Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AMV Minis Challenge #2: Parody Song

Default AMV Minis Challenge #2: Parody Song

AMV Minis Challenge #2: Parody Song
    Entry Period: June 26 - July 23

For the 2nd AMV Minis Challenge, you will need to create a video using a parody song!
    This means that the song you choose should itself be copying music or lyrics from another song. Original comedy songs would not be appropriate in this challenge.

Of course, the undisputed king of parody songs is none other than Weird Al Yankovic, so maybe his work might be a good starting point. However, most of Weird Al's songs have been done to death in the AMV world, so if you value originality, I would suggest branching out to parody songs created by other artists.

Before creating your video, please be sure to read over the following page, which details the rules and explains how to submit your video:
    http://www.amvhell.com/showthread.php?27304
    When submitting your video, please write the song that is being parodied in the comments field of the entry form.

Well dang, I've even written a song that parodies touhou. Oh well

Funny enough, Weird Al Yankovic AMVs were the reason I ever started watching anime in the first place

I went to see him live 2 weeks ago
    'Twas grief enough to think mankind
    All hollow, servile, insincere;
    But worse to trust to my own mind
    And find the same Corruption there.

Quote Originally Posted by adzman View Post
    I went to see him live 2 weeks ago
    stop bragging

I see him live every year.

What makes a man? Is it the woman in his arms? Just cause she has big titties? Or is it the way he fights every day?
    ....No, it's probably the titties.

Downloads "Russian Unicorn" and "Star Wars I used to Know"
    wyrtt - "Also Sir Fluffykins; im sorry but you quite dumb. Steam is not video games seller. Steam is software seller. Please go and enducate yourself on that matter. You point is iinvalid. Vn without gameplay still software. And i like my software books colured and voiced"
    BlackMonster - "Let me remind you its not cartoon you ****in stupid child its ANIME And i am 100X smarter than you will ever sayonara baka"

So many songs, not easy to choose!

Does started from the bottom count? The whole song is a joke...
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentChaz
    Congratulations, you can splice together footage of Chinese cartoons to ill-fitting music. Try adding a joke to your next clip, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarxrax View Post
    For the 2nd AMV Minis Challenge, you will need to create a video using a parody song!
    This means that the song you choose should itself be copying music or lyrics from another song. Original comedy songs would not be appropriate in this challenge.
    That should answer your question

I take it Bad Lip Reading songs like Russian Unicorn wouldn't count then, seeing as they're basically orginal songs based on other songs Music Videos.
    wyrtt - "Also Sir Fluffykins; im sorry but you quite dumb. Steam is not video games seller. Steam is software seller. Please go and enducate yourself on that matter. You point is iinvalid. Vn without gameplay still software. And i like my software books colured and voiced"
    BlackMonster - "Let me remind you its not cartoon you ****in stupid child its ANIME And i am 100X smarter than you will ever sayonara baka"

I think that would count as a parody, seeing as it's based off an actual song, even if it is only the music video.
    Last edited by adzman; 07-07-2013 at 07:25 PM.
    'Twas grief enough to think mankind
    All hollow, servile, insincere;
    But worse to trust to my own mind
    And find the same Corruption there.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarxrax View Post
    Parody of a song's video, wouldn't be a parody of the song's music or lyrics.
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

I dunno, thats a kind of difficult one. I'd say no it doesnt count though.

Hello, my name is SuperNerdJohn! I'm new here, but I've been a fan of AMV Hell/Minis for a while now. I've always had thoughts about contributing and this challenge sounds like a lot of fun!

Man, only if I seen this sooner. Well I'll just look at the next one, I may try making one but only having one day does not sound good.

"If a person can't answer directly to your question, it's either the answer is too painful for you to know or too hard for them to admit." ~Ai