Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: AMV Minis S2 X4 - Live Action

Oh, so i was the only one who tried that? lol Bad idea, i admit. I at least should have familiarized my self with live action editing more BEFORE i tried generating my own source content. Meh. Well, everyone will soon see those fails in paradise anyway, so no point in hiding that it's my ugly mug.

Haar used something called the Tylenol effect, you get a handful of Tylenols and throw it at a open mouth, a few are bound to get in.
    also if you think 20 clips is "alot" it mostly equates to 2-3 good clips equaling about 30 seconds of footage
    Last edited by Zuiichi; 07-27-2012 at 05:53 AM.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

That's sort of an odd way of phrasing it, but I more or less get what you're saying, here: I'm like that guy who did that thing with Tylenol.

I had a nice time watching this...
    Thank you all participants.

so the debates come again to a question if we need more editors? you know zarx isnt the only people magnet here, if you have a head on your shoulders you could handpick some allies yourself

"Be happy"are the words you say, there is no one stronger, no one can replace you.

Well I have to say its different, and I know more videos and editors were needed. Live action seems a bit harder to do when you're use too doing anime.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuiichi View Post
    also if you think 20 clips is "alot" it mostly equates to 2-3 good clips equaling about 30 seconds of footage
    I see what you're saying, but when the episode is about to be cancelled due to a lack of entries, I'm pretty sure that 20 clips is a lot more than what most were submitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Guthix View Post
    so the debates come again to a question if we need more editors? you know zarx isnt the only people magnet here, if you have a head on your shoulders you could handpick some allies yourself
    I'd try that if I actually knew some editors that were interested in making comedy AMVs.
    Last edited by Haar; 07-27-2012 at 01:04 PM.

Was really enjoyable from beginning to end. Favorite clips

Nebarik
    Stargate Atlantis
    Final Fantasy VII Advent Children - One Wing Angel

HaarTheDragonlord
    Unofficial Sentai Akibaranger
    South Park Sound Clip

N.P.C.C.
    Crooklyn
    Nyan Cat

Also had more ideas but just seem to have less time this days. Oh, and there is a nipple slip in The Human Centipede clip. ;) Noticed it early on but wanted to see if it would get through. Unshorten clip if yall interested. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AG54xeQH_yw
    Last edited by bonehimer; 07-27-2012 at 03:59 PM.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Bonehimer
    Mecha Hell
    We never ask "Who is going to get this?" We say "The right people will get it."

Quote Originally Posted by HaarTheDragonlord View Post
    I'm surprised this episode even needed filler.
    For several weeks (months?) we hardly received any submissions, so I was being a bit more lenient than I should have, thinking that we might not even get enough videos for a full episode.
    Then you started sending them in. Several weeks went by when I thought "ok, this is cool, we finally have enough videos! I'll finish this episode up next week!", and then a few days later I would check back and there are like 10 new entries I have to go though. When they didn't stop, I finally just had to pull the plug.

Now at that point, certainly I had a much better pool of videos to choose from, and some of the more mediocre ones could have been removed. But at this point many of them had already been accepted, so I wasn't going to go back and reject them.

Also, many of the acceptances come after much back and forth discussion with the creator (which I'm sure you are quite familiar with). Now I'm certainly not saying that bitching and whining is a way to get your videos accepted, but when I do see a creator arguing for his work, I do tend to consider that maybe there is more to it that I might be overlooking, and so sometimes I do end up accepting videos that I would have at first rejected.

A good example of that was the Hulk video. I really don't know why I decided to go with it. I didn't like it from the beginning. But after all the back and forth, the re-editing, and what have you, I finally just decided "eh, well its pretty short, I'll just go with it". And I have seen several people mention really enjoying that particular video so far. So maybe accepting it was a good call after all.

In addition, it can just be really difficult to know what people are going to think of some clips. I personally thought the Super Sonic Racing clip sucked, and I came very close to rejecting it. Turns out it was one of the most loved clips in the whole episode though. Tough decisions.

Yay, a special Minis.

Scott Pilgrim's God Hand clip and KungFu Sonic Racing clip were mine favorite ones this time.
    Other memorable clips:
    Stargate Atlantis - Sephiroth strikes
    Kamen Rider - Yu-gi-oh cardgames on motorcycles!
    Power Rangers Reservoir Dogs:
    - Why Im Mr. Pink?
    - Because youre a fag!

Quote Originally Posted by Zarxrax View Post
    Also, many of the acceptances come after much back and forth discussion with the creator (which I'm sure you are quite familiar with).
    Orly now? I seem to recall my submission from a while ago being rejected with pretty much NO back and forth discussion whatsoever :|

Quote Originally Posted by thedarkmessenger View Post
    Orly now? I seem to recall my submission from a while ago being rejected with pretty much NO back and forth discussion whatsoever :|
    maybe cuz you suck more then the other guy?

"Be happy"are the words you say, there is no one stronger, no one can replace you.

Quote Originally Posted by Guthix View Post
    maybe cuz you suck more then the other guy?
    Trolling attempt = failed. Seriously, do you really expect me to get mad about your opinion when you haven't even seen any of the clips I made? (except maybe the one I posted on youtube.)

Quote Originally Posted by thedarkmessenger View Post
    Trolling attempt = failed. Seriously, do you really expect me to get mad about your opinion when you haven't even seen any of the clips I made? (except maybe the one I posted on youtube.)
    too hot to troll , just giving you option for thoughts, even good artists can **** up, youre no exeption.

I'll admit though, that particular clip was a bit sub-par, but why not give me a chance to re-edit like you seem to do for everyone else, Zarx?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast