Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AMV Minis Challenge #6: The 90s

Default AMV Minis Challenge #6: The 90s

AMV Minis Challenge #6: The 90s
    Entry Period: Aug 21 - Sept 17

Let's take a blast back into the past for challenge number 6!
    For this challenge, you must use BOTH an anime and audio source that are from the 1990s.
    If you use a source that crosses decades, please use only parts (or at least MOSTLY the parts) that originally premiered during the 90s*.

*For anime sources we will go by the original Japanese air date.
    You can look up a list of anime that qualifies here: http://www.animenfo.com/release/index.php?d=199000
    Just change the dropdown box for the year AND month to browse.

Before creating your video, please be sure to read over the following page, which details the rules and explains how to submit your video:
    http://www.amvhell.com/showthread.php?27304

I get the feeling there will be a lot of entries using Evangelion, Trigun, and Cowboy Bebop lol

Quote Originally Posted by hosokawa37 View Post
    I get the feeling there will be a lot of entries using Evangelion, Trigun, and Cowboy Bebop lol
    You don't say...
    To help you remain tranquil in the face of almost certain death, smooth jazz will be deployed, in three, two, one...

Words cannot express how frustrating it is to be ****ed out of using a source because it's a year or two off...

I only saw JEM in the early 90's, along with Bravestar, He-Man and Bionic Six, yet...from the 80's...
    wyrtt - "Also Sir Fluffykins; im sorry but you quite dumb. Steam is not video games seller. Steam is software seller. Please go and enducate yourself on that matter. You point is iinvalid. Vn without gameplay still software. And i like my software books colured and voiced"
    BlackMonster - "Let me remind you its not cartoon you ****in stupid child its ANIME And i am 100X smarter than you will ever sayonara baka"

Durn, soon as I saw the title I was all "I can do something with Zettai Boei Leviathan!" But then I saw the post and was all "awwwwwwww....." Leviathan looks like it's a 90's anime, but it's from this year :|

*edit* does it still count if it started airing in 1999, but finished in 2000?
    Last edited by thedarkmessenger; 08-21-2013 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thedarkmessenger View Post
    does it still count if it started airing in 1999, but finished in 2000?
    This is addressed in the post.
    "If you use a source that crosses decades, please use only parts (or at least MOSTLY the parts) that originally premiered during the 90s"

Quote Originally Posted by Zarxrax View Post
    This is addressed in the post.
    "If you use a source that crosses decades, please use only parts (or at least MOSTLY the parts) that originally premiered during the 90s"
    oh, I thought that meant something else. Sorry :B

Gah seems like a lot of the animes I have which I thought were 90's are either a lot more recent or from the 80's...going to have to do some searching for this one
    Dood, please don't throw me... My youtube :3 My Anime & Manga list

Can we use HD versions of shows? When Said 90's shows didn't obviously have HD?
    wyrtt - "Also Sir Fluffykins; im sorry but you quite dumb. Steam is not video games seller. Steam is software seller. Please go and enducate yourself on that matter. You point is iinvalid. Vn without gameplay still software. And i like my software books colured and voiced"
    BlackMonster - "Let me remind you its not cartoon you ****in stupid child its ANIME And i am 100X smarter than you will ever sayonara baka"

They're putting everything on remastered Blu-Ray discs these days, Fluffy.

Last edited by Haar; 08-21-2013 at 08:06 PM.

I have a very good idea... But I don't have the internet to download the material... DAMN YOU SUMMER HOUSE!!!!

not only does the anime need to be fron the 90's but the audio does aswell this is going to be hard.
    lick,lick,lick,nom,nom,nom
    Head Maid of AMV Hell Cafe
    Jinzo64 On Youtube
    Jinzo64 On Vimeo
    Now on Skype Jinzo64.
    psn-sakurasakamoto

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Fluffykins View Post
    Can we use HD versions of shows? When Said 90's shows didn't obviously have HD?
    Yes of course, as long as its just remastered and not a complete remake or something.

I have a very good idea... But I don't have the internet to download the material... DAMN YOU SUMMER HOUSE!!!!I have a very good idea... But I don't have the internet to download the material... DAMN YOU SUMMER HOUSE!!!!
    Depending on the show, you might be able to pick up a physical video of it. Some 90s shows can still be found on DVD, second-hand stores can provide a surprisingly good haul (several near where I live even have dedicated anime sections), and the Amazon Marketplace can turn up some good bargains too.
    There was a young clerk who disagreed sharply with one of Curzon's memoranda. He thought it was balls. But he was afraid to say so directly, so he scratched faintly in the margin, "Round Objects". Lord Curzon replied in a note: "Who is Mr. Round, and why does he object?"
    -Sir Alan Lascelles

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast