Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: AMV Minis S2 10

This episode of Minis wasn't bad, but to those bitching Zarxrax has a point.
    Submit better videos, or better yet make your own videos and then see if they make the cut.
    No, the judges are not infallible but they do have to slog through a few miserably bad clips before they get around to accepting ones of at least passable quality. And Jinzo's criteria listed above have been mostly universal among all the productions for a while now.
    So yes complainers, there are going to be clips you don't like/don't understand. Deal with it.
    AMV Hell has been, and always will be, a collaborative effort. And I feel that any contributions to the series, whether they be rejected or not, are always a good thing. So let's not **** all over it okay?

MOTHERFUGGIN' BONGOS!
    YEAH!

Why the runaround link wise to try and download this file? Can'
    t I just click a normal link and get the file without having to download some download manager file that my or may not contain Spyware?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainHDY View Post
    Why the runaround link wise to try and download this file? Can'
    t I just click a normal link and get the file without having to download some download manager file that my or may not contain Spyware?
    Try this one

Unhappy

**DISCLAIMER: Newbie here, so maybe I am talking out my ass.**

I liked most of the clips in this episode. No, most of them didn't make me laugh, but unless that's the exclusive (exclusive == singular purpose, with no other purpose at all) point of the mini's, then I don't see that as a problem. I mean, having spent time rewatching AMV Minis from season 1, there weren't a lot of funny clips there either, but I'd still concede that they were well made and worth being part of the collection. I mean, for god's sake, one of the best clips (in my opinion) from AMV Hell 3 was the Azu Daioh clip with the Frou Frou song, and you can't tell me for one second that that one was received/intended as humorous.

So I'm not sure what to think of the people (trolls?) who are complaining about this episode so much. Maybe your standards are just higher than mine (the interpretation here being that my standards are too low), but it's equally as tempting to think that you're just being elitist/narrow-minded, and while I would wholeheartedly support that sort of mentality in some aspects of life, I'm not sure it belongs here.

i could easily agree

my complaint is that according to zarxs amv minis is primaraly for comedy which even though good and well made a lot of the videos lack the comedy asspect.
    this is a comment he gave me when submit a video that failed to make the cut.
    this what he said
    amv minis is primarly for comedy which this lacks
    Last edited by jinzo64; 03-12-2012 at 04:05 PM.
    lick,lick,lick,nom,nom,nom
    Head Maid of AMV Hell Cafe
    Jinzo64 On Youtube
    Jinzo64 On Vimeo
    Now on Skype Jinzo64.
    psn-sakurasakamoto

What I'm seeing a lot of in this thread:

Though to be perfectly honest, some people were more than a bit out of line with their criticisms.

yes they were.
    everyone is entitled to an opinion as long as it voiced in a sensable and well thought out way.
    lick,lick,lick,nom,nom,nom
    Head Maid of AMV Hell Cafe
    Jinzo64 On Youtube
    Jinzo64 On Vimeo
    Now on Skype Jinzo64.
    psn-sakurasakamoto

Quote Originally Posted by synbad2 View Post
    im still trying to figure out dropbox to get my videos submitted
    It isn't terribly difficult. After you get your dropbox created and the software running on your system
    You open up your Dropbox directory..
    Go to the Public folder and copy the file there.
    After some time the Sub-icon will change from a clock to a checkmark (after uploading, your time will vary depending on your uploading bandwidth)
    After that right-click on the file
    then in the submenu select the dropbox section
    in that branch you should have a option to Copy Public Link.
    Click that and paste it into the section for the lcation of the file in the registration for entry.

“Happiness is not a matter of intensity but of balance, order, rhythm and harmony.”

Thomas Merton

Quote Originally Posted by Zarxrax View Post
    To those complaining about the quality of the entries: AMV Minis can only be as good as the videos that are submitted to it. If you are unsatisfied, then submit better videos.

EvilestDeath: not sure what you mean about the quality of the eva video. End of Eva *IS* widescreen, so whats the problem?
    i thought all the things i submitted were better then a lot of this one =-=
    Time? Time isn't made out of lines, it is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~Caboose

Youtube Page - Speedlemon
    Twitter - Speedlemon
    Xbox Live Gamertag - sp33dl3m0n
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code - 1504-5722-0688
    HIT ME UP

I am seeing a lot of love for my PSG clip ^w^ thankies everyone. But to be honest I dont even think that was my best one, I submitted I think 4 other clips that I personally found funnier then this one and they got rejected (sadface) i think the next AMV Minis should be all the clips rejected from this one just to give a comparison. Maybe what zarx thinks isn't funny actually is
    Time? Time isn't made out of lines, it is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~Caboose

Youtube Page - Speedlemon
    Twitter - Speedlemon
    Xbox Live Gamertag - sp33dl3m0n
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code - 1504-5722-0688
    HIT ME UP

So... is the 2nd season complete?
    I live in a country where there's never money for a bottle of milk, but there's always for a bottle of rum.

I tought it was complete with 9, then 10 showed up.

Apparently it's AMV Hell 666 now -so not sure when Minis will appear again.