View Poll Results: Which video was the best?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Video 01

33 35.11%
  • Video 02

11 11.70%
  • Video 03

6 6.38%
  • Video 04

1 1.06%
  • Video 05

4 4.26%
  • Video 06

1 1.06%
  • Video 07

21 22.34%
  • Video 08

6 6.38%
  • Video 09

11 11.70%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AMV Minis Challenge #25 - WATCH & VOTE!

Default AMV Minis Challenge #25 - WATCH & VOTE!

The goal of this challenge was to create a video involving the distortion or manipulation of time.
    The Winner is Video 01 by SilentChaz!

Mediafire download: https://www.mediafire.com/?28k3f2b3ksk5fbb
    Vimeo:

Credits:
    Spoiler!

BLOCKED!

aaand it's up.
    “Happiness is not a matter of intensity but of balance, order, rhythm and harmony.”

Thomas Merton

Wow. Apparently really scraping the bottom of the barrel on this one.

[(D(>

I thought that, unless otherwise stated, all challenge entries were to use anime.
    You can, in a way, argue that Jem or Avatar are anime, you can't do so for Family Guy. Not to mention it just brought up muck for the YT filter to detect.

Thought 1, 2 & 3 were the best.

Quote Originally Posted by milleniummaster18 View Post
    I thought that, unless otherwise stated, all challenge entries were to use anime.
    You can, in a way, argue that Jem or Avatar are anime, you can't do so for Family Guy. Not to mention it just brought up muck for the YT filter to detect.
    A means "animated"
    sometimes you got to stop and say "What the $^&*?"

Tell that to the org.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anime_music_video

A is for "Anime", as it always has been. Any alternative interpretations are just an excuse in an attempt to justify the fact that they're not using anime in their videos.
    It works for the simple folk at YouTube, but it's not going to fly in here, especially not by me.

Tell that to the org.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anime_music_video

A is for "Anime", as it always has been. Any alternative interpretations are just an excuse in an attempt to justify the fact that they're not using anime in their videos.
    It works for the simple folk at YouTube, but it's not going to fly in here, especially not by me.
    FYI, using Wikipedia as a source doesn't fly anymore. At least use one of the cited sources in the article instead.

Regarding the video, I had an idea using Ace Ventura as well, but I couldn't find a scene to go with it. Probably worked out for the best in that sense.

1 and 7 were pretty much the only ones that really did anything with the theme, though.

1, 2, and 3 were good, but then the rest sent it into a steep decline, followed by a tailspin, and concluded with a fiery entrance into a tall, crowded building

I give Avatar a pass for an anime for two reasons

1. Its style is modeled after FLCL
    2. It's animated in Korea life every other anime

And #5 was just awful. Neither the audio or video had anything to do with time
    Last edited by MADEVIL; 10-04-2014 at 02:33 AM. Reason: Double Post

There’s only one thing I hate more than lying: skim milk. Which is water that’s lying about being milk.

*sigh* guess I'll just vote for something...

Tell that to the Japanese. Who, by the way, coined the term in the first place. Anime = animation, PERIOD. It didn't become "Japanese animation" until western otakus got ahold of the term.

That being said, I still prefer to use the Otaku definition, simply out of convienence. Easier to say "anime" or "cartoon" as opposed to "Japanese animation" or "American animation".

But if using the other definition "doesn't fly" and is such a huge issue, Mil.....that just goes to show how much of a weeaboo you are.

IF we're going by that, then my clip for challenge 17 shouldn't have been accepted, seeing as is had no animation at all, see as my sources were a VN and a pic of me.

"History will remember me as a villian, or it it will remember me as a hero. The opinions won't matter, as long as I'm remembered."

None of these come even CLOSE to warranting a vote.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast