Matt_Colly
10-31-2007, 03:20 AM
yall should check out the "reflections of style" series (so far there are three.)

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/search/quick.php?criteria=reflections+of+style&go=go&thead=yep&actionz=proceed

all can be found on that page (the.org) you have to be a memeber (most of you are) but check them out (my personal favorite is 2...but hey, whatev)

AMVP
10-31-2007, 07:39 PM
Just saw the first one. Pretty impressive. A bit long for my taste, though.

Matt_Colly
10-31-2007, 07:46 PM
Just saw the first one. Pretty impressive. A bit long for my taste, though.

yeah, they only get better from 1. while they are kind of long, the time and effort put in shows. i think they are beautiful.

purplepolecat
10-31-2007, 07:48 PM
I've seen these, they are very impressive. It's interesting to see what top editors are capable of.

Matt_Colly
10-31-2007, 08:00 PM
they are among (probably) the first few amvs i ever saw and sinc ethen i have been striving to be able to achieve that level of detail. cool little series i think for the younger or newer fans of amvs to check out (plus, contrary to popular opinion, it cant be amv hell all the time) ;D

AMVP
10-31-2007, 09:18 PM
Alright, I just finished downloading & watching r.o.s. 1-3. Personally, I thought 2 was the best one (always nice to see Dead Leaves in an AMV), but the other two were good as well. Still, watching these things gives you the impression that there are, like, a million different animes out there.

Matt_Colly
10-31-2007, 09:57 PM
Alright, I just finished downloading & watching r.o.s. 1-3. Personally, I thought 2 was the best one (always nice to see Dead Leaves in an AMV), but the other two were good as well. Still, watching these things gives you the impression that there are, like, a million different animes out there.

the way it went from cutie honey, to dead leaves, to tenjou manga was awsome. i too liked 2 the best, but the beating hearts baby in 3 was exceptional too.

purplepolecat
11-01-2007, 01:29 AM
For similarly impressive "stream of consciousness" editing, check out Nostromo's Magic Pad:
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/members_videoinfo.php?v=147151

Matt_Colly
11-01-2007, 03:13 AM
For similarly impressive "stream of consciousness" editing, check out Nostromo's Magic Pad:

i got that one too, lol. i like it a lot, also JaddziaDax - Something Fishy...genius

AMVP
11-01-2007, 04:03 AM

That video was amazing! It's hard to believe that was all edited footage.

Matt_Colly
11-01-2007, 04:41 AM
AMVP i seem to be ONLY replying to you tonight...are we the only ones posting on this board? i see ???????? is here...c'mon kid, POST UP!

AMVP
11-01-2007, 04:45 AM
That guy with the Death Note avitar was talking to me earlier about German, but otherwise...

You know the sad part? I've got to get started on a paper... TONIGHT!

Matt_Colly
11-01-2007, 05:18 AM
oh, i got about 3 hours worth of finance homework i havent started yet...but hell, whatev

Atasuke
11-01-2007, 05:23 AM
Holy ****, I was namedropped!

AMVP
11-01-2007, 05:46 AM
You know the sad part? I've got to get started on a paper... TONIGHT!

Aaaaand.... DONE!
Whew... that felt good.

Matt_Colly
11-01-2007, 04:40 PM
yeah i just didnt do my homework...oh well, screw corporate finance ;D

jak5255
11-01-2007, 09:16 PM
Love the reflections of style series ;D

And something I find funny, even though it's a little bit off-topic
AMVP wrote that the RoS series where a little bit long for his taste....on the >>AMVHELL<< forum.
That&#39;s ironical, kinda xP

AMVP
11-01-2007, 09:26 PM

And something I find funny, even though it&#39;s a little bit off-topic
AMVP wrote that the RoS series where a little bit long for his taste....on the >>AMVHELL<< forum.

I see your point, but let me explain.
The RoS series seems to strive for artistry over humor, and the various segments can last for minutes. Meanwhile, AMV Hell is directly focused on comedy, and each video is usually just a few seconds. While the RoS videos are undeniably great, AMV Hell has more longevity, I feel.

Matt_Colly
11-01-2007, 09:55 PM

The RoS series seems to strive for artistry over humor, and the various segments can last for minutes. Meanwhile, AMV Hell is directly focused on comedy, and each video is usually just a few seconds. While the RoS videos are undeniably great, AMV Hell has more longevity, I feel.

amv hell seems to sit well with the ADD generation, not that i am saying you are one of the AMVP, i am speaking in general. I think that is why i liked azumanga so much (i know, unrealted, so sue me) but i found that the series stays fresh because you aren&#39;t having plot points shoved down your throat. AMV hell is an apple, RoS series is an orange. they are both great, you can eat them, comparison ends there (for me anyway)

jak5255
11-01-2007, 10:54 PM

amv hell seems to sit well with the ADD generation, not that i am saying you are one of the AMVP, i am speaking in general. I think that is why i liked azumanga so much (i know, unrealted, so sue me) but i found that the series stays fresh because you aren&#39;t having plot points shoved down your throat. AMV hell is an apple, RoS series is an orange. they are both great, you can eat them, comparison ends there (for me anyway)

What he said^^

to AMVP: Of course, I could&#39;ve given it more thought. (in fact I agree 100% with what you&#39;re saying, I just like pointing out things like that xP)

Matt_Colly
11-02-2007, 12:21 AM
i got a few ideas from some RoS for Hell 5 (Matt_Colly continues to keep his fingers crossed)!

jak5255
11-03-2007, 12:51 PM
I&#39;m just wondering, the anime right before dead leaves(the one with "rock star" playing in the background).
What&#39;s the name of it and the one with a girl using only golden weapons?
That would be RoS 2.

AMVP
11-03-2007, 09:30 PM
The one before Dead Leaves was Re: Cutey Honey. As for the girl with the golden weapons, I believe that was Earth Girl Arjuna, if I&#39;m not mistaken (I&#39;m going by the end credits).

jak5255
11-03-2007, 09:40 PM
The one before Dead Leaves was Re: Cutey Honey. As for the girl with the golden weapons, I believe that was Earth Girl Arjuna, if I&#39;m not mistaken (I&#39;m going by the end credits).

End credits.....ofcourse
I&#39;ll get a sheet of paper and write "I&#39;m stupid" 1000 times right now

AMVP
11-03-2007, 09:55 PM

End credits.....ofcourse

Nah, don&#39;t fret Jak. I still don&#39;t get why there&#39;s a sticky post for amv hell tracks and titles (the credits are on the freakin&#39; site!)

jak5255
11-03-2007, 10:57 PM

End credits.....ofcourse

Nah, don&#39;t fret Jak. I still don&#39;t get why there&#39;s a sticky post for amv hell tracks and titles (the credits are on the freakin&#39; site!)

Yea, but it&#39;s still kind of weird, I&#39;ve watched the vid twice today and saw the credits twice and still didn&#39;t check them. xP I&#39;m really out of it today.

Spider0042
11-04-2007, 03:48 AM
I still don&#39;t get why there&#39;s a sticky post for amv hell tracks and titles (the credits are on the freakin&#39; site!)

Well, I almost completely agree with this, but there are a few reasons:

No times are given (which is understandable). Thus, you have to recognize the clips (anime/songs) before the one you are looking for, or watch the whole thing and hope you counted correctly. If you are new to all the anime, this absolutely sucks.
If you forget which AMV Hell Project the clip is in. Or only vaguely remember it (or don&#39;t posses a copy).
Big one: Helps prevent/collect random/one_time, &#39;need help with identification&#39; threads. (Yes, even with credits, people will still end up asking.. for both reasonable requests as well as the uninitiated/lazy.)
Not a good reason on its own, but it&#39;s also a convenient place to bring attention to possible errors.

For theses reasons, it might be much faster to ask.
Now, if nobody wants/happens to answer the person, then too bad. ;D The individual should try again on his/her own. Then if still unsuccessful, wait a bit before asking again. (Chances are high that everyone read it, and either nobody knows or nobody cares. >:()

I&#39;m posting, not to defend bad habits, and not to &#39;argue&#39;, but to help expose some of the &#39;less obvious&#39; reasons. (These reasons are often a bit more obvious when such a thread does not exist :P).

Yea, but it&#39;s still kind of weird, I&#39;ve watched the vid twice today and saw the credits twice and still didn&#39;t check them. xP I&#39;m really out of it today.

Exactly.. if you happen to be &#39;out of it&#39; or simply missed something (I&#39;ve done it before), and if you end up making a post before you realize.. it wouldn&#39;t require creating a new thread. ;) So yeah, don&#39;t sweat it (don&#39;t worry).

Oh.. and I bookmarked this and will be back to check out RoS in the future. ^_^

Matt_Colly
11-04-2007, 06:09 AM

i think you&#39;ll enjoy it ;D

jak5255
11-04-2007, 10:29 AM

i think you&#39;ll enjoy it ;D

What he said ^^ ;D

AMVP
11-04-2007, 07:22 PM
I still don&#39;t get why there&#39;s a sticky post for amv hell tracks and titles (the credits are on the freakin&#39; site!)

Well, I almost completely agree with this, but there are a few reasons:

No times are given (which is understandable). Thus, you have to recognize the clips (anime/songs) before the one you are looking for, or watch the whole thing and hope you counted correctly. If you are new to all the anime, this absolutely sucks.
If you forget which AMV Hell Project the clip is in. Or only vaguely remember it (or don&#39;t posses a copy).
Big one: Helps prevent/collect random/one_time, &#39;need help with identification&#39; threads. (Yes, even with credits, people will still end up asking.. for both reasonable requests as well as the uninitiated/lazy.)
Not a good reason on its own, but it&#39;s also a convenient place to bring attention to possible errors.

For theses reasons, it might be much faster to ask.
Now, if nobody wants/happens to answer the person, then too bad. ;D The individual should try again on his/her own. Then if still unsuccessful, wait a bit before asking again. (Chances are high that everyone read it, and either nobody knows or nobody cares. >:()

I&#39;m posting, not to defend bad habits, and not to &#39;argue&#39;, but to help expose some of the &#39;less obvious&#39; reasons. (These reasons are often a bit more obvious when such a thread does not exist :P).

Exactly.. if you happen to be &#39;out of it&#39; or simply missed something (I&#39;ve done it before), and if you end up making a post before you realize.. it wouldn&#39;t require creating a new thread. ;) So yeah, don&#39;t sweat it (don&#39;t worry).

A very well organized argument. I have seen the errors of my ways.

Also, given that I have in the past posted on the very topic that I was condemning, I&#39;d like to publicly apologize for any hipocracy on my part (I also apologize if I spelled "hipocracy" wrong).

Matt_Colly
11-05-2007, 03:24 AM
so now that we got our "my bad&#39;s" out, anyone have any other cool, RoS-esq series of amv&#39;s to watch?