Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: AMV Hell 7 - Out Now!!

Quote Originally Posted by Akyho View Post
    150FORDboy357Cowboy Bebop: The Movie | This is a very very very good clip. Which has some good editing even with Ed going "He's black?". The delivery is perfect going "uuuuhhhh ok Cowboy Bebop....big shot yeah so whats the jok...OOOOH THERE IT IS!" altho him talking back through the TV made me think things. I do not know if for logic should have cut off after "A BLACK SHERIFF?" or if that added line and editing helps the clip more than logic
    Don't know if it helps or not, I just love Dave Chappelle and Blazing Saddles is my favorite comedy of all time so I wanted the full joke in there. I literally spent 20 minutes making that clip and was honestly surprised Zarx accepted it.

There’s only one thing I hate more than lying: skim milk. Which is water that’s lying about being milk.

Quote Originally Posted by FORDboy357 View Post
    Don't know if it helps or not, I just love Dave Chappelle and Blazing Saddles is my favorite comedy of all time so I wanted the full joke in there. I literally spent 20 minutes making that clip and was honestly surprised Zarx accepted it.
    I at least enjoyed the clip. If there's any part I would say to cut out I would say start at the beginning and skip to where the black sherrif appears. Then again it might seem a little weird having him appear right after the transition from the previous clip. *shrugs* either way it was enjoyable IMO.

FORDboy, that clip made me laugh nearly out of my seat! Loved it. I was wondering where it was going with that unaltered original video/audio, but as soon as it cut to the joke I appreciated the leadup! because of that, I have to disagree with Messenger, there. I feel that joke needs that leadup

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
    <MADEVIL> maybe you can steal the panties from the hobos

Glad to hear! Maybe it'll make it to a "best of" compilation

There’s only one thing I hate more than lying: skim milk. Which is water that’s lying about being milk.

Quote Originally Posted by glory of llama View Post
    FORDboy, that clip made me laugh nearly out of my seat! Loved it. I was wondering where it was going with that unaltered original video/audio, but as soon as it cut to the joke I appreciated the leadup! because of that, I have to disagree with Messenger, there. I feel that joke needs that leadup
    hence the "if" part of my comment It probably does need that leadup.

I seem to only have the drive to do this "reviewing" stuff while exhaustion sets in, might try and finish it off in the next day or two as I get busy Monday onwards or else this list of rambled thoughts may be unfinished.

Spoiler!

So I continued to watch without documenting anything and maaaaaan do I not have a good time after the last number of clips I commented on. I said before I was going to be more critical and I was....but those batch since I said that was noteworthy and even the not so great clips could mostly be pulled up into better clips. This bunch maaaan do I just sit here being an utter sour puss for most of the clips, there is about 4 great clips, 5 decent clips and the rest I can basically sum up as criticise as a trash much in the same way I just said "This is terrible." for a number of clips in the first 30 mins. I simply cannot find a point to criticise other than "It is not funny and never was going to be, neither was it going to be something enjoyable to see." that is the harshest criticism I can give and summed up with "This is terrible."

Middle section great, wonderful even, I enjoy it one clip after another. Such good clips I cannot be in a bad mood watching the middle part. The start I am in a bad mood and not entertained. The MLP clips early one does not help but is not the sole reason why. That clip could show up in the middle of the good batch and I would be more receptive going "oh ha ha trolly clip." as I my eyes roll. Just it is one bad clip after another for long stretches at the start and end.

To say such a wide net of bitter words towards two thirds of the project, I really should go more into detail on the last leg, so far my rough numbers is 200 clips I do not enjoy and will call bad, with 100 average to good to great. No wonder I came out of my first viewing of AMV Hell 7 feeling like I watched bad clips non stop, it is front and back loaded with clips I really really do not like causing me to forget the good clips in the middle.

Come the last leg instead of going "Oh another Vasserman mini AMV....." I am begging for another one for his clips are plentiful and hold a standard of quality to them which I can enjoy. I cannot really enjoy this back third...I think it has some of the worst clips too. Of the top of my head "I can see your underwear" clips is horrendous in comedy delivery, editing and quality. It is has a watermark bottom right....it slooooowly gets to its joke.....which is terrible and make's me face palm. THEN! starts blanking itself in tune with the music...presumably to fake some sort of sync with the music and more so hide up all the unsynced movements of the character.

The other clip off the top of my head is the Kobe Bryant Clannad? clip. I found this before AMV 7 was put up dude has labeled it "AMV Hell 7 (Accepted clip) I watched it then and thought the quality was terrible and the joke poor. I thought he was lying and such, kind of wanted to harass him about it...but I am an asshole...not a dick. Tried to back up his claims through credits and I wanted to confirm, I could not until AMV 7 was released. Put plainly I had it out for this clip from the start, I thought maybe he uploaded a bad version, maybe a better version is in AMV hell...I will see.

Here is the clip

I get the joke on some level it was about that Kobe Bryant high five miss....or somthing. Except the clip has edited in audio "YO KOBE! This is for you!" then original audio of the character going "From America?" as the girl makes noises and spazzes out. Then new edited in tinney low quality music? I think its music? and original audio of the girls "I WIN!" over the top as a mess of three clips that are shown in tiny tiny boxes, I have no clue what the point is and then we get to the actual joke....which considering the hard to watch jumble of editing and noises in my ear (of which I think the sound levels are off threw out the clip) I am not sure what I just saw, the only thing I can say good about the clip...it does not have a water mark.

It was this point of clips that when Law's Zulway's clips all finally showed up I realised all my judgment before was wrong and that they are excellent fantastic brilliant perfect clips no matter what you put them next too.

Does anyone else agree with me? I mean maybe not as harshly but does anyone feel there is a gradient from not very good to great then back to not very good?
    Last edited by Akyho; 10-11-2014 at 02:31 PM.

I've been watching it only 10-15 minutes a day every other day, so I only just reached this point but...

holy ****, "281 - KingofSand - AoT - South Park - I'm Super" is the single greatest clip in all the amvhell movies.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
    <MADEVIL> maybe you can steal the panties from the hobos

I'm not good enough in English and haven't sufficient knowledge of cultural references to get most of the jokes immediately, especially for sound clip (and dubstep/electro too but well, though I can enjoy the clip, that sounds pretty much hardcore for me to understand the lyrics).
    I have to watch it through again and again to appreciate Hell movies, yet there are still skit I won't like because they don't make any sense for me.
    So it is for Hell 7 : I'll certainly need more time to enjoy the show. There are numerous clip I can't figure out, and some others I find very good (the "Freddy Mercury" line on SnK was fabulous, for instance).

Now something's weird : we fellow frenchies are currently working on our project AMV Enfer 3. A beta version was unofficially released last April, and they are some jokes or music that can be found in Hell 7 too
    I swear to Haruhi, Madoka and all, we didn't spy on your work ; moreover the Enfer's director would never accept a clip which is actually identic or similar to another one in the Hell7 after having watched the movie. But he won't remove those already accepted.

AMV Enfer 3 is going to be released soon (maybe on January) and then don't get upset if you have a déjà vu feeling once or twice, this is merely a coincidence

Well find the editors who sent in to both projects and burn em
    wyrtt - "Also Sir Fluffykins; im sorry but you quite dumb. Steam is not video games seller. Steam is software seller. Please go and enducate yourself on that matter. You point is iinvalid. Vn without gameplay still software. And i like my software books colured and voiced"
    BlackMonster - "Let me remind you its not cartoon you ****in stupid child its ANIME And i am 100X smarter than you will ever sayonara baka"

Enfer is always a good showing. Great to hear you guys are still going.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Fluffykins View Post
    Well find the editors who sent in to both projects and burn em
    I highly doubt Le Commandant would send a clip to Zarxrax if he wanted it in his own movie
    I watched Hell7 with him. His face when he saw a sketch identical to his own, priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by glory of llama View Post
    I've been watching it only 10-15 minutes a day every other day, so I only just reached this point but...

holy ****, "281 - KingofSand - AoT - South Park - I'm Super" is the single greatest clip in all the amvhell movies.
    I knew what was coming as soon as the song started, and I still almost choked when the titan came around the corner. Just that titan sets me off really bad, even without anything extra on top. Its just so damn happy to be there, running around and kicking people
    Dood, please don't throw me... My youtube :3 My Anime & Manga list

Quote Originally Posted by PrinnyCat View Post
    I knew what was coming as soon as the song started, and I still almost choked when the titan came around the corner. Just that titan sets me off really bad, even without anything extra on top. Its just so damn happy to be there, running around and kicking people
    pretty much my thoughts exactly. Having a "so damn happy" song is just icing on the cake more or less (which simultaneously makes it an obvious joke....)

YouTube video is blocked. Copyright claim by Studio Ghibli

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast