Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: AMV Minis S2 X4 - Live Action

Quote Originally Posted by thedarkmessenger View Post
    I'll admit though, that particular clip was a bit sub-par, but why not give me a chance to re-edit like you seem to do for everyone else, Zarx?
    > many = everyone exept you

"Be happy"are the words you say, there is no one stronger, no one can replace you.

I'll admit though, that particular clip was a bit sub-par, but why not give me a chance to re-edit like you seem to do for everyone else, Zarx?
    Which submission of yours are you referring to? Usually if one has potential, that's when the brain storming starts and we try to help someone improve upon the original concept.
    "If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?" - Scott Adams

http://www.youtube.com/user/VoicesCarry88 <--- IN MEMORY, DELETED

Orly now? I seem to recall my submission from a while ago being rejected with pretty much NO back and forth discussion whatsoever :|
    It depends on the case, and whether it looks like there is potential to save the video by reworking it. Lots of stuff just gets rejected right away.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarxrax View Post
    For several weeks (months?) we hardly received any submissions, so I was being a bit more lenient than I should have, thinking that we might not even get enough videos for a full episode.
    Then you started sending them in. Several weeks went by when I thought "ok, this is cool, we finally have enough videos! I'll finish this episode up next week!", and then a few days later I would check back and there are like 10 new entries I have to go though. When they didn't stop, I finally just had to pull the plug.

Now at that point, certainly I had a much better pool of videos to choose from, and some of the more mediocre ones could have been removed. But at this point many of them had already been accepted, so I wasn't going to go back and reject them.

Also, many of the acceptances come after much back and forth discussion with the creator (which I'm sure you are quite familiar with). Now I'm certainly not saying that bitching and whining is a way to get your videos accepted, but when I do see a creator arguing for his work, I do tend to consider that maybe there is more to it that I might be overlooking, and so sometimes I do end up accepting videos that I would have at first rejected.

A good example of that was the Hulk video. I really don't know why I decided to go with it. I didn't like it from the beginning. But after all the back and forth, the re-editing, and what have you, I finally just decided "eh, well its pretty short, I'll just go with it". And I have seen several people mention really enjoying that particular video so far. So maybe accepting it was a good call after all.

In addition, it can just be really difficult to know what people are going to think of some clips. I personally thought the Super Sonic Racing clip sucked, and I came very close to rejecting it. Turns out it was one of the most loved clips in the whole episode though. Tough decisions.
    Fair enough, but I honestly don't see the problem with rejecting mediocre stuff after some better content comes along.

Orly now? I seem to recall my submission from a while ago being rejected with pretty much NO back and forth discussion whatsoever :|
    Happens to the best of us. Of course, I always get at least one response.

Quote Originally Posted by SleeplessPanda View Post
    Which submission of yours are you referring to? Usually if one has potential, that's when the brain storming starts and we try to help someone improve upon the original concept.
    I'm pretty sure this was long before you became a judge.

I'm pretty sure this was long before you became a judge.
    I see. Those were dark, dark times . . D=
    "If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?" - Scott Adams

I see. Those were dark, dark times . . D=
    And then they got darker D:

I'd like make 2 slight complaints
    okay first why did the human centipede one make it,It's just not nice I get the idea of the clip but still.
    I personaly don't Think it should have made it.

Okay second is more bitchy than anything.
    When I subbmitted the super sonic racing video the first version was to long but they liked so I edited at least 3 times to condence it.
    okay heres my complaint the scott pilgram amv is great I like it but it's like 45-50 seconds long.
    apparently 33 seconds was to long.
    some times I just don't get the selection process.
    lick,lick,lick,nom,nom,nom
    Head Maid of AMV Hell Cafe
    Jinzo64 On Youtube
    Jinzo64 On Vimeo
    Now on Skype Jinzo64.
    psn-sakurasakamoto

Overall: better than I thought it would be. Some of the clips could have been cut with no loss though.

(looking at you Human Centipede)
    To help you remain tranquil in the face of almost certain death, smooth jazz will be deployed, in three, two, one...

Quote Originally Posted by Gleeman View Post
    Overall: better than I thought it would be. Some of the clips could have been cut with no loss though.

(looking at you Human Centipede)
    I personally found the Human Centipede video charming. =D

Quote Originally Posted by jinzo64 View Post
    Okay second is more bitchy than anything.
    When I subbmitted the super sonic racing video the first version was to long but they liked so I edited at least 3 times to condence it.
    okay heres my complaint the scott pilgram amv is great I like it but it's like 45-50 seconds long.
    apparently 33 seconds was to long.
    some times I just don't get the selection process.
    It's quite simple. Several judges expressed that the Scott Pilgrim video was pretty awesome despite the length. That's it.
    And you'll note I did end up using the original version that you submitted anyways (i think).

I agree it's very good video despite it's length.
    To be honest when I was watching it I couldn't decide if the one you used is the origional or one of the edits.
    But I think it might be the origional.
    Thanks for using that version of the amv as it my prefered version.
    Jinzo64 On Youtube
    Jinzo64 On Vimeo
    Now on Skype Jinzo64.
    psn-sakurasakamoto

Ya'll are still alive?!?!?! Omg omg omg!

no we is all dead.
    these are just pre recorded messages set to be sent to certain threads at the correct time.
    it's clever stuff.
    Jinzo64 On Youtube
    Jinzo64 On Vimeo
    Now on Skype Jinzo64.
    psn-sakurasakamoto

I personally found the Human Centipede video charming. =D
    I'm all for a good gross out flick, but there is nothing redeeming about H.C. Well, except for being the first movie ever to get zero stars from Roger Ebert.
    To help you remain tranquil in the face of almost certain death, smooth jazz will be deployed, in three, two, one...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast