Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AMV Minis Challenge #30: Intro Parody

Default AMV Minis Challenge #30: Intro Parody

AMV Minis Challenge #30: Intro Parody
    Entry Period: November 8 - December 5

Videos in this challenge need to parody an intro sequence.
    Some examples from previous amv hell/minis include the Death Note intro parody using Lucky Star, The A-Team intro parody using Azumanga Daioh, or The Greatest American Hero parody using Tiger and Bunny.
    Your intro parody probably needs to be from a tv series, but if there is a clearly defined "intro" on a particular movie or game or some other media, that would be fine too.

Before creating your video, please be sure to read over the following page, which details the rules and explains how to submit your video:
    http://www.amvhell.com/showthread.php?27304

The past intro parodies have been higher quality than most clips as well as offers a lot of potential for added effects. Which often helps such clips, I look forward to this challenge.

Think I know EXACTLY what to do this time.

I'm sensing something outrageous...

Truly, truly, truly outrageous...

[(D(>

Quote Originally Posted by Zarxrax View Post
    The Greatest American Hero parody using Tiger and Bunny.
    That H7 clip is cute and all, but it doesn't really parody the intro sequence to “The Greatest American Hero” as much as simply use the theme song.
    Better examples of opening parodies might include The Evangelion/ Thunderbirds clip from M1E9 or the Haruhi/ Pretender clip from M2E8.

Should be an interesting round, this is a nice excuse to hear some catchy TV themes in AMVs. But please, can we all just steer-clear of using the Transformers theme? We’ve heard it enough already.

Anybody with Redline footage - see what you can do with the intro from either Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors or Pole Position. I'm looking at you, Boss.
    1. READ THE CREDITS. This idea has already been done. Be original.
    2. Congratulations, you can splice together footage of Chinese cartoons to ill-fitting music. Try adding a joke to your next clip, please.
    3. Stop quoting entire posts and or stop double-posting.
    4. Don't fade-out. It telegraphs the transition frame.
    5. Watch out for black-screen at the start/end. It looks amateur.
    6. You need to use better sources/ different render settings.

A lot of the things I watch now don't even have intros (and if they do they aren't very exciting etc), so into my childhood I must go
    Dood, please don't throw me... My youtube :3 My Anime & Manga list

I remember doing one of these 2.5 yrs ago for Youtube (before I really figured out how to convert vids correctly lol)

I have another idea, but I'm gonna try to come up with other ideas as it's a weak idea atm

i'm just thinking about the amount of Attack on Titan versions there's been.
    It might be a good one to steer clear of

Quote Originally Posted by hosokawa37 View Post
    I remember doing one of these 2.5 yrs ago for Youtube (before I really figured out how to convert vids correctly lol)

Saw the title of this challenge and immediately thought Haganai plus Friends theme song. Scroll down to see this, so at least thank you for saving me the work of doing one and THEN finding this. Back to the drawing board

sorry for spoiling it for you. if you can make it "better" i would say go for it, as this was just a yt upload and never was related to amv hell or amv nightmare. but that's just my opinion

also, thought of a good idea, but the tv show doesn't really have an intro to my knowledge, so i might save that for a reg skit idea

Man, the possibilities are endless, but I just had one that I've saving up for ever since, and I think it would be perfect.

Should just reuse the Gargoyles and Hercules The Legendary Journeys clips

What makes a man? Is it the woman in his arms? Just cause she has big titties? Or is it the way he fights every day?
    ....No, it's probably the titties.

took me all week, but i finally figured out my subject matter

Just for fun I tried to think of some concepts even though I couldn't actually make them myself, nothin' after an hour of deep thought. Guess' I lost my mojo.
    "If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?" - Scott Adams

http://www.youtube.com/user/VoicesCarry88 <--- IN MEMORY, DELETED

there is alot of material to choose from.

one of my favorite intro parodies is the top gear azumanga crossover.
    lick,lick,lick,nom,nom,nom
    Head Maid of AMV Hell Cafe
    Jinzo64 On Youtube
    Jinzo64 On Vimeo
    Now on Skype Jinzo64.
    psn-sakurasakamoto

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast