Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: AMV Hell 7 - Out Now!!

Are my standards really too high, or has the vast majority of everybody else’s taken a fatal nosedive?
    I didn’t get my hopes up for AMV Hell 7, but still – I hoped something might have been learnt since the abortion that was Hell 6…

Quote Originally Posted by Zarxrax
    Possibly [the] best entry yet into the infamous AMV Hell series
    This project is an absolute disaster. The worst Hell yet.

I can’t say I’m entirely surprised. After all- this is the post-allegory age and the project was made by a roster of editors including 37 utter imbeciles that thought minis challenge 21 was a good idea. A roster capable of good things, but in need of a dependable coordinator. Sadly though, Zarx wasn’t pushing for “good things” this time around.

Stop fellating one another and see this project for what it really is: a one and a half hour long cavalcade of unfunny, unentertaining and uncreative pictures and noises.

We should all be very ashamed of ourselves.

I’m hard-pressed to select what could be considered the worst, laziest, most unfunny entry in this compilation; I watch, I think I find it- but then the next clip plays and it sets an even lower low-standard…

But for now, I’ll give the “worst in the show” award, or the: “Zarx, you’re tired” prize to a clip that sprung to mind as being particularly memorable for its lack of memorability:

SOGESNAKE’s One Piece / Bang the Drum All Day clip.

Most of the entries used gags that were too predictable; many relied wholly on funny audio without any care for the choice of video to accompany it; a few clips reused old ideas adding nothing new; some were poorly timed and edited; others ignored the concept of humour completely and just relied on breasts… <sigh> to think that after 10 years, all of this rubbish still flies…

^This contribution however is a video with a piece of audio.
    The “bare minimum” defined.
    No thought, no effort, no humour, no entertainment. Absolute zero. AMV Hell at its worst.

The arrogance of Sogesnake to think this was even worth submitting. Astounding.
    The trip and fall onto his keyboard that had Zarx accidently add this to the final cut. Tragic.

I hope you both experience a mildly unpleasant inconvenience for this crap.

Giving credit where it’s due- winners of the best in the show award, or the “Pity it wasn’t in a better project” prize go to:

Fluffy’s SAO / Steam announcement. The closest thing this Hell had to a “zero to hero” tier entry. The audio is funny enough on its own, but Fluffy showed some effort and the video editing here compliments the audio perfectly. It’s a lot funnier in this AMV than it is in the original source. Have a cookie.

Adzman’s AoT / Eulogy. Being a Queen fan probably helped, but this held my interest and lead to a good pay-off. Nicely done.

Jack Stow’s Higurashi / Anchorman. Good synergy.

N.P.C.C.’s Fruits Basket / Move Bitch. I’ve seen this show umpteen times and I still didn’t see that one coming. Nice execution.

There are one or two others I’m probably forgetting, but you can blame that on them being sandwiched between vastly inferior clips to point that they no longer spring to mind.

The Real Inferno is probably our best, currently-active editor. I might have enjoyed some of his/her many entries in this compilation if I hadn’t already seen them in the tennis thread or his/her “Massive Tennis Response” video. Yeah, I watched that.

To the editors:

Keep on trying, peeps. Just remember to read my signature points and I’ll eventually fade away and die. Everyone will be better off.

To Zarxrax:

Zarx, I love ya- but you did an abysmal job selecting content here.

You may have been working with garbage, but nobody was forcing you to make yet another feature-length compilation out of it. At least I hope nobody was actually forcing you.
    Don’t stop doing what you do, just understand that you’ve become far too kind and forgiving over the years, and you can’t do this by yourself any longer.

You’ve listened to me once or twice before, so for any future projects you have in mind- I can only suggest that you drop this “it’s good enough” or “it’s fine” attitude and:

• Get another two or four judges involved.
    • Only accept entries which receive at least 2/3 or 4/5 votes in approval.
    • If even the slightest improvement can be made to a submission- tell the editor either to do it or get lost.

Looking forward to the next one, and I’ll see you all at the vidya gaem challenge.

I’ll update the big credits list when I’ve stopped foaming at the mouth.
    1. READ THE CREDITS. This idea has already been done. Be original.
    2. Congratulations, you can splice together footage of Chinese cartoons to ill-fitting music. Try adding a joke to your next clip, please.
    3. Stop quoting entire posts and or stop double-posting.
    4. Don't fade-out. It telegraphs the transition frame.
    5. Watch out for black-screen at the start/end. It looks amateur.
    6. You need to use better sources/ different render settings.

Maybe you should start your own AMV Hell

With blackjack

And hookers

There’s only one thing I hate more than lying: skim milk. Which is water that’s lying about being milk.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentChaz View Post
    Keep on trying, peeps. Just remember to read my signature points and I’ll eventually fade away and die. Everyone will be better off.

I will read your signature every day so that you may fade away and die earlier

Whoa, my clip is best in show? Chaz, go home, you're drunk
    wyrtt - "Also Sir Fluffykins; im sorry but you quite dumb. Steam is not video games seller. Steam is software seller. Please go and enducate yourself on that matter. You point is iinvalid. Vn without gameplay still software. And i like my software books colured and voiced"
    BlackMonster - "Let me remind you its not cartoon you ****in stupid child its ANIME And i am 100X smarter than you will ever sayonara baka"

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Fluffykins View Post
    That was my favorite as well.

There’s only one thing I hate more than lying: skim milk. Which is water that’s lying about being milk.

i think chaz went on a power trip from winning a couple minis chalanges
    go **** yourself chaz

"Be happy"are the words you say, there is no one stronger, no one can replace you.

I can’t say I’m entirely surprised. After all- this is the post-allegory age
    I created a whole new AGE? Who am I, Jesus?
    'Twas grief enough to think mankind
    All hollow, servile, insincere;
    But worse to trust to my own mind
    And find the same Corruption there.

Quote Originally Posted by Guthix View Post
    i think chaz went on a power trip from winning a couple minis chalanges

Seems that way

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Fluffykins View Post
    Now move your eyes up a bit, and read this:

many relied wholly on funny audio without any care for the choice of video to accompany it;
    Remember all your asdf-clips and your grounded again^^.

Honestly I'm kind of with Chaz on this. Most of the clips I liked didn't cause the feeling: "Wow, this is funny" but more "I should watch/listen to [source] again" or "Hopefully the Tennis-Thread gets revived soon, because most of the great clips came from there". But unlike Chaz, I must commend Zarx, because if you consider the AMV Hell Project wasn't made for me but for all the viewers around and honestly they seem to love it. So my consequence is that I'll try defibrilating the Tennis-Thread again (with my meager up to no-existing editing skills) where the humor of most contributions is more up my alley.

there were alot of clips I enjoyed and alot that were well made, and some that were just erm well thats something.

I think my favorites are the 3 majin buu clips.
    lick,lick,lick,nom,nom,nom
    Head Maid of AMV Hell Cafe
    Jinzo64 On Youtube
    Jinzo64 On Vimeo
    Now on Skype Jinzo64.
    psn-sakurasakamoto

Oh come on Chaz, we don't even get an attempt at a new avatar? At least try to put some effort into it.

[(D(>

I watched it a bit late, but I enjoyed it a lot more than 6. Wasn't too many meh clips for me, and the ones that were meh was mostly either too much dubstep or the joke was something I wasn't clued in on/understood
    Dood, please don't throw me... My youtube :3 My Anime & Manga list

Sometimes I think Chaz sits around with a picture of himself and jerks off onto it as the only true love of his life.

While I'm at it. I'm officially declaring SilentChaz the saddest person on the AMV Hell website. He goes to so much effort to be so pissed off at everything. I had reserved this title for Kintaro, but since he's barely ever around, I think Chaz is undisputed champ. Maybe if Shuiia can start amping up his rage a little, he can one day claim the title for himself.

Serious, dude. What you're doing? You need to chill out. You cross from "amusingly critical" to straight up mean and hateful about this (AMV Hell isnt a big deal, seriously). And I'm not even the one getting **** on in your posts.
    Last edited by The Real Inferno; 10-06-2014 at 07:16 PM.

What makes a man? Is it the woman in his arms? Just cause she has big titties? Or is it the way he fights every day?
    ....No, it's probably the titties.

Quote Originally Posted by urahara1001 View Post
    Oh come on Chaz, we don't even get an attempt at a new avatar? At least try to put some effort into it.

I want Cena's cap on it dammit!

Err...I'm holding my judgement on this until i've watched it alone. Group watch has pros, but cons that may have caused me to miss some jokes the first time around.

Quote Originally Posted by The Real Inferno View Post
    While I'm at it. I'm officially declaring SilentChaz the saddest person on the AMV Hell website. He goes to so much effort to be so pissed off at everything. I had reserved this title for Kintaro, but since he's barely ever around, I think Chaz is undisputed champ. Maybe if Shuiia can start amping up his rage a little, he can one day claim the title for himself
    I think Kintaro died a while ago....he couldn't take the site anymore so left forever. Maybe he will return one day, to claim his title
    Dood, please don't throw me... My youtube :3 My Anime & Manga list

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast