View Poll Results: Which video was the best?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • Video 01

5 3.82%
  • Video 02

3 2.29%
  • Video 03

3 2.29%
  • Video 04

4 3.05%
  • Video 05

4 3.05%
  • Video 06

3 2.29%
  • Video 07

2 1.53%
  • Video 08

2 1.53%
  • Video 09

1 0.76%
  • Video 10

4 3.05%
  • Video 11

0 0%
  • Video 12

46 35.11%
  • Video 13

7 5.34%
  • Video 14

14 10.69%
  • Video 15

33 25.19%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AMV Minis Challenge #18 - WATCH & VOTE!

Default AMV Minis Challenge #18 - WATCH & VOTE!

Challenge #18 was all about Unnecessary Censorship.
    Which one of these clips met the challenge with the best and funniest video?
    The voters have selected Video 12, by SuperJujuAwesome!

Mediafire download: https://www.mediafire.com/?7o830jhb764f3ku
    Vimeo:

Credits:
    Spoiler!

I definitely see what you were saying before about a lot of the entries not making sense. Fortunately, I think there were also some pretty good ones this round that saved it from fox status.

[(D(>

I don't care how well put together it is, I'm not voting for anything Jem related. It's terrible music from a stupid show and you're pushing it waaay past its welcome.

Don't do that dude. You're just giving N.P.C.C. more lube to jerk off with.

[(D(>

Alright, let's get it on, shall we?

Not a lot of winners on this round, so I'll go around each one instead of my usual method.

1. 1's got it going alright, though some of the bleeps overstay their welcome just a tad too much. Especially that one at the end.

2. Interesting, I'm sure some people do get a kick out of that Chad Warden joke. Not me, though. Sorry.

3. I could make out she meant to say "forgive me" (what I heard was "f****e me", that "e" kills ya), that speaks of a bleep misplacement.

4. It works.

5. That last beep doesn't reach enough. "Suck 'em" implies a plural subject. I only see one.

6. There's only a few words that you can imply that begin with "pussy" and are actually vulgar, one of them being pussyfart. The overall purpose of the censorship is unclear and confusing.

7. I guess there's only so much you can do with a barely understandable audio source.

8. Had to make a double take on that one. It can be a tad hard to make out the dialogue with so loud, distracting bleeps.

9. In***tructible... If I challenged you to fill in for the censored part and make a vulgar word with the result, then you'd be jolly well ****ed.

10. Lacks amount of unnecessary censorship. It just happens during one scene and the censorship doesn't visually stand out. It can easily be a "blink and you miss it" sort of ordeal for many.

11. I personally find it dishonest to go ahead and add a foreign object to the video just for the sake of censoring it. I understand the reasoning behind it (women don't leave pools of jizz), but still.

12. Easy on the bleeps now, would ye? It's easy to get carried away and effectively strip the conversation of any meaning.

13. Refer to 11.

14. Not even trying to hide it now, eh? Yes, there's no way you can call Jem's art style anime-esque, but it's the lesser of many evils in this round. The joke works well. It gets my vote.

15. It needs more "flow" in regard to the sound editing. Good ideas on the censorship and theme, though.
    Last edited by milleniummaster18; 04-03-2014 at 02:47 AM.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh....... a lot of my fears about this challenge seem to have surfaced in the results. For me it'd be between 12 and 15, since they worked the concept best.

Yall need to lower your bleep volumes. Half the time i couldnt hear the audio, then a deafening bleep pops in when i turn up my volume. Also, why is everyone using those wierd-ass bleeps? Call me crazy, but they seem a pitch off from what you would hear on tv.

12 and 15 were the standouts.

I liked 15- dem sound effects!!

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
    <MADEVIL> maybe you can steal the panties from the hobos

15 used creative sound efforts, went with 12.

Two have mentioned 14, but it wasn't any good to me.
    wyrtt - "Also Sir Fluffykins; im sorry but you quite dumb. Steam is not video games seller. Steam is software seller. Please go and enducate yourself on that matter. You point is iinvalid. Vn without gameplay still software. And i like my software books colured and voiced"
    BlackMonster - "Let me remind you its not cartoon you ****in stupid child its ANIME And i am 100X smarter than you will ever sayonara baka"

This was terrible, only a few clips worked and less was good.

1: This was very good....untill it over stayed its welcome and just HAAAD to go one joke too far. The last one was so forced and ruined it all.
    2: This is a pretty good one except its supposed to be unnecessary censorship. That is a sex toy so....its necessary. If you censored the original image then it would be funnier too.
    3: The bleep is a little off so it ruins the clip.
    4: Yes this works and is a good clip.
    5: The bleeps are kinda screwed up and out of place, I keep hearing the proper lyrics a tad and ruins the "illusion" also the video clip....badly censored.
    6: This is not at all funny. Is it supposed to be Pussy****? pussy****? I love you?...even if thats the take it dosnt make a lick of sense. Pointless clip.
    7: This clip is so filled with bleeps it makes no sense. Even if the bleeps were done better I CANNOT HEAR ANY WORDS! then the clip dosnt make sense if you took out the bleeps or let me hear words.
    8: This is also muffled in audio with the bleeps overpowering the words then it should probably only be the last part that was the clip.
    9: so "aaghsaahahal Become Indestructible" with an annoying beep in the middle of the word Indestructible. It makes no sense, I think you wanted to bleep dick....but it failed. I couldnt hear anything before and the visual's dont work with the audio. Its pointless as a clip.
    10 This was a very very good clip...till it ruined itself and went beyond "Big BLEEEP is bad for your health" waaaay too long. a little bit maybe. Needs to be far shorter.

11: This was necessary censorship....you put a penis in the clip...it needs to be censored..............the challenge is "UNNECESSARY here is the definition. unnecessary
    adjective
    not needed.

Lets look at what you did.

Necessary

adjective
    needed to be done, achieved, or present; essential.

THE OPPOSITE OF THE ****ING CHALLENGE!

12 This one is a very good clip, one thing ruins it maybe two. The first bleep "this Bleep dity old man" it ruins it. Then maybe Yugi's Grand father's beep was a little nonsensical. Other than that it was a decent clip.

13 THERE WAS ONE EDIT AND IT WAS AGAINST THE RULES OF THE CHALLENGE! YOU ADDED IN A MIDDLE FINGER AND THAT NEEDS TO BE CENSORED! YOU DID READ THE CHALLENGE? UNNECESSARY UNNECESSARY!!! READ AND LEARN WORDS!

PS you missed the chance to censor "you little runt" and make it sound like "****"

14: This is the probably the best clip. Its funny it works there is 0 flaws with it. I vote this one.

15: Nice idea however some censors get out of whack as in they are too forceful in pushing people imagination. Then it just goes on too long. Faaaar shorter would have been a good clip. Not reat a good clip. as it is...its a bad clip.

****ing horrible terrible bad 90% of you.
    Last edited by Akyho; 04-03-2014 at 07:34 AM.

1: I should note i actually had to slow VLC down to really "get" this one, but this time it was probably my fault. The joke is i'ight, it just goes half a chorus too long and sadly just doesn't leave much of an impression.

2: Chad Warden: Yes! Censoring what would need to be censored: No!

3: Hmm...Heard "Finger me." Makes it easier to accept the execution of the censor is obviously botched.

4: I'm getting this weird feeling that this clip was remade from its original concept just to fit with the challenge rules. Besides that, i just don't think it "clicked" that well.

5: Is this nigga serious? Did he censor "Balls"? If you were going for "dick", no dice because you let that "S" sound through. Small things like that DO matter if you ask me. Can't suspend disbelief for the duration of the clip. Sub par lip synch didn't help either.

6: "Pussy-what" ....We making up curse words now? Why didn't anyone tell me?

7: I'm sorry i....i just don't ****ing understand. Call me stupid, but can someone explain...please?

8: Oh god...THIS anime again. What's with the inconsistent editing here? (guy magically having a headset then it's just...gone) Barring that, i don't think it makes much sense and is it just me or is that end slap clearly off its intended synch with the audio track?

9: Come on! You seriously thought that would work? That was the editing equivalent of jamming a puzzle piece in where it doesn't fit.

10: First time i suspended my disbelief long enough to be somewhat amused. That is assuming "dick" wasn't actually the lyric. >_>

11: Two.....TWO......TWO TIMES THIS SHOW GOT USED!? Hmm....It's "unnecessary censorship" not "add unnecessary **** and censor it"

12: This one was quite fascinating...until it stop making a damn bit of sense. Way too much bleeps for its own good.

13: ...Read Akyho's post dude.

14: Who put Jem inside the AMVs

Who me?

couldn't be!

Then who?

*Points at OutrageousChaz*

15: To get it over with this clip makes me angry because i'm pretty sure this was the moment while watching ****ty Star that i started to contemplate suicide. So, forgive me if i am a tad bias....

The idea is solid but again, the execution falls a bit flat. For example, i wasn't feeling those animal censors as while they are something other than bleeps, they are more distracting than funny in my personal opinion. I'll give you credit on ending the right way though. That's a spot of comedic delivery there.

Okay, to sum the issues with this episode: Execution! Some lacked it, others never had it.

Most of the editing was just counterproductive and i'll point to one thing specifically for you niggas who used music....If you knew you were going to "bleep" a song track, why in the holy **** didn't you get the instrumental track of said song if possible? (Fake one in audacity if necessary) You completely negate the viewers ability to suspend their disbelief because of that and this caused me to have to re watch clips multiple times trying my damdest to not just get the joke, but just context behind it. The skits just kept dying on arrival over and over again for me.
    Last edited by N.P.C.C.; 04-03-2014 at 06:29 AM.

I decided not to enter a clip in for this challenge for two reasons. First, because I couldn't really think of a good clip, however, usually when this happens I just try to make a clip that will make people annoyed or angry. So my second reason was because I wanted to watch a challenge where I wasn't judging other people's clips against my own. I had hoped this would produce a more enjoyable viewing experience but it seems like I was wrong... All of these were ****!

Welp. It certainly lived up to the name 'Unnecessary'

So many of those had bleeps and censors in places that made absolutely no sense. Like 06 (Pussy...f*ck? What?), 09 (In*estructible. Wow.), and 11 (She's peeing, but not out of the penis she apparently has. Anatomy fail.)

Other times, they left enough of the word un-bleeped, that you can clearly tell what the word is that they bleeped out. Like 01, 03, 05, and 08.

Others were just unintelligible, like 07 and 12.

04, 10, and 14 were the only proper ones. 13 was... Okay, I guess. I picked 04, because... Bayonetta, why the hell not, I don't know. Ugh.

so I went ahead an checked up on Clip 10 after N.P.C.C said " That is assuming "dick" wasn't actually the lyric. >_> " got me wondering.

This is the unedited original lyric.
    http://youtu.be/p0HZW9JiudY?t=2m8s

He said "Big Dicks in yo ass is bad fo yo health" I thought the joke was "implying" he was saying dick...he did say dick. THERE IS NO JOKE.

The clip is still with in the rules tho, there is black bars on the guys with BLACK suit and stag heads. Implying they have their penis out.

Except the BLACK bars are on guys with BLACK suits so it blends in and also they are not the FOCUS of the shot. Meaning you miss this edit completely.

Decent clip WRONG challenge UTTERLY WRONG challenge.

Also N.P.C.C's point on Luck star scene, I forgot and wondered why I stopped watching lucky star. It was that very scene that stopped me.
    Last edited by Akyho; 04-03-2014 at 07:14 AM.

Holy hell; I did miss that.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast