should post things like this in the self promotion thread...

Now, you have some grasp of the concept of the general quality of your clips - which is good, but you have to now focus on polishing your work up. You may have noted beforehand that your synching was off and some instances, but it's still a big problem.

If your editor is lagging due to bad computer performance, i was told you can easily combat it using this trick.

- Make a low quality version of your video sources and store it in one folder.

- Edit with that

- When done, turn the editor off and replace the files with the high quality ones in the same folder (make sure they all had the same name as the twin)

- There

As for the videos themselves, i wasn't terribly impressed or amused. A couple of the ideas were interesting, but execution was sub par in general sadly. You need to watch at for unwanted split second frames of footage in your AMV and have a sense of consistency when trying to tell a story. (Don't have a character teleporting randomly to places when they are just talking) One last thing, watch your audio balancing.