Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: AMV Hell 7 - Out Now!!

The censorship in amv hell 7 was MANDATORY to appear at certain conventions. This is not my decision.

Quote Originally Posted by BaconCatBug View Post
    I agree with the sentiment that the censorship was kind of unnecessary.
    uh.....no ****? You're kinda the one who brought it up in the first place....

AMV Hell 7 has now been restored on YouTube following the unsubstantiated DMCA takedown notice from Studio Ghibli.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarxrax View Post
    AMV Hell 7 has now been restored on YouTube following the unsubstantiated DMCA takedown notice from Studio Ghibli.
    As of right now, I'm still getting "This video is not available".
    AMV Hellspawn
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Quote Originally Posted by LawRayLiet View Post
    As of right now, I'm still getting "This video is not available".
    Maybe you need to clear your cookies/cache or something. Its working for me now.

I checked with 3 different browsers and it's not available

Are you sure you don't have it on Private, Zarx?

I double checked that. It should be working. I'll contact youtube support about it.

This is so frustrating

Well... the thumbnail and video title have been restored instead of seeing [Deleted Video], so that's something... it's probably entered processing hell now...

Quote Originally Posted by Zarxrax View Post
    The censorship in amv hell 7 was MANDATORY to appear at certain conventions. This is not my decision.
    So an uncensored post-convention version was not possible or just too much work? Funny just how much visual material can pass as these conventions, but audible material? SOL huh?.

Quote Originally Posted by LOLWTFBBQ View Post
    So an uncensored post-convention version was not possible or just too much work? Funny just how much visual material can pass as these conventions, but audible material? SOL huh?.
    Yea, its really too much work to make multiple versions. Most people censor it themselves before sending it in. Its a massive headache to try to juggle multiple versions around.

AMV Hell 7 still isn't up

And this reuploaded one still isn't down XD

wyrtt - "Also Sir Fluffykins; im sorry but you quite dumb. Steam is not video games seller. Steam is software seller. Please go and enducate yourself on that matter. You point is iinvalid. Vn without gameplay still software. And i like my software books colured and voiced"
    BlackMonster - "Let me remind you its not cartoon you ****in stupid child its ANIME And i am 100X smarter than you will ever sayonara baka"

The only Reason My re-upload still is not taken down is because i made the video fit within the fair use. oh, and parody laws.

Jesus Christ. I'm at my wits end here with the freaking incompetence shown by youtube at this point.

It started off with a completely ridiculous DMCA takedown from Studio Ghibli.
    I filed a counter notice, due to this being an open and shut case of fair use.
    I waited about 3 weeks for the counter notice to be processed.
    Youtube tells me that they are restoring my video.

But they didn't. And they left a copyright strike on my account to boot.
    So I send a reply asking about this.
    About a week goes by with no response. So I send another email as follows.

Then comes their reply.

An obvious form letter from some low level grunt who could not be bothered to take even 60 seconds to read the actual content of my message.
    So I send a new email, which will surely get their attention:

Aaaaaand, then I get this reply.

Are you freaking kidding me?!
    Someone had to actually look past all of the bold text and all-caps that I wrote, and looked for one or two key words in my message before sending out the same canned response again. Either that, or they almost certainly must have done this just to spite me.
    It does at least look like the copyright strike got removed from my account at some point. But the primary issue of AMV Hell 7 still being down has not even been acknowledged by them.
    I don't know if I should seek some sort of legal process now at this point or what.

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast