Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: AMV Minis S2 X4 - Live Action

Quote Originally Posted by Zarxrax View Post
    Funny how everyone just expects amv minis to suck these days
    Haha not everyone, but the same tone over time starts to sound dull to some.
    This live action episode was a nice change of pace.

The best of the best this episode(IMHO):

Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
    Masafumi Tanaka - God Hand

Child's Play
    Tomorrow Corporation - Little Inferno

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie
    Reservoir Dogs Sound Clip

Stargate Atlantis
    Final Fantasy VII Advent Children - One Wing Angel

Terminator 2 Judgement Day
    Sonic R - Can You Feel The Sunshine

Star Trek: The Next Generation
    The Simpsons Sound Clip

KungFu Hustle
    Sonic R - Super Sonic Racing

Transformers 1 & 3
    Megas XLR theme song

Honorable mentions:

Kill Bill Volume 2
    Johnny Cash - Ain't No Grave

Kamen Rider Ryuki
    Yu-gi-oh: The Abridged Series Sound Clip

Battlestar Galactica
    Keyboard Cat

The Avengers
    The Lonely Island - Threw It On The Ground

Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
    Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Sound Clips
    AMV Hellspawn
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Quote Originally Posted by PudPuller View Post
    Thats because this isn't a traditional AMVHELL, No one here knows how to relate the content to something better. Make it a normal mini and yea 9 times out of 10 its gonna suck ass so get your head out of your ass.
    The dwindling rate at which we're getting submissions, and the fact that for maybe out of every 10 submissions there's only 1 REALLY awesome one, would mean if you really wanted Minis episodes to be just as good as the old AMV Hell movies, then you could expect to see a new episode every 6-7 months. We try to filter out bad and below average submissions, but will usually accept ones that're average as long as they're funny or entertaining. So if you want to help the cause, you personally could start submitting some fantastic super awesome videos, or encourage others to do so more often. =3
    "If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?" - Scott Adams

http://www.youtube.com/user/VoicesCarry88 <--- IN MEMORY, DELETED

Fun fact: I still had 20 more clips to send in before submissions abruptly closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiju View Post
    There wasn't a Godzilla clip,
    That's because the one I made was painfully mediocre.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarxrax View Post
    Funny how everyone just expects amv minis to suck these days
    Can you really blame us?

Quote Originally Posted by SleeplessPanda View Post
    The dwindling rate at which we're getting submissions,
    Dwindling rate? I dumped 20 clips on you.

Quote Originally Posted by SarcotarascusN View Post
    "Threw It On the Ground" has now been used no less than FIVE TIMES.

Branch out, people.

Also, nobody needed to see The Human Centipede in AMV Hell.
    I'll chalk the "Threw it on the Ground Thing" to being the fault of the judges. They see people are sick of it, yet they don't stop accepting those. For what it's worth, at least I remixed that, unlike that lazy Keyboard Cat joke. And was the Human Centipede thing even that bad?

Anyway, I've got quite a bit to say about this one.
    Spoiler!

This episode was OK, but it had so much wasted potential.
    Last edited by Haar; 07-27-2012 at 03:19 AM. Reason: fixing this jumbled assortment of text

Quote Originally Posted by HaarTheDragonlord View Post
    That's because the one I made was painfully mediocre.

Can you really blame us?

Fun fact: I still had 20 more clips to send in before submissions abruptly closed.

I'll chalk the "Threw it on the Ground Thing" to being the fault of the judges. They see people are sick of it, yet they don't stop accepting those. For what it's worth, at least I remixed that, unlike that lazy Keyboard Cat joke. And was the Human Centipede thing even that bad?

Anyway, I've got quite a bit to say about this one.
    Spoiler!

This episode was OK, but it had so much wasted potential.
    In all fairness, I wasn't that crazy about your Avengers submission from the start, and if you personally didn't like it, why did you submit it? To submit videos even you yourself consider below average, and then to criticize the judges for accepting them, that's pretty weird. Our quality control isn't always perfect, things slip through the cracks. Try and help us by not submitting material you know is . . "meh'".
    "If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?" - Scott Adams

Overall, I thought this was a pretty solid episode, and one of the best ones this season. I'm fairly satisfied with how the final product turned out.

In all fairness, I wasn't that crazy about your Avengers submission from the start, and if you personally didn't like it, why did you submit it?
    It was what you'd call "a test of fate." I was checking out the quality control of the judging process. Seems my suspicions have been confirmed.

To submit videos even you yourself consider below average, and then to criticize the judges for accepting them, that's pretty weird.
    So if I recorded myself defecating into a urinal, would you expect me to not be a bit disappointed if you guys accepted that, as well? The same essential principle applies.

Our quality control isn't always perfect, things slip through the cracks. Try and help us by not submitting material you know is . . "meh'".
    Shouldn't you be able to tell what's meh, though? You are a judge, after all.

It was what you'd call "a test of fate." I was checking out the quality control of the judging process. Seems my suspicions have been confirmed.

So if I recorded myself defecating into a urinal, would you expect me to not be a bit disappointed if you guys accepted that, as well? The same essential principle applies.

Shouldn't you be able to tell what's meh, though? You are a judge, after all.
    I didn't like your original concept, and your re-do was still meh'. Zuiichi didn't seem that crazy about the idea either. If it had been up to us, we would've passed on it, this was just a case of Zarx' tossing in something he thought would make okay filler. If you could only see some of the submissions we passed on right away . . Oh man . . -.-;

this was just a case of Zarx' tossing in something he thought would make okay filler.
    I'm surprised this episode even needed filler.

If you could only see some of the submissions we passed on right away . . Oh man . . -.-;
    Wow. That bad?

The dwindling rate at which we're getting submissions, and the fact that for maybe out of every 10 submissions there's only 1 REALLY awesome one, would mean if you really wanted Minis episodes to be just as good as the old AMV Hell movies, then you could expect to see a new episode every 6-7 months. We try to filter out bad and below average submissions, but will usually accept ones that're average as long as they're funny or entertaining. So if you want to help the cause, you personally could start submitting some fantastic super awesome videos, or encourage others to do so more often. =3
    I was making a point not to get all slap happy over how no one said it was ****, Its nothing worth mentioning because nothing was resolved. If a person is worried about dwindling content then I suggest they learn how to extend their reach but how zarx rarely conversates with users here I dont see him ever having the ability to.

Hell I dont even see judges make the initiative Its almost as if every title a person holds here is scared of people.

I dont blame them when you have users here that would love zarx's tender young ass XD (now spread em')

I'm surprised this episode even needed filler.

Wow. That bad?
    Some of the videos that got accepted were actually re-dos, you got to watch them once but we had to watch them up to 4 different times (different versions) until they were up to par. Some people started flooding us with submissions, which resulted in a few gems, but overall there was a lot of mediocrity. Then there was someone who decided to use actual footage of them-self. I won't name names but it was painful . . but they were also one of our top submitters' and did give us some good material later on so it evened out. Being a judge is a thankless job, when a Minis episode doesn't live up to expectations we get a lot of heat for it.

Quote Originally Posted by PudPuller View Post
    I was making a point not to get all slap happy over how no one said it was ****, Its nothing worth mentioning because nothing was resolved. If a person is worried about dwindling content then I suggest they learn how to extend their reach but how zarx rarely conversates with users here I dont see him ever having the ability to.

Hell I dont even see judges make the initiative Its almost as if every title a person holds here is scared of people.

I dont blame them when you have users here that would love zarx's tender young ass XD (now spread em')
    I recall suggesting once that we could open up to the YouTube community like what was done in the past in an attempt to gain new members, and people started freaking out because apparently 99% of YouTube AMV creators are talent-less children? Zarx' is too busy with site business for the sort of every day chatter we participate in, but I do believe he should be a little more picky when it comes to submissions.

Mine! Mine! Mine!

Code:
    We don't compromise. You shouldn't either.
    	If guns kill people, then...
       -Pencils miss spel words.
      -Cars make people drive drunk.
    -Spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.

Zarx' is too busy with site business for the sort of every day chatter we participate in,
    Lmao don't ever mention that again as an excuse.

Reach involves more than just making communities on youtube. "INVOLVEMENT" is a biggie.

Think of it as giving unconditional love to lurkers asshole... You dont like it but atleast he'll have a big fat **** eating grin on his face and be more than willing to tell all his asshole loving friends with sub communites.

Yeah a the new mini is here

This vid X) i love it not bad at all

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast