Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AMV Buddy System Redux

Default AMV Buddy System Redux

Since that was one of the better minis challenges, I'd like to bring it back.

DA RULES:
    • Once you call a challenge, you must post a video within 48 hours or the challenge will reopen.
    • You must post a challenge of your own with your video.
    • Clip may not have appeared in AMV Hell, AMV Hell Minis, or AMV Hell Tennis.
    • Clip must be under 40 seconds.
    • List audio and video source. Links are even better.
    • Jem is outright banned.

DA LIST:
    Challenge Video Source Audio Creator
    Use a song from a stage musical Free! Keep It Gay - The Producers Original Cast Recording SilentChaz
    Use a song from a stage musical Battle Angel Alita Repo! The Genetic Opera Akyho
    Use a Michael Jackson song Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni Smooth Criminal - Michael Jackson thedarkmessenger
    Flying Pantsu! Demon King Daimao Fly Away - Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt OST SilentChaz
    80's Cartoon Theme ??? The Touch - Stan Bush Chewi105
    Use a song that hasn't been in any AMV Hell before Rave Master You're only smoke and mirrors thedarkmessenger
    The greatest hero story the world has ever known Scrapped Princess Holding Out For A Hero - Bonnie Tyler FrustratedRocka
    Use something British Hyouka It's A Mystery - Toyah Matt_Colly
    Cops Hyper Police Bad Boys - Inner Circle thedarkmessenger
    Criminal Activity Dead Leaves Breaking the Law - Judas Priest FrustratedRocka

I'll kick it off. Your first challenge:

USE A SONG FROM A STAGE MUSICAL
    Last edited by FrustratedRocka; Yesterday at 05:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FrustratedRocka View Post
    Once you call a challenge, you must post a video within 24 hours or the challenge will reopen.
    kinda harsh?

I like the idea tho

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsNotMyName_studio View Post
    kinda harsh?

I like the idea tho
    Is it really that unreasonable? Every video I've submitted to the minis has had under six hours of turnaround between "I have a flash of inspiration" and "video is sitting in my dropbox waiting for Zarx to give the go ahead."

but u would have to keep in mind not everyone visits the forums everyday. also, some of us do have lives outside Hell and generally don't have a lot of time. sure i can do skits mostly w/in an hour, but finding that time is hard lol

in general though, I approve of this idea ^^

its kinda like the buddys challenge mixed with amv tennis imo lol

I'm really just trying to keep the challenge from being locked down for too long if someone calls a topic and then doesn't follow through. Would 36 or 48 hours be more reasonable?

I'm really just trying to keep the challenge from being locked down for too long if someone calls a topic and then doesn't follow through. Would 36 or 48 hours be more reasonable?
    probably, yeah. Like hoso said, some of us actually have to deal with IRL responsibilities.

Xbox live gamertag: ArekuRagnarok
    PSN: OverlordRagnarok
    youtube: RyuKnightAlex

While this might be fun for a bit, I don't think this will last long or go anywhere. The AMV Hell Tennis thread struggles at times with getting action and there were a couple other threads trying to get some random community action and they went nowhere.

Interesting idea, Rocka. I’ll play along.

Calling it.

Dammit, I already had a clip oh well time to wait for Chaz to go MIA with this challenge...or you know...complete it and force me to work on a new clip if I was gonna make any clips

Quote Originally Posted by Akyho View Post
    Dammit, I already had a clip oh well time to wait for Chaz to go MIA with this challenge...or you know...complete it and force me to work on a new clip if I was gonna make any clips
    Why didn't you call it before you made the clip? Or are you saying you happened to have one already lying around?

And I don't really see Chaz going MIA, so better get your editing software ready

*edit* UNLESS I CALL IT FIRST. Which I just might depending on my timing and what Chaz's challenge is.

*edit edit* that reminds me, what's the rule on pre-made clips that fit the challenge? Are we limiting those at all in anyway? (imo, we should at least have a restriction of "must not have appeared in any hell before". Probably add that it couldn't have been in the Tennis thread either.)
    Last edited by thedarkmessenger; 07-19-2014 at 04:51 PM. Reason: preventing double posts.

That sounds good. I've also adjusted the time limit and added one more rule for the sake of my sanity.
    Last edited by FrustratedRocka; 07-19-2014 at 05:36 PM.

Jem is outright banned.
    I am… conflicted.

Oh well, it’s too late to un-make my clip. Enjoy:

http://youtu.be/aLBlAqCFU2c

EDIT: Just as a courtesy, and I would encourage the rest of you to do likewise- I’ll provide the audio sauce. “Keep it Gay” which featured on “The Producers” stage musical. Yeah there was a movie adaptation, but for good measure I used the non-movie version. They actually made two separate soundtracks, different recordings too.
    Video sauce is some toon about straight boys doing straight things, “Free!

Next challenge:

USE A SONG FROM A STAGE MUSICAL*

or

USE A MICHAEL JACKSON SONG

*This challenge is open only to Akyho.
    Last edited by SilentChaz; 07-19-2014 at 07:22 PM. Reason: Providing sauces

Well this seems like fun, I might join in if something strikes my fancy and if I can think of a good idea for the next person
    Dood, please don't throw me... http://www.youtube.com/user/WolfandSerpent My youtube :3 http://anilist.co/user/7897 My Anime & Manga list

Quote Originally Posted by SilentChaz View Post
    USE A MICHAEL JACKSON SONG
    I kinda sorta have a couple ideas for this.....but none of them are really any good.

For now I'll hold off on calling this one. I'm gonna wait a day or two and if no one else is interested, then I'll go ahead and take the plunge.

Quote Originally Posted by Some gimp View Post
    Next challenge:

USE A SONG FROM A STAGE MUSICAL*

*This challenge is open only to Akyho.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akyho View Post
    Dammit, I already had a clip
    Open goal here, Akyho.

What are you waiting for?