thedarkmessenger
05-17-2011, 05:22 PM
Just made and successfully uploaded my first AMV ^_^.
Here's linkie:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apc4YI0T49E

I'm also gonna upload it to animemusicvideos.org and to the video directory here. I'll post the link to the download when I get it done. In the meantime: tell me how I did!. Constructive criticism is always welcome.

flamingbambi
05-17-2011, 05:25 PM
Nice job. The music suited the clips nicely.

The only thing I noticed that seemed a little odd was the characters talking during the singing - I wasn't sure if they were meant to be lip synching or not.

Other than that, nice job *thumbs up* Great for a first AMV.

bloodlover1987
05-17-2011, 05:28 PM
nice never seen the anime but it went so well with he flow of the action

Guthix
05-17-2011, 05:28 PM
me gutsa.could use slitly more volume for biger affect

EvilestDeath
05-17-2011, 05:40 PM
This is a generic comment reflecting a positive view on the material currently being discussed.

LawRayLiet
05-17-2011, 06:20 PM
It was decent. Not bad for a first attempt.

But here's some tips to improve your AMV creating skills.

1. Use high quality video.

2. If you're going to use scenes from an OP then use creditless version.

3. Try to reduce the amount of scenes where the characters are speaking.

4. Always make sure the video is keeping up with the music. (Video effects are useful in this regard)

5. Be familiar with the video editing software you are using.(I recommend Sony Vegas)

And most of all keep trying. There's no better tool for improvement than practice.

neozectt
05-17-2011, 07:32 PM
That was pretty good. Just keep making them and you will get better in no time. I mean my first AMV was complete and utter crap. I made it in like an hour on windows movie maker. I mean look at it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hz6_OxK0PeY&
Anyways just keep at it. Experiment with different things, and dont give up. Dont let anyone tell you its crap, even if it is crap take pride in it.Thats what I do. But yeah I enjoyed the video.

Guthix
05-17-2011, 07:41 PM
^ if you think thats bad you aint seen mine

thedarkmessenger
05-17-2011, 08:03 PM
It was decent. Not bad for a first attempt.

But here's some tips to improve your AMV creating skills.

1. Use high quality video.
I did O_o Part of the problem with the quality is I had to render it in WMM since Sony Vegas kept giving me terrible audio quality, no matter what settings I changed >_>

2. If you're going to use scenes from an OP then use creditless version.
couldn't find one :S

3. Try to reduce the amount of scenes where the characters are speaking.
There used to be more :P

4. Always make sure the video is keeping up with the music. (Video effects are useful in this regard)
I did my best. I had to render the video in Sony Vegas, then render the audio and completed video together in WMM. I had a hard time figuring out the EXACT place to trim the music clip in WMM.

5. Be familiar with the video editing software you are using.(I recommend Sony Vegas)
I'm getting pretty used to Sony Vegas. Just need to figure out why the sound keeps sucking Dx And yes, I have tried changing various audio settings. I tried other video editors, but they didn't work much better.

And most of all keep trying. There's no better tool for improvement than practice.

I'll keep practing ^_^

MADEVIL
05-17-2011, 08:15 PM
Well done for your first

Zuiichi
05-17-2011, 08:35 PM
my first can't be shown on youtube :P

bloodlover1987
05-17-2011, 09:10 PM
lol why not .....

humnut
05-17-2011, 10:27 PM
Alright If you need the HD, Get the Elysium fansubbed versions, as they are decent quality 720p's. Next you need to get AVS Video converter and convert them into H264 Mp4 files. Trust me this is the best way to get HD videos to work in vegas.

Now for the real critique, It wasn't bad, but I'm not going to say it was very good either. It needed work on the timing, some effects would have been nice as well, seeing as it was that kind of video. It's just that I didn't really get into the amv, the video seemed slow, while the music was fast.

But then again I can't really say much, my first amv was no better. Hell, it took me three years to spit out something half decent like this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xf-K5Ve_6t4

Please take this all in good stride to do better the next time around and so on and so forth. I will be subscribing to you to see how you progress! ;)

Chewi105
05-17-2011, 10:41 PM
do amv hell amvs count? cause the first one i made wasnt too bad (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtQcr5idKos) :I

LawRayLiet
05-17-2011, 10:58 PM
I'll keep practing ^_^

1. Quality: In Sony Vegas render the video as MainConcept AVC/AAC.
Then choose default template and set your own custom settings.

Under "Video" set the frame size to custom.
And whatever the original video is.

Check the source to determine what you want your variable bit rate to be.
3,500,000bps seems to be good for most of my videos.(When they are not HD)

Under "Audio" set your sample rate to 48,000hz and your bit rate to
320,000bps.

These setting work for me in my Sony Vegas.

If it's still not giving you good audio or video quality then something may
be wrong with your source material.

2. Creditless OP: I just did a simple YouTube search and found this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esbNDzXmXEM (easy enough)

BTW I HATE WMV!!!
I judge any clip on animemusicvideos.org in that codec before I even watch it because I know the quality 99% of the time is bad.
It's one of my most hated codecs!

But I hope these settings work for.
If it doesn't then you have something wrong with your Sony Vegas or your codecs. Maybe an old version?

Shibbidah
05-18-2011, 12:18 AM
better than my first AMV (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1STc_Vdkz3Q)

thedarkmessenger
05-18-2011, 12:55 AM
BTW I HATE WMV!!!
I judge any clip on animemusicvideos.org in that codec before I even watch it because I know the quality 99% of the time is bad.
It's one of my most hated codecs!

I hate it too Dx I'll probably convert it to something else before uploading, although that won't help the quality :|

Zuiichi
05-18-2011, 09:33 PM
lol why not .....

Because of YouTube music copyright you dirty bird

bloodlover1987
05-18-2011, 09:42 PM
yeah that is getting a little out of hand on there tho

Zuiichi
05-25-2011, 03:21 PM
Too bad I lost the clip :/