Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23

Thread: AMV Hell 7 Redux: The Uncensoring

  1. #1

    Default AMV Hell Redux Project

    Edit: Available Now: https://voat.co/v/AMVHellRedux/comments/284811
    Edit 2: AMV Hell 1: Redux submission thread
    Edit 3: All moved to Voat

    Long story short, I've taken it upon myself to assemble an uncensored version of AMV Hell 7. The main thread on the subreddit I created is here. Many thanks to the authors who replied to my PM's making my job a lot easier.

    As I say in the Voat thread, I am not making any criticism of Zarxrax or anyone else involved in the making of AMV Hell.

    The main reason I am posting here and praying to as many deities as possible that my flameproof undies hold out is because I would like to request the communities help in double checking I have not missed any clips (either due to my lack of knowledge of certain animes, songs or just sheer utter idiocy).

    And yes, the intention is to eventually literally remake AMV Hell 1 through 5 from scratch in glorious 720 pee, obviously something I won't be able to do solo, but that is a discussion for another day.
    Last edited by BaconCatBug; 07-15-2015 at 08:06 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Depths of Beyond
    Posts
    5,296

    Default

    I don't see a problem, AMVH7 just had censored hearts, 6.66 had people getting full on eaten.
    wyrtt - "Also Sir Fluffykins; im sorry but you quite dumb. Steam is not video games seller. Steam is software seller. Please go and enducate yourself on that matter. You point is iinvalid. Vn without gameplay still software. And i like my software books colured and voiced"
    BlackMonster - "Let me remind you its not cartoon you ****in stupid child its ANIME And i am 100X smarter than you will ever sayonara baka"

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    I D ho
    Posts
    7,518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BaconCatBug View Post
    And yes, the intention is to eventually literally remake AMV Hell 1 through 5 from scratch in glorious 720 pee
    ....why? Upscaling the sources won't make the video any better. In fact, it usually makes things WORSE. Why the hell would you go through all of that effort just to make **** look even ****tier?

    Sure, some of the video sources can be found in 720p or even 1080p (especially in later installments), but is it really worth destroying the entire movie for a special few clips? Why not just make some mini-hell using only the clips that have 720p sources or something like that?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Behind you, with a knife
    Posts
    430

    Default

    that's a hell of a project for a pretty recent member to do.
    while the idea isn't bad, i believe George Lucas had some problems when he did that to his own movies

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thedarkmessenger View Post
    ....why? Upscaling the sources won't make the video any better. In fact, it usually makes things WORSE. Why the hell would you go through all of that effort just to make **** look even ****tier?

    Sure, some of the video sources can be found in 720p or even 1080p (especially in later installments), but is it really worth destroying the entire movie for a special few clips? Why not just make some mini-hell using only the clips that have 720p sources or something like that?
    The main reason would be aspect ratio, AMV Hell 6.66 and 7 all had older anime with 5:4 and upscaled clips and I wouldn't call them ruined.

    Quote Originally Posted by pzykosiz View Post
    that's a hell of a project for a pretty recent member to do.
    while the idea isn't bad, i believe George Lucas had some problems when he did that to his own movies
    Unlike George Lucas, I don't intend on making the corn shoot first, :P

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,073

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thedarkmessenger View Post
    i'm irrelevant
    720p hells 1-5? if your going to include the 0's Bacon, i throw you a cookie.
    do it.

  7. #7

    Default

    I'll do anything for cookies. I once invaded Russia in the Winter for one.

  8. #8

    Default

    not sure about the idea of restoring the older hells



  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CitizenRoman View Post
    I'm an irrelevant, dismissive ****.
    Boy, if it always were that easy.

    Nothing relevant for you to read here, Roman. Move along.

    I share the same sentiments as Dark and Vasserman about doing the rest of the hells in 720p. Basically, there is little purpose in upscaling something that's at very good quality in its native state of 640 by 480. If you want to play it fullscreen in 720p, the player can already upscale it for you. In particular exceptions where the video footage was actually downscaled from a higher resolution source [or currently available in a legitimately higher quality source (no cheap upscaling and restoration jobs in order to sell it as a Blu-ray)], or where the source used in the clip is of subpar quality (has logos, is from a stream, or whatnot); you could, as Dark said, only redo those clips. There's no need to fix something that isn't broken.

    As for your current project, knock yourself out.

    Quote Originally Posted by BaconCatBug View Post
    The main reason I am posting here and praying to as many deities as possible that my flameproof undies hold out...
    If you don't trust us, we won't trust you. Simple as that.

  10. #10

    Default

    I do trust you, I don't trust myself. :P

    I understand the reasoning behind not wanting to redo the older ones, but the main reasoning behind it was to correct the aspect ratio and do it in the avatarless format of AMV Hell 4 onwards, with resolution being a side benefit. If there is a large negative response to that Idea then I won't bother organising the attempt.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    the 410
    Posts
    598

    Default

    Probably in the minority here, but I'm of the mind that just because we have the ability to colorize Citizen Kane doesn't mean we should. What I mean is I enjoyed the avatars, as I could more easily identify the creators of clips I enjoyed and look up other work of theirs. Similarly, I like most of the censorship. For instance, clip 118 from AMV Hell 3 comes to mind (direct link to clip below.) The [beep] is hysterical to me, more-so than if he just said "****." Not entirely sure why. Just a thought.


  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Wish i had a place to return to
    Posts
    8,436

    Default

    just do it
    if you fail you can never return and this ordeal will be forgoten
    if you succeed to do it properly youll get your cookie and some ego points

    "Be happy"are the words you say, there is no one stronger, no one can replace you.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    I D ho
    Posts
    7,518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BaconCatBug View Post
    I do trust you, I don't trust myself. :P

    I understand the reasoning behind not wanting to redo the older ones, but the main reasoning behind it was to correct the aspect ratio and do it in the avatarless format of AMV Hell 4 onwards, with resolution being a side benefit. If there is a large negative response to that Idea then I won't bother organising the attempt.
    the aspect ratio thing I can understand....but you didn't mention the aspect ratio in your original post AT ALL. If that's more of a reason than higher resolution, then why did you specifically mention the higher resolution, but with not even a vague implication of the aspect ratio?

    And LOL @Roman. Try harder, fail troll. Try harder.

  14. #14

    Default

    Yeah I was kind of dumb and unclear. Sorry. :'(

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Hell
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BaconCatBug View Post
    Long story short, I've taken it upon myself to assemble an uncensored version of AMV Hell 7. The main thread on the subreddit I created is here. Many thanks to the authors who replied to my PM's making my job a lot easier.
    Not even worth the effort for a whole 19 clips, is your OCD kicking in?

    Quote Originally Posted by BaconCatBug View Post
    And yes, the intention is to eventually literally remake AMV Hell 1 through 5 from scratch in glorious 720 pee, obviously something I won't be able to do solo, but that is a discussion for another day.



    Why would you even bother with redoing 5, that was by far one of the worst AMV Hells

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •