View Poll Results: Which video was the best?

Voters
126. You may not vote on this poll
  • Video 01

9 7.14%
  • Video 02

14 11.11%
  • Video 03

0 0%
  • Video 04

12 9.52%
  • Video 05

9 7.14%
  • Video 06

39 30.95%
  • Video 07

1 0.79%
  • Video 08

14 11.11%
  • Video 09

11 8.73%
  • Video 10

2 1.59%
  • Video 11

8 6.35%
  • Video 12

7 5.56%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AMV Minis Challenge #14 - WATCH & VOTE!

Default AMV Minis Challenge #14 - WATCH & VOTE!

Challenge 14 requested that competitors make a video using audio that consists of human beatboxing, or some other type of mouth-made music.
    The winner of this round was video 6 by Sir Loin of Beef!

Mediafire download: https://www.mediafire.com/?niqckekk2ff7qap
    Vimeo:

Credits:
    Spoiler!

6 made me laugh and 12 was also a nice one.
    wyrtt - "Also Sir Fluffykins; im sorry but you quite dumb. Steam is not video games seller. Steam is software seller. Please go and enducate yourself on that matter. You point is iinvalid. Vn without gameplay still software. And i like my software books colured and voiced"
    BlackMonster - "Let me remind you its not cartoon you ****in stupid child its ANIME And i am 100X smarter than you will ever sayonara baka"

Lot of pretty clever edits here, for me it's between 5, 6 and 8
    Dood, please don't throw me... My youtube :3 My Anime & Manga list

Came down to 4, 5, 6 and 11 for me.

Ended up voting for 4 because of Group X.
    5 was dynamite as well
    6 was good but dragged on a bit too long and 11 was fun but just didn't quite cut it for me.

I really wanna vote for 1, but I think the animation could've been synced to the music better...

Am I the only person disappointed by there being practically no beatboxing in the entries? Want to complement 1 & 12, because those were the only ones featuring the human beatbox, albeit basic beatboxing only, but I think, in terms of concept and execution, 12 takes it for me.

I was going to use the song in number 9, but I couldn't think of something good to go with it. Well done, good sir.

Quote Originally Posted by HaikenEdge View Post
    Am I the only person disappointed by there being practically no beatboxing in the entries? Want to complement 1 & 12, because those were the only ones featuring the human beatbox, albeit basic beatboxing only, but I think, in terms of concept and execution, 12 takes it for me.
    Yea I felt the same way :\

04 correctly had the timer with 6 in the seconds place to go with the fireworks, nice attention to detail.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarxrax View Post
    Yea I felt the same way :\
    When people say beatboxing I do not think "a capella" I know the description allows for more mouth based things like A cappella.

With the title being Beatboxing should have pushed more in that direction, instead half the entries was "oh I have a song I want to use....yup Smooth mcgroove did it. I will use that!" so the fact it is mouth made became irrelevant.

There was no bad entries, some weak entries. However not bad.

I want to comment on all if not most to say whats right and whats lacking.

1 Nice concept and nice effort untill mid way. Once the skirts show up it feels a little loose from the music. Feels like the images on screen and music are not related anymore. Maybe a slight Desync happened? Whatever takes the punch out of the clip.

2 Castlevania Alucard/Dracula with Alucard/Dracula Hellsing. Aside from any mental points I deduct for it being Smooth Mcgroove, ok idea buuuuut. It is just a fight scene with music slapped over the top of it.

3 I am sort of not sure if this fits strictly to the description a little bit of scat at the start. Decentish clip despite my confusion.

4 nice little joke.

5 Very well done clip that I want kinda longer or the Objection to be louder. As its supposed to be abrupt, yet fall's flat when the sound level is lower than the rest of the clip.

6 I get the joke, decent concept. I think gets ruined by being too busy on screen and maybe too long. It may have been given more of a pass if after the third split screen the other two clips were instead the entire screen show one after another, instead of "flopped" ontop of the already busy screen.

7 I really like this clip, start off ethereal sort of like choir music to fit the "angel" look. Has me going "I know its Barbra Streisand....but where is the this clip going? oh right there it is." good joke nicely done.

8 I.....dont know. I cant tell if this is either the best of the lot or a middler. I dont know. The end is good....I just dont know.

9 nice clip, done decently. A little lips off synced. Very good idea.

10 I get it, I just dont like it. Music over the top of a simple clip aaaaand the punch line is not good. Then there is the Smooth Mcgroove automatic minus points.....

11 I dont know about this one. I enjoy it, its works but I think its the end image that makes me like it more than is deserves! Oh well I like it good clip I enjoy seeing.

12 A great clip that uses beatboxing. Nothing much to say about editing aside from the end. However the idea of the music is a great one.

I think I vote 12!

only a week late :/
    'Twas grief enough to think mankind
    All hollow, servile, insincere;
    But worse to trust to my own mind
    And find the same Corruption there.

I've got 1, 2, (3), 6, 7, 9, (11), 12 as favorites.

By narrowing it down, it becomes a close battle between the beginning, middle, and end of this challenge: 1, 6, and 12, respectively.
    I could go ahead and pick 12, since I'm more familiar with its subject matter, yet it would feel unjust to disregard 1's audiovisual merit.

Eventually I picked what, in my opinion, made AMV Hell its own thing: the humor factor. 6 was the only thing left afterwards.

This is neither praise nor a complaint, but rather is just something I noticed.

I'm assuming that whoever put together the later Mario clip (#12) never played Mario Sunshine or the minigames on Mario 64 DS and/or New Super Mario Bros (DS) because those games had the following song:

__________________________________________________ _________________________________

On a completely other note, the Haruhi clip (#5) uses a surprisingly high quality upscaler, it looks very similar to "S-Spline Max" in my eyes. Any idea exactly what upscaling algorithm was was done here?

Ironically, for having such good video quality, the audio for the very same clip could have used some work, particularly re-balancing of the relative dynamic range. Just remember, all AMVs have their audio run through ReplayGain before being put together for the final video, so you don't have to worry about absolute volume - you only need to worry about the relative volume within your own video clip.
    Last edited by Nintendo Maniac 64; 01-16-2014 at 07:41 AM.

1) Nice use of Daft Punk remix.

2) Oddly enough, enjoyed the Castlevania music more than the clip itself. As much as it fit, the clip just went on a bit longer than it should have for a fight segment.

4) Damn near perfect. Liked the touch with the fireworks.

6) ONE WIENER NEXT TO ANOTH- :: shot ::

8) Felt like it took too long to get to the punchline. Some good editing at the very least.

12) Pretty good fit, but again, length is kind of an issue.

Some good entries in this one. Makes it really hard to pick just one.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast