Shibbidah
02-01-2011, 06:31 AM
There are no words. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=j2a_HkdowaY)

AKALink
02-01-2011, 06:45 AM
seconded. What a load of c*** they're putting out.

Kira2521
02-01-2011, 11:09 AM
Oh dear god it burns!!!!

Pain
02-01-2011, 11:52 AM
hmm whats so bad?

Havent watched the anime

nipple
02-01-2011, 12:09 PM
Aren't all the dubs that horrible?

ThePsychoGamer
02-01-2011, 01:27 PM
Aren't all the dubs that horrible?

Funimation generally releases good dubs, the one for Beck was even better then the Japanese vioces.

any ways as long as there's still the japanese vioce tracks there really isn't an issue. (also I though the vioces did match )

Fishfreeek
02-01-2011, 01:30 PM
there are no dubs better than subs, anyone who says there is is just a figment of my imagination trying to kill my ears

Ranma
02-01-2011, 01:56 PM
there are no dubs better than subs, anyone who says there is is just a figment of my imagination trying to kill my ears

thats where your wrong - there are a few dubs better then subs... not too many.. but they exist couple i can think of off the top of my head (that i seen)

Ghost Stories, Goldenboy, Sasami Magical Girls Club, DragonHalf, Scrapped Princess, and Princess Nine (I liked both equally as good)

As for the K-on Dub, I heard it was much worse before and Bandai is "Saving it" - too me this doesn't Sound Terrible... as I've heard Much worse for dubs... and this sounds at least decent.... but that might just be me.... I'm more disappointing at the disc by disc release instead of a box set....

Kaiju
02-01-2011, 02:59 PM

You sir have never seen the best dub ever then...I am of course referring to Cowboy Beebop.

darkzi
02-01-2011, 03:36 PM
I would still buy it so I can make amvhell clips in high quality without that watermark on the top corner

nipple
02-01-2011, 04:06 PM
You sir have never seen the best dub ever then...I am of course referring to Cowboy Beebop.

Are you saying it's better than the original one, sir?

Chewi105
02-01-2011, 06:18 PM
-_- well, dubs give asshole who dont know anime a good stereotype to make fun of....

animemental1
02-01-2011, 06:26 PM
I can't believe I'm saying this, but...I actually prefer Animax's dub over this.

LOLWTFBBQ
02-01-2011, 06:29 PM
I enjoy dubs always much more than subs. original Japanese voices are high-pitched and fail to transfer emotion properly. take Hellsing for instance. Alucards voice is pathetic in Japanese. but with the English dubs you get Crispin Freeman and his amazing deep voice!

and think about Highschool of the dead, Khota has a pimply sad voice like the kid is 10, and Siako has a voice of a woman in her late 30s FFS!

Johny Yong Bosch, Wendy Lee, the list goes on and on of excelent voice actors for dubbed anime. these guys are trained and know how to present the voice the character will use.

I know alot of people hate bleach, but look at the cast of voices in the dub. one of the best I have ever heard and each bring out the characters emotions much better than the Japanese voices do.

only the early dubs for anime (evangelion for instance) have pathetic dubs because it was a baby industry at that time.

Clannad still has the most realistic dub IMO. not actualy proffesional sounding, but far more realistic, like the people REALLy exist.

I dispise k-on, and the dubs do sound pathetic though. I prefur this dub much better: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivYTc1ZcVdU XD

Chillpalazzo
02-01-2011, 06:32 PM
You all should try Spanish dubs O.o I have never heard Naota's voice so deep before.

If you watch the very end parts of Excel Saga, the parts where she talks as fast as she can while talking about the next episode, in Spanish, you're mind will be blown.

Edit: Try it yourself. Go to the very end of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWy6Y1Z6R5A&feature=related

Jazean
02-01-2011, 06:44 PM
The only dub I truly enjoyed was Tears to Tiara and that was only because I wasn't expecting accents. I got blindsided by accents.

But back on subject, BAD BANDAI, you should know better then that.

humnut
02-01-2011, 06:53 PM
Well, I try to give each dub a fighting chance. However, all the anime I watch now a days tends too be new in japan, so I don't have to deal with the option of English anyways.

And for anyone who hates english dubs may I refer you to the Ocean Dub of DBZ, without which we would never have OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!

mattroks101
02-01-2011, 06:55 PM

I disagree. I can't stand subs. I don't speak Japanese so I can't tell one person from another. You really need to know the language someone is speaking in order to tell whether there a good actor or not and I don't. So I alway's stick to dubs because no matter how bad it may sound, I don't have to constantly be looking down at the bottom of the screen pausing the video and reading what they are saying. Until I understand Japanese fluently it's dubs all the way for me.

LOLWTFBBQ
02-01-2011, 08:03 PM
not only that, but all voices for black people in anime fail when voiced by Japanese. and without dubbing, shows like Black Lagoon wouldnt have nearly enough cussing!

Veran
02-01-2011, 08:18 PM
I dispise k-on, and the dubs do sound pathetic though. I prefur this dub much better: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivYTc1ZcVdU XD

That was disturbing.

Has anyone here ever seen the Italian dub of Sailor Moon? I bet it's on youtube. Can't be bothered to look. It fits really well. (Then again, I have watched way too much Giallo, and the aesthetics are similar.)

XxFabiGBxX
02-01-2011, 10:13 PM
You all should try Spanish dubs O.o I have never heard Naota's voice so deep before.

If you watch the very end parts of Excel Saga, the parts where she talks as fast as she can while talking about the next episode, in Spanish, you're mind will be blown.

Edit: Try it yourself. Go to the very end of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWy6Y1Z6R5A&feature=related

That's Hispanic...

Backmask
02-01-2011, 10:44 PM
Why wast time dubbing ****-On!. Of all the anime they choose to get dubbed, they chose Glee: The Anime.

Kaiju
02-02-2011, 12:24 AM
Are you saying it's better than the original one, sir?

I believe it is. As do a few of my peers, Its my personal opinion though.

humnut
02-02-2011, 12:59 AM
Why wast time dubbing ****-On!. Of all the anime they choose to get dubbed, they chose Glee: The Anime.

That was uncalled for. . . OKAY, maybe it is Glee, but I like Glee, well, I liked the first season before it got all gay, and I like K-ON.

LOLWTFBBQ
02-02-2011, 05:52 AM

yeah that sums up my feelings pretty much :party:

humnut
02-02-2011, 11:58 AM
I guess haters are just gonna hate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoCawR9On38

animemental1
02-02-2011, 01:33 PM
^ This.

LOLWTFBBQ
02-02-2011, 08:02 PM
so in essence your saying you are a fat kid strutting his stuff?

Zuiichi
02-02-2011, 08:59 PM
Bah each on has its ups and downs. Like bludgeoning angel dokuro chan's dub is pretty good along with ouran and beck but i'm scared to see what voice they come up with sayonara sensei's voice................honestly can't imagine him in english but i still want to hear it.

Veran
02-02-2011, 09:16 PM
But how would they dub the Zetsubou guy? The entire series is a long line of puns. Puns don't usually translate well.

I'd think it lies in the eyes upstairs.

Ever heard of the mink farm that shrank and shrank until it disappeared?

Leef
02-02-2011, 09:19 PM
shin chan

Zuiichi
02-02-2011, 09:31 PM
Ain't it kind of contradictory for a group of people to say they don't like english dubs, but then turn around and make AMV's out of them?

Backmask
02-02-2011, 10:24 PM
Ain't it kind of contradictory for a group of people to say they don't like english dubs, but then turn around and make AMV's out of them?

No, that isn't contradictory at all. Not to mention that if you were to download the English dub, you wouldn't have to worry about subtitles.

sakurafan1994
02-03-2011, 12:05 AM
Meh the dub sounds ok to me, i'll still prefer the Japanese with subs, but I wouldn't mind watching the dub if I'm too tired to read subs.

XxFabiGBxX
02-03-2011, 01:34 AM
I prefer Dubs instead Subs, cos most of time you don't pay attention at the scenes...

but, of course, must be a good Dub.

Backmask
02-03-2011, 01:37 AM
Cromartie High School has the best dub.

humnut
02-03-2011, 04:07 AM
Hmm, I just get dual audio mkv. files, so I can watch the anime with subs and turn around and make amvs with them after converting the files and taking the subs off.

RBRat3
02-03-2011, 04:28 AM
Well I dont see why people bite the bullet and just watch it subbed or learn the language then watch it raw. If your into a certain media dont wait for for it to get dubbed, not every anime gets a US rights & distributor and its sad. If you take the time to watch it subbed you get pretty use to it, Theres a learning curve to it and a nice way to brush up on your speed reading skills. As for Dub quality goes its simple "time=money=quality", Bandai's probably dubbing many other odds and ends so they want to pump out a dub as fast as they can to keep sound booths open to other works. It goes with the workload and in most cases dubs are extremely time constrained, what that does is cut audition time and you get sub par voice actors then your editing time goes down the ****ter without perfecting the audio. I view dubs as a courtesy to get viewers involved in the media and is never meant to be a work of art to the ears, dubs allow larger distribution which in turn gives profit to the company to acquire more licenses and lets the intoduction to anime alot easier to newbies. If you been in the anime game for a long time you should already be watching them subbed.

e1fen1ied
02-03-2011, 04:33 AM
T_T wow i HATE english dub so much now this is worse than Black Star's english voice

is it alright to kill myself

Bakagami
02-03-2011, 05:38 AM
T_T wow i HATE english dub so much now this is worse than Black Star's english voice

is it alright to kill myself

Brittany Kabrowski >.> She strikes again.

humnut
02-03-2011, 07:36 AM
Ah that bitch. Well it could be worse, we could all watch a Mermaid Melody fan dub.

SquintyMccheese
02-03-2011, 11:49 AM
Ugh. god no.

vejtornado
02-03-2011, 01:22 PM
is rather dissapointed at hearing this. *goes to fetch his drill* I shall pierce the person who decided to dub this

LOLWTFBBQ
02-03-2011, 06:02 PM
Brittany is a skilled voice actor, she works hard for her roles and does them pretty damn good, just because she voices males does not make her a bitch or a fail. she shows her skill that fits the personality to perfection.

do I wish a character like Black Star had a more masculine voice actor? sure. but that doesnt mean Brittany sucks in any way.

IMO English voice actors put more feeling and soul into their roles than the Japanese by far

Backmask
02-03-2011, 10:46 PM
It is hard to judge foriegn voice actors because we do not use that language on an everyday basis, so, for all we know, the voice actor for a character could be horrible in Foriegn County, but amazing in Waiting Each Week for New Subbed Torrent-ville. K-On!'s English dub is an example. When we listen to it, we hear "I-GUESS-I-SHULD-LEERN-MOAR-BEEFOR-I-YOUS-AN-AMP." In Japan, they hear "IgesIshoud lernmorbe forI use anamp." This works vice versa, when we here "What was that for?" in Japanese, we here something like "Wanida tano ka?," but in Japan, they hear "Wa nanidatta no ka?"

mattroks101
02-03-2011, 10:54 PM
I'm still sticking with dubs over subs, English is just the language I prefer.

XelaisPWN
02-03-2011, 10:57 PM
Backmask is spot on. We have no idea, we have no frame of reference, what we're used to and is normal to us is totally different to what they are.

Regardless of how much anime you watch it's next to impossible to accurately judge a japanese voice actor without a VERY deep understanding of the language and its culture. One might say anime could provide that, but I'm talking real life experience, like, say, living in Japan for a few years and getting to know the culture ferrealz.

mattroks101
02-03-2011, 11:00 PM
Backmask is spot on. We have no idea, we have no frame of reference, what we're used to and is normal to us is totally different to what they are.

Regardless of how much anime you watch it's next to impossible to accurately judge a japanese voice actor without a VERY deep understanding of the language and its culture. One might say anime could provide that, but I'm talking real life experience, like, say, living in Japan for a few years and getting to know the culture ferrealz.

Agreed.

Veran
02-03-2011, 11:11 PM
You may not hear the accents, but you ought to be able to sense the feeling. Some dubs fail because they don't have the feeling, for whatever reason. The voices just drone something read straight off the script.

Used to be common in those fight-shows. Everybody either shouted or hissed. I can't get myself to watch these fight shows - for other reasons. Every fight seems to last four episodes.

I seem to recall Yu-gi-oh to have a rather nasty dub. It was also a nasty show. And it all came together so nicely to make something unintentionally hilarious. About something that's basically Poker, but with monsters.

XelaisPWN
02-03-2011, 11:12 PM
Don't get me wrong, I still prefer subs. I'm saying that you can't really judge English voice actors vs. Japanese ones unless you have a deep understanding of both languages & cultures.

Zuiichi
02-03-2011, 11:47 PM
I can't get myself to watch these fight shows - for other reasons. Every fight seems to last four episodes.

Depends on the show (DBZ yes Kenichi no)

darkzi
02-04-2011, 02:29 AM
but it mostly comes down to how you seen the anime first; like my friend doesnt like the gurren lagann sub version but I do; at the same time he saw it dubbed first and I saw it subbed first..and the examples go like that for all the anime I've seen..so if you seen an entire series subbed then watch it dubbed then ofcourse the voices are ehh cause you are so use to them with the other voices; its like watching an movie on dvd then watching it on tv and go ' they cut the good stuff out'

XelaisPWN
02-04-2011, 02:05 PM
That really depends on the anime. Hell, it depends on the person.

I saw the Haruhi dub before the subs, and I have no problem watching it subbed. It wasn't a bad dub by any stretch (Kyon's english VA cracks me up xD), but, unless I'm showing it to a friend, I usually watch it subbed since the first time I watched it. It boils down to personal preference.

I'm not going to pretend that how you saw it originally doesn't color your perspective. When I read the light novels now everyone has their english voices in my head. @_@

But it's not an absolute. Just because one orginally saw it in one language doesn't mean they can't enjoy the other.

animemental1
02-04-2011, 02:58 PM
I generally prefer dubs. They enhance the humor, plus they also tend to bring out more character in the character's voice.

Dblitzer
02-04-2011, 03:06 PM
While not impressive, there really isn't enough in this for me to properly judge the quality of the dub, i think there is a bit of overreaction in this thread to what has to be less than a minute of actual dialogue (people acting irrationally and getting in to the tired old debate about dub vs sub in a thread about a dub preview?, couldn't of seen that coming)

Fishfreeek
02-04-2011, 05:37 PM
you obviously havent been to amvhell before, this happens in almost every thread XD

and I still like subs more bitches XP

XelaisPWN
02-04-2011, 06:29 PM
...Okay, am I the only one who sees this and, at a glance, thinks it says "Bambi, I am disappoint?" Like, as in flamingbambi? xD

Fishfreeek
02-04-2011, 09:24 PM
yes you are

XelaisPWN
02-04-2011, 09:51 PM
While not impressive, there really isn't enough in this for me to properly judge the quality of the dub, i think there is a bit of overreaction in this thread to what has to be less than a minute of actual dialogue (people acting irrationally and getting in to the tired old debate about dub vs sub in a thread about a dub preview?, couldn't of seen that coming)

A very good point. I need to hear Mugi's voice before I can judge it >.>

Backmask
02-04-2011, 10:18 PM
Mark Hamill will voice Mugi. U mad?

XelaisPWN
02-04-2011, 10:21 PM
....is it wrong that I'd actually LIKE to see that? For the lulz? xD

Backmask
02-04-2011, 10:24 PM
Keith David will voice Mugi. Is your body ready for this, Xela?

XelaisPWN
02-04-2011, 10:30 PM
...you... you spelled my name right. o.o

Backmask
02-04-2011, 10:31 PM
...so I did...