Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help Tazuto with video conversion on Windows

new update

I have SUPER, CCCP, and VIXY installed. i was able to download the video with Vixy, load/convert it with super, and open it in vegas, but then i remembered zarxs program,(after renderign a clip with vegas i have to run it through zarxgui to make it the right final format) just tried useing it and this pops up

AviSynth Error
    ConvertToYV12: Can only convert from Planar YUV

so what now?

I live for anime, games, and justice
    I am a gamer, decent at making amv hell clips, good problem solver, and very good listener.

This is my AMV JIGOKU NO YO(like hell) video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6lvMd3ZlKc

And I thank the beautiful, smart, and awesome Sommer for bringing me into the great world of AMV HELL, thank you Momo, i <3 you dearly.

That sounds very close to working.

What format did you choose when you exported from Vegas? Sounds like it's in a colorspace that zarxgui's script wasn't expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by http://amvhell.com/showthread.php?t=1404
    The easiest way to get your video into an acceptable format is to:
    -Install AviSynth.
    -Grab Zarx264gui.
    -Export your video from your editing program in a lossless or uncompressed format.
    -Load your video into Zarx264gui, set the quantizer to 18 or less, set audio bitrate to 320, and press Encode.
    It may take up more space but a lossless format like huffyuv is something the zarxgui is expecting based on that description (though maybe it can do other stuff too). I'm not sure about where you can choose the colorspace, but when you export you might want to look for settings or advanced places wher you can set the colorspace. (Or maybe its in the project settings when you create a project, and can be edited later.)

If Vegas is using ffdshow to do the encoding (not sure if it would be), you might also be able to set the colorspace with ffdshow video configuration which can be found under the cccp menu, but I wouldn't mess with that just yet as it might cause troubles, and you will need to remember what you've changed.

For now I'd suggest looking at Vegas' export or project setting, change to export to a lossless or raw/uncompressed format (you probably want huffyuv) and try to see if theres a place you can change the colorspace other wise.

oh, while you're at it, be sure its not interlaced.

EDIT: (also be sure you have the latest version http://amvhell.com/stuff/zarx264gui/ )
    OHHh~ http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guid...arx264gui.html
    Quote Originally Posted by link above
    Zarx264gui only accepts AviSynth scripts. However if you try to load a normal AVI file, Zarx264Gui will automatically generate an avisynth script for you. If your AviSynth script contains audio, it will automatically be loaded as well. If you exported your audio from your editing program as a wav file, you can load it in the second box. You also have the option of loading an MP3 or AAC audio file. In this case, the MP3 or AAC audio will simply be copied instead of re-encoded. Lastly, you want to specify where to save your output MP4 file to.
    If it's generating an avisynth script for you, can you post the text from the .avs file here? or here on pastebin http://pastebin.com/ and post the link here. (You can choose avisynth for syntax highlighting if you want but its not needed)

And possibly, what format your video is in? Maybe findable using mediaplayerclasic that came with CCCP, which can be launched from the CCCP start menu item, and then you can go to view or some equivalent and turn on details or statistics to get the video encoding info. (If it does not play, you may need to tell ffdshow to do huffyuv, but if that's the case don't worry about it for now. could recommend other ways like osd, or tools but no need to sound complicated.) But knowing the format it's in will help determine how to make an avisynth script that will work with your video.

(Ultimately however, exporting from Vegas in a format it likes is probably the easiest, but may require a few tries of exporting a short piece of your video until you can find the right format.)
    Last edited by Spider0042; 05-27-2010 at 02:11 AM. Reason: oohhh, just read about zarx264gui

how i install avisynth?

I am a gamer, decent at making amv hell clips, good problem solver, and very good listener.

And I thank the beautiful, smart, and awesome Sommer for bringing me into the great world of AMV HELL, thank you Momo, i <3 you dearly.

For anyone walking in, advise or alink to a guide on how to use Vegas to export in the proper format for zxgui, or just for an acceptable submit would help. [b]There is also an error being thrown from the zxgui, presumably due to the input colorspace, details are listed above.[b] (Last part is probably just because the render/export from Vegas isn't what is needed.) (Also firefox is being painfully slow and I don't hove much more time to type this up or reboot firefox, please excuse me if there are a few typos etc)

Heh, that was my next question.

Cute gui, the optional config, but more so the .bat are convenient extras.

My guess after testing the gui, is that your .avs file looks something like this.
    Directshowsource("C:\Path_to_file\foo.avi").Conver tToYV12()

So either Directshowsource is not returning a planar colorspace on it's own, or more likely it's because your rendered/exported clip is not planar or is somehow really weird.

First things first:
    • Have you installed the latest version of Avisynth?
    • Have you downloaded the latest version of the gui tool?

If you downloaded and installed/are_using both from the links on this page in the last few days then you should have the latest versions. (If you haven't the links for both are in the 'accepted formats' section on that page.) If you haven't installed/re-installed Avisynth since you fixed the other problems it might be worth re-installing.. it may not help if you've already got it, but it's worth it just in case something is broken. (ie. Maybe try re-installing Avisynth just for kicks and peace of mind?)

- Make sure you can play what comes out of Vegas. Render it and then go to Start and the CCCP program tab and choose Media Player Classic, and open your file with it. (You might also be able to right click on your file and say open with Media Player classic. You could also paste the info from details under the File - > Properties box (second tab?)

- If you have leftover .avs files in the folder with your file that you were trying to convert, you might also delete them just in case they were generated differently/incorrectly by an older version of the zxgui?

Now unless something else is borked, either we need to get the file you feed the gui into the right format/colorspace (good idea), or we write our own .avs script to mangle it until we get it into YV12 and any post preping you might need before passing it off to the gui/x264.exe.

My recommendation is getting Vegas to export/render in the right format as then you won't have the annoyance or complication of changing the avs file for each submitted video, though its really not that inconvenient.

So, to get Vegas doing what it needs to do, you'll want to consult someone that knows vegas, or possibly look through the menus or this older guide for answers to where you might look or could change things so it can work. (Look for the link on Vegas in the 'Exporting Your AMV Ready For Compression' near the bottom of the page)

If you've found the place where you choose the render/output encoding, but you can't find Huffyuv, or you can't tell it to be in the correct colorspace...

To get a Huffyuv encoder you might grab the "pre-built DLL" link (latest version is 2.1.1, NOT the link next to 1.3.1) on this site. Then, extract the files, and right click on the .inf file and choose install. Microsoft will say its not signed but that's ok. Once you have it, close out Vegas or whatever program you are dealing with, and then start it back up, and again, choose to render the file and find the huffyuv option for the encoding. (May require a restart)

In theory if DirectShow can play it (and its not in a really weird colorspace/format) then ConvertToYV12 will probably handle it just fine, and then its up to x264 and the rest of the gui's process. So it doesn't need to be in huffyuv. Also, in theory, if you pick the right render/export settings you may not even need the gui. but its a good thing to make sure the gui is happy with it, also the gui will help the amv hell editors to be sure its the same as the rest.

Note: You may also want to make sure it is in the resolution they want which is listed in the info on the submit page. I'm not sure they'll accept it if its not close to that or matching in the smaller dimension. If the youtube/original_source video wasn't large enough, you're going to have to resize and hope it looks ok. :/

Someone else may want to explain where it is or what they do if they use Vegas. The interesting thing is that the zxgui seems to be ok with most the sample files I've passed it, so it maybe in your encoding, or could also be in your Vegas project settings, which you can probably find some info on how/where you might edit that in that guide listed above. (or due to your original source files) Be sure your settings don't have it as interlaced, as that might cause you problems.

Hopefully it's just that you need avisynth, I'm not sure if that error was thrown from the zxgui or if you actually have Avisynth already. I didn't see the string in the Avisynth wrapper but I didn't look any further.
    Last edited by Spider0042; 05-27-2010 at 08:24 PM.

i think you have too much time on your hands dude O-o *cant possibly read anymore* @-@

but i did find the avisynth download so lemme see if this works
    Last edited by Tazuto; 05-27-2010 at 08:41 PM.

yup, got some downtime between projects, and before settling on what extra stuff to spend time on next. Seemed like a reasonable place to kill some time vegetating and still be psudo-constructive. That, and I haven't been by here in a while. That and it gives me a chance to stay in contact with the state of encoding tools on windows since its been a while.

Any luck? If you've still got problems, you can encode a small piece of some video, a few seconds and upload it to www.sendspace.com or something similar and pm me (or put the link here) so we know what format might be causing problems. That helps us spend less time guessing , and helps determine if the same video is crashing on our machines, or if its just something special about your machine. And maybe help determine what setting in the render/export of Vegas you might need to change.

Where we are currently
    Beyond basic making sense of encoding options/tips I wont be able to guide you through Vegas' menus, as I don't have it, and would rather not go looking for tutorials that you could possibly find yourself. ^_^; That's why if it is just the export settings that are messing zarxgui/avisynth up, that we'll know you need to ask/find someone else that got it to work with Vegas, or you should look through tutorials specific to Vegas. We've at least got it to a point where someone else could chime in if they had time or knew of a tutorial/walkthrough that would help explain it. That way you'll know you have the export format correct. Or it may help to read through the site linked to in Zarxrax's sig.

Basically searching for a guide on how to render/export from Vegas in a lossless format like huffyuv, or how to go from Vegas to x264 and AAC in an mp4 container, whould do the trick.
    or basicaly how to meet this: "I would suggest that you submit your video as a high quality h.264 MP4. Use CRF 18 or lower. Audio should be 320kbit AAC or 320kbit MP3" submit requirement.

Next Steps? Be sure the file you get from rendering in Vegas is OK.
    Though I'll help where I can, but if the Avisynth function is upset about the colorspace, and it's not just your computer, but the clip render format, then it's likely going to be difficult to walk through without doing it myself and then sending you what works to fix your odd video. :/ The key is getting it in the right format and into and out of Directshowsource (Avisynth stuff) in a colorspace or format we can deal with.

It all boils down to : This is what we need...
    That's why I suggest using sendspace to send us a copy of a short video of 5 or 10 seconds (any video really) so we know what we are dealing with and where the problem is.
    It's a lot easier than me taking time to type out how to do the following (and you figuring out how to do the following): --
    Quote Originally Posted by just to separate blabbing you don't need to really read, just know it would take more effort
    You can also use the .Info() avisynth function; OR,when opening your video in media player classic or something where the little red box pops up in the bottom right of your windows toolbar near the time ( opening it up, turning on osd clicking some boxes), and taking a screenshot of either of the videos in those two methods.
    It would kinda help, but having a sample clip would be easiest for both of us and quicker than having you test things and respond back, honestly. We don't need your amv video just a random section of part of it, or the original clip as long as you use a source file in the same way you get and use for your amvhell clips, and render it like you do with what is giving you problems. ) And test it and make sure you get the error before sending it to us.)

Once we know that, if it breaks on our machines, we know the next step. if it doesn't then we need to fix something else, or have you fiddle with the settings some more.
    (Hopefully its not a problem starting with what vixy gave you as an input file >_>)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12