Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: AMV Hell 6, and other stuff

Quote Originally Posted by HaarTheDragonlord View Post
    Try Youtube if you need a stock beep sound. I'd recommend using DownloadHelper to download the necessary sound. If all else fails, just Google it.
    Thnx for the advice, although I already have a program for that. Do you know where I can get the sound effect that has a man saying the eff word?

Quote Originally Posted by Antonio Black View Post
    Quick question: I have several different ideas that aren't all animes. So adhering (or not adhering) to the "end of the world" theme, is it possible to submit video game related clips?
    In the past, we've had video game-based skits (for instance, there was a Final Fantasy XI skit in AMV Hell 4) - as long as they're Japanese games, I'd say that they'd be seen with the same spirit as other anime.

In other news, with the clearing of virus infections from my computer, my first AMV Hell 6 skit is away - although it's actually an old one that I've had on file for literally a year! Luckily, in between my current job ending and the close of the submission period, there's one precious unoccupied fortnight in which I can edit, edit, edit new skits.
    There was a young clerk who disagreed sharply with one of Curzon's memoranda. He thought it was balls. But he was afraid to say so directly, so he scratched faintly in the margin, "Round Objects". Lord Curzon replied in a note: "Who is Mr. Round, and why does he object?"
    -Sir Alan Lascelles

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow66 View Post
    Thnx for the advice, although I already have a program for that. Do you know where I can get the sound effect that has a man saying the eff word?
    Again, Youtube or Google, most likely.

I
    Quote Originally Posted by kapparomeo View Post
    In the past, we've had video game-based skits (for instance, there was a Final Fantasy XI skit in AMV Hell 4) - as long as they're Japanese games, I'd say that they'd be seen with the same spirit as other anime.

In other news, with the clearing of virus infections from my computer, my first AMV Hell 6 skit is away - although it's actually an old one that I've had on file for literally a year! Luckily, in between my current job ending and the close of the submission period, there's one precious unoccupied fortnight in which I can edit, edit, edit new skits.
    What about shows that look like anime like avatar? Do they count or do we have to use strictly anime from japan

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow66 View Post

What about shows that look like anime like avatar? Do they count or do we have to use strictly anime from japan
    I'm pretty sure they only count actual anime produced by the Japanese, but I can't really say, seeing as I'm not directing this.

I'm pretty sure they only count actual anime produced by the Japanese, but I can't really say, seeing as I'm not directing this.
    Hopely there are exceptions to this rule, since this topic is still under debate.

Personally, I've been thinking of making a clip using Transformers Generation 1, but it's status as an anime is sort of debatable. I mean, the writers and the concept itself were American, yet Toei supplied a large amount of the show's animation. Going by that, though, you could count the first G.I. Joe series as an anime, I guess.

Personally, I've been thinking of making a clip using Transformers Generation 1, but it's status as an anime is sort of debatable. I mean, the writers and the concept itself were American, yet Toei supplied a large amount of the show's animation. Going by that, though, you could count the first G.I. Joe series as an anime, I guess.
    Exactly my point, and I wouldn't worry about making transformers AMVs since transformers videos have been in AMV Hell in the past.
    Last edited by Shadow66; 03-08-2012 at 05:50 PM.

If Zarxrax was willing to put a Kappa Mikey clip in AMV Hell 4, then you can probably get away with that.

Quote Originally Posted by SarcotarascusN View Post
    If Zarxrax was willing to put a Kappa Mikey clip in AMV Hell 4, then you can probably get away with that.
    I would feel better if I can get confirmation from ssgwnbtd or Zarxrax when it comes to this topic if there are certain shows that can make an exception.

Well I mean AMV Hell 4 had quite a few video game skits and to be honest I can'tthink of very many anime clip ideas this time around. I'm still in the planning stages of some clips though. Now I just need to be reminded where to submit clips...
    Same place as Minis submissions?

MOTHERFUGGIN' BONGOS!
    YEAH!

Ill make a entry !

Came up with an epic idea after watching tv. Thanks T.V.
    psn:byakishk
    x-box live: Hero Shinku
    Don't believe in yourself - believe in me! Believe in the Kamina who believes in you!

Crap...I gotta get around to submitting stuff.
    And I got work and stuff. Man...I hope I get around to it...

MOTHERFUGGIN' BONGOS!
    YEAH!

Hi, just made a clip that i'd like to submit. Problem is it has nudity.....sort of. The clip in question depicts a girl who is fully naked but does not show the obvious (the whole body is just skin tone). Could I submit it to AMV hell 6 and if not, is there anything coming up that I could submit it to?