Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AMV Minis 05

Default AMV Minis 05

AMV Minis episode 05 is out! And the entry submission form has been re-opened!

Credits (in order of appearance)

Creator: Absolute_Apocalypse
    Anime: Evangelion
    Audio: Lonely Island - Like A Boss

Creator: CelticFoxx
    Anime: Utawarerumono
    Audio: Family Guy sound clip

Creator: Threvlin
    Anime: Ghost in the Shell
    Audio: "Weird Al" Yankovic - Virus Alert

Creator: Rebbie
    Audio: Futurama sound clip

Creator: Tank
    Anime: Naruto Shippuden
    Audio: The Producers - Keep it Gay

Creator: FORDboy357
    Anime: Fist of the North Star
    Audio: Hillbilly Ninja sound clip, South Park sound clip

Creator: Raster88
    Anime: Naruto Shippuden
    Audio: Alice in Wonderland - Painting the Roses Red

Creator: Rebbie
    Audio: Futurama sound clip

Creator: NegiTraudt
    Anime: Code Geass
    Audio: Family Guy sound clip

Creator: Austin Marck
    Anime: Hayate No Gotoku
    Audio: The Mighty boosh - Old Gregg

Creator: Tazuto
    Anime: PetoPeto-san
    Audio: LMFAO - Im in h-town trick

Creator: scarmullet
    Anime: Chobits
    Audio: Jon Etheridge - Prostitute Mickey 2

Creator: Humnut
    Anime: Kodomo no Jikan
    Audio: Venture Brothers sound clip

Creator: scarmullet
    Audio: The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog sound clip

I liked the first clip of this one.

HA, this one was hilarious! Loved the Hayate no Gotoku clip and the Utawarerumono clip. Very funny. Oh, and kudos for the Fist of the North Star clip as well.

HAHA! Awesome! the best one yet!
    Anime's have the best emo characters.

Myanimelist: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/whyilovetehanime

hmm, i don't know if its cause i got rejected that i just don't seem to enjoy these or if they are just not as good as the first 3. this one was again unfunny to me...i don't know if it's just the compilation or the order - not saying there bad clips....but i think the minis have been going down hill and seems theres no hope when unfunny clips get make the majority of a mini. oh well i'll probably still attempt to get something accepted but when i see what does get in and mine did get rejected..it seems funny clips don't matter anymore.

An absolute cracker this time round, I can safely say - pretty much every one was a genuine hit. The only clip to sound an off-note was the Fist of the North Star one, but many of the others were genuinely inventive with good effects, too.
    Last edited by kapparomeo; 01-17-2010 at 03:59 AM.
    There was a young clerk who disagreed sharply with one of Curzon's memoranda. He thought it was balls. But he was afraid to say so directly, so he scratched faintly in the margin, "Round Objects". Lord Curzon replied in a note: "Who is Mr. Round, and why does he object?"
    -Sir Alan Lascelles

Highlights for me:
    "Like a Boss"
    "Painting the Roses Red"
    "How much nakeder...?"

Otherwise, I think the series seriously needs work. I hope now that the submission form has been re-opened that more and better clips will come in.
    "A film as rich as a sauce bearnaise, as refreshing as a raspberry sorbet, and a lot less predictable than the damn food metaphors and adjectives all us critics will churn out to describe it."
    -David Ansen on "Ratatouille"

it was better than the last one at least.. but there was that feeling that something was missing. -__-

otherwise, yay i got my clip in... just wish i made the audio a bit higher... but it got also into the into : D and the red did not do a glare like the one on my comp did, just wish again i could have made the colors darker and made the cup a actual tea thing... but oh well i whats done is done. (i have no freinds TT___TT)

ho and hooray for the futurama scientist clip and the like a boss : D epic! and the virus alert! hitler, hahaha!
    but i did not find fist of the north star too good, or the prostitute mickey clip.

i thought everything in that episode was HILARIOUS, the family guy clip, the micky and goofy clip it was just so great! xD also i like my clip (naked twister)

I live for anime, games, and justice
    I am a gamer, decent at making amv hell clips, good problem solver, and very good listener.

This is my AMV JIGOKU NO YO(like hell) video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6lvMd3ZlKc

And I thank the beautiful, smart, and awesome Sommer for bringing me into the great world of AMV HELL, thank you Momo, i <3 you dearly.

I think this is my favorite mini so far, I really enjoyed the Like a Boss, Sonic Says, and Painting the Roses red. I enjoyed them all a lot, and I promise that my next clip will be an improvement over the GitS one so yay! Though I'm glad people seem to be liking it.

What a pleasant surprise to find. I'll hopefully submit my next video tomorrow.
    gl hf kk!

sweeeettttt

Quote Originally Posted by Ranma View Post
    hmm, i don't know if its cause i got rejected that i just don't seem to enjoy these or if they are just not as good as the first 3. this one was again unfunny to me...i don't know if it's just the compilation or the order - not saying there bad clips....but i think the minis have been going down hill and seems theres no hope when unfunny clips get make the majority of a mini. oh well i'll probably still attempt to get something accepted but when i see what does get in and mine did get rejected..it seems funny clips don't matter anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarxrax View Post
    Also, making a character lip sync to a funny audio clip does not make a funny video! Your videos should surprise the audience in ways they would not expect.
    I'm getting a little tired of seeing everything with a Family Guy, South Park, or Futurama sound clip. If it really works, then it's good, but otherwise I think it's just like Zarxrax said in the guidelines.

If the comedy is one-sided (only in the audio or only in the video), then there's a problem. There needs to be a connection, like in the Golden Boy/White and Nerdy clip.
    "A film as rich as a sauce bearnaise, as refreshing as a raspberry sorbet, and a lot less predictable than the damn food metaphors and adjectives all us critics will churn out to describe it."
    -David Ansen on "Ratatouille"

Quote Originally Posted by Doomimus View Post
    If the comedy is one-sided (only in the audio or only in the video), then there's a problem. There needs to be a connection, like in the Golden Boy/White and Nerdy clip.
    Great way to put it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast