Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Site back online

Default Site back online

We are back online after the recent hacking. And there are some big changes.

It looks like the hacking was just a simple defacement of the site, and probably nothing too malicious has occurred. However, the hacker did apparently obtain the database which contained Usernames, email addresses, and md5 hashed passwords. I believe its possible that the hashed passwords can be decrypted, so I recommend that everyone change their passwords. And if you use the same password on other sites, you should change it there too.

I have upgraded all software to the latest versions, and the site has seen a massive overhaul.
    The first thing that you may notice is that the video directory is now gone. Unfortunately that mod was not very well maintained and the author provided no support for it, so I thought its best to leave it out. There is a new [video] bb code, so you can now easily post videos in your threads, and you can post your videos in the "Other Videos" forum section.

There will also be some changes to the way videos are submitted to AMV Minis. From now on, DropBox will be the recommended service for sending your video files to us. If you sign up to DropBox through this link, you can get an extra 250mb of storage space.

I will also be setting some new forum rules, and making several people moderators. If you are interested in being a moderator, or want to nominate someone else to be a moderator, you can post a reply in this thread to let me know.

And now, this would be an excellent time to let me know about any suggestions that you have for the site!

Awesome! I'm loving the new look to the site.

Also, I'm familiar with forum moderation tools and such so I'd be happy to help out on the site as a mod.
    Last edited by LawRayLiet; 12-31-2011 at 01:16 AM.

greatest xmas present ever
    psn:byakishk
    x-box live: Hero Shinku
    Don't believe in yourself - believe in me! Believe in the Kamina who believes in you!

Many thanks Zarxrax!
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentChaz
    Congratulations, you can splice together footage of Chinese cartoons to ill-fitting music. Try adding a joke to your next clip, please.

*claps

finaly its back up but its so bloody bright

"Be happy"are the words you say, there is no one stronger, no one can replace you.

quick reply is in ^^

would mod if I had the time, but I barely have time nowadays...

Nice to see this site up and running again.

I guess I could mod. Be aware, I'd follow the new rules VERY strictly. I do log in pretty much everyday.

Xbox live gamertag: ArekuRagnarok
    PSN: OverlordRagnarok
    youtube: RyuKnightAlex

I nominate MADEvil as a mod, the guys on almost 24/7 anyways.
    My dA (Warning slightly NSFW) : http://kaijulord.deviantart.com/

i second that. he is on a lot, and he has the most posts out of all of us xD

^thirded. I think he might actually make a better mod than me, although I could mod alongside him :P

i can mod ,like tmd each day , also would look forward deleting some trash [birthdays news questions] from the forums
    as for nomination there was a discusion and alot of ppl wanted madevil to be mod

"Be happy"are the words you say, there is no one stronger, no one can replace you.

I kinda like the new "answered in thread" thing in the chat box . I also find it annoying :| There should be a separate thing for it, and options to change which threads you "track" as well as an option to outright turn it off.

Mad should be a mod. I don't have as much time as I used to or I'd mod.