Thread: Can people tell me what to be careful for when making my 1st AMV ? ^^

Question Can people tell me what to be careful for when making my 1st AMV ? ^^

So the Title says it all , Can people tell me what to be careful for when making my 1st AMV ? ^^

No subtitles left in.

Hmm okai Thanks for the quick Reply ^^ ! , do you know a good link where i can get all the anime episodes from ? ^^

nyaa or Bakabt

Arigato !

Salutations. It seems you need a bit of assistance from a technical perspective.
    Get your footage from BakaBT or NyaaTorrents. If you can, get the Blu-Ray version (BDrips) instead of the TV version. Television broadcasts of anime often contain the station watermark and are of a generally lower quality due to the nature of their release. After that, read this guide. It assumes you're going to be using DVDs instead of soft subtitled mkv files, but a lot of its info is still good. In case you're wondering, "soft subtitled" means you can turn the subs off. The subtitles have been saved as a stream separate from the video, in the form of an .srt or .ass file.

After carefully reading that guide, download this codec. Next, look at this post. It gives shortcuts on the process that speed things up and is more relevant to editing with mkvs. Finally, shorten down the template provided to:
    Code:
    FFVideoSource("%fp%", threads = 1)
    #ConvertToRGB24

#BilinearResize(1280,720)
    As for actual encoding, export your video as an uncompressed avi from your editing program, then encode it in Zarx264Gui.

If you follow all of these instructions, possess a relatively good computer, and already have a nonlinear editing program installed on your computer such as Sony Vegas or Adobe Premiere (the latter of which I recommend over the former), it should work. If you have any further questions, they can more than likely be answered by Google, but feel free to ask us if it doesn't provide the answers you need.

(Optional)
    I'd recommend Adobe Premiere over Sony Vegas, but if you want to keep using it, get this script to disable resampling.

Thanks ALOT , if possible could i add you off skype incase i get more questions

Quote Originally Posted by Haar View Post
    Why UT? Why not lagarith who included in K-Lite codec pack and has a smaller lossless files size than UT? I think to many AMVmakers don't use the alpha channel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Haar View Post
    Code:
    FFVideoSource("%fp%", threads = 1)
    #ConvertToRGB24

#BilinearResize(1280,720)
    Lolwat? Bilinear? Seriosly? Why not spline64resize?
    And if you work with HD/FullHD 8/10bit BDrip/HDTVrip you must use ConvertToRGB with bt709 matrix color convertion to have a true source colors in uncompress or lossless UT/lagarith file
    Code:
    ConvertToRGB(matrix="rec709")
    If you use meGUI or ZarxGUI or Xvid4PSP 5 for encode HD/FullHD video and want right colors in output you must use for encode in input sript with ConvertToYV12 and bt709 matrix color convertion
    Code:
    ConvertToYV12(matrix="rec709")
    but in ASG4.0 and BakaEncoder 1.2.5 this convertion for HD/FullHD occurs automatically.
    Last edited by Bill Ein; 08-20-2014 at 07:19 AM.

All of your points are definitely and without a doubt factual and logical, but these people are never going to come back to this site, so who cares if they're misinformed? They didn't care enough to look up a real guide.