View Poll Results: Which video was the best?

Voters
121. You may not vote on this poll
  • Video 01

5 4.13%
  • Video 02

5 4.13%
  • Video 03

16 13.22%
  • Video 04

22 18.18%
  • Video 05

30 24.79%
  • Video 06

9 7.44%
  • Video 07

9 7.44%
  • Video 08

18 14.88%
  • Video 09

7 5.79%
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AMV Minis Challenge #20 - WATCH & VOTE!

Default AMV Minis Challenge #20 - WATCH & VOTE!

Challenge #20 was about fandom. Competitors were instructed to make videos about fandom, or try to show something that they themselves are passionate fans of.
    The winner this time was Video 05 by SOS13!

Mediafire download: https://www.mediafire.com/?0jn6we2518lwdj8
    Vimeo:

Credits:
    Spoiler!

Only decent ones were 4 and 5.

That sure was... something...

Wow....most were.....pretty bad. I couldn't tell if they fit the rules of fandom at all and if there was a joke.
    Last edited by Akyho; 05-29-2014 at 03:11 AM.

Hmm...

1: I don't get it. I just don't...were those super mario sound clips i heard? I suppose the editing was solid but beyond that i can't comment because if there was a joke it just flew over my head.

2: Moétal Kombat? Just doesn't do anything for me really.

3: Editing is...decent, but again the joke doesn't really do anything for me even with the fandom displayed. Ending was solid enough though i guess...

4: I didn't really find this funny, but i liked the synching.

5: Didn't expect nostalgia critic audio. It was a strong clip even if i wasn't very amused given i'm not a victim of overuse of "Let it go." What's the big deal? "Do you wanna build a snowman" was way better if you ask me...Nice spot of comedic delivery with that last scene.

6: I really WANT to get this one, but it's just beyond me. I just think i was supposed to take more away from this one than "Twilight".

7: ...This is so ****ing horrible i think this was done on purpose. If so, this wasn't funny, just cringe worthy. Hopefully, the rejects in the next challenge don't reach this level. Last, with this i feel SAO will soon reach "elfren lied" levels of "Oh god again!?"

8: Would have been outrageously perfect if there was a TMZ article with some ****
    like "Jem ****s up AMV Hell" or something to that effect. Well, one doesn't necessarily have to be perfect to be outrageous so i digress.

9: This was a pretty fun clip. Kind of a mood whiplash though with it ending like that. I just liked it despite not completely getting a good chunk of it.

I find this installment pretty weak, but whatever. We should already understand that a dud is likely to happen sooner or later during the challenges. As long as we can avoid levels of suck this side of the fox, this level of suck falls into the "tolerable" category at the very least.

3, 4, and 5 were the only ones that really made me smirk at all.

And is it just my internet connection, or did video 7 use an absolute **** quality source? Where'd you get that footage, a camrip? captured with a camera from the early 90's?

Quote Originally Posted by thedarkmessenger View Post
    3, 4, and 5 were the only ones that really made me smirk at all.

And is it just my internet connection, or did video 7 use an absolute **** quality source? Where'd you get that footage, a camrip? captured with a camera from the early 90's?
    I was under the impression the editor ripped an amv from youtube at as low a quality as possible, then ran that **** through movie maker for good measure.

Yeah, a lot of these clips fail to explain what are they showing to the viewer.

1. I guess it could work, if I knew what the hell you were talking about. I see dogs. You like dogs?

2. Fan of fighting, I assume. Execution is poor.

3. Talks about furries. It's alright.

4. What are you a fan of? Death Metal? Soundtrack Dissonance?

5. Talks about people who are sick to death of "Let It Go". Done well. I kinda like this one.

6. I don't get it.

7. Overall ****.

8. It's alright, but it lacks some energy.

9. Giant Bomb was a thing, whatever that was.

5 gets my vote.

im not even voting for mine number 5 took my vote this time i vote for someone else to see if anyone other then me liked mine

Quote Originally Posted by N.P.C.C. View Post
    I was under the impression the editor ripped an amv from youtube at as low a quality as possible, then ran that **** through movie maker for good measure.
    so youtube videos someone made with their camera from the early 90's. Got it.

4 got my vote simply because it was the song choice I was going to go with if I actually had time to get a clip done.

7... seriously... how the **** did you get video quality that bad? Like, I'm not even sure I could run it through enough conversions and filters to get it that ****ty. I'm almost impressed just in that regard.

[(D(>

Quote Originally Posted by milleniummaster18 View Post
    Yeah, a lot of these clips fail to explain what are they showing to the viewer.

1. I guess it could work, if I knew what the hell you were talking about. I see dogs. You like dogs?
    That dog face is an annoyingly often-spamed Twitch meme called FrankerZ.

What makes a man? Is it the woman in his arms? Just cause she has big titties? Or is it the way he fights every day?
    ....No, it's probably the titties.

To the anonymous creator of clip #7:

Salutations. It seems you need a bit of assistance from a technical perspective.
    Read this guide. It assumes you're going to be using DVDs instead of footage you acquired from BakaBT, but a lot of its info is still good.

After carefully reading that guide, download this codec. Next, look at this post. It gives shortcuts on the process that speed things up and is more relevant to editing with mkvs. Finally, shorten down the template provided to:
    Code:
    FFVideoSource("%fp%", threads = 1)
    #ConvertToRGB24

#BilinearResize(1280,720)
    If you follow all of these instructions, possess a relatively good computer, and already have a nonlinear editing program installed on your computer such as Sony Vegas or Adobe Premiere (the latter of which I recommend over the former), it should work. If you have any further questions, they can more than likely be answered by Google, but feel free to ask us if it doesn't provide the answers you need.

Quote Originally Posted by milleniummaster18 View Post
    4. What are you a fan of? Death Metal? Soundtrack Dissonance?
    ...screw it, I'll bite.

I do like death metal, but I ****ing HATE K-On. Almost as much as I hate people who like it. So I figured I'd take a little jab at the no-life moe-blob-adoring 2d-obsessed mouthbreathing morons who care more about which girl they can fap to than anything like, oh I don't know, actual personalities that go beyond bare-bones archetypal cliché or good character writing. Hence the song choice.

Quote Originally Posted by FrustratedRocka View Post
    ...screw it, I'll bite.

I do like death metal, but I ****ing HATE K-On. Almost as much as I hate people who like it. So I figured I'd take a little jab at the no-life moe-blob-adoring 2d-obsessed mouthbreathing morons who care more about which girl they can fap to than anything like, oh I don't know, actual personalities or good character writing. Hence the song choice.
    and now everyone knows......

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast