Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AMV Minis Challenge #31: 2014

Default AMV Minis Challenge #31: 2014

AMV Minis Challenge #31: 2014
    Entry Period: Nov 22 - Dec 19

Just like the 2013 challenge last year, its time to show off some of the great things that 2014 brought us. So for this round, I challenge you to create a video using only sources that were released for the first time during the year 2014. Both video and audio source should both have been released this year. Releases in new regions or in new formats don't count.

Before creating your video, please be sure to read over the following page, which details the rules and explains how to submit your video:
    http://www.amvhell.com/showthread.php?27304

Just out of curiosity (and I'm sure someone will ask this eventually regardless...) do remixes count as "new formats" and thusly are disqualified? Or can I still use a 2014 remix of some 1980 song or w/e?

If it doesn't sound exactly like the original and has been somewhat modified, then it should technically be fine. However, please try to adhere to the SPIRIT of the challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarxrax View Post
    If it doesn't sound exactly like the original and has been somewhat modified, then it should technically be fine. However, please try to adhere to the SPIRIT of the challenge.
    I'll keep that in mind while searching for any good ideas.

.....I'm betting any and all good ideas I have for this challenge will come to me 2 or 3 weeks after the voting closes.....
    Last edited by thedarkmessenger; 11-22-2014 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Zarx edited his post, so I'm editing the quote....

Guess it's time to get off the bench and actually make one of these. Don't see anything about being funny in the description. Can these be AMVish as long as they feature 2014 sources?

dark: i updated my comment while you were reading it

Quote Originally Posted by the4ten View Post
    Guess it's time to get off the bench and actually make one of these. Don't see anything about being funny in the description. Can these be AMVish as long as they feature 2014 sources?
    Please keep in mind that the entire point of the challenges is to make funny-ish videos that people will vote for.

dark: i updated my comment while you were reading it
    I'll uh.....I'll update the quote.

I have an idea but, If the video and audio is from 2014, but I reference another anime from 2011, will that not count?

Otherwise I'll need to think about it
    wyrtt - "Also Sir Fluffykins; im sorry but you quite dumb. Steam is not video games seller. Steam is software seller. Please go and enducate yourself on that matter. You point is iinvalid. Vn without gameplay still software. And i like my software books colured and voiced"
    BlackMonster - "Let me remind you its not cartoon you ****in stupid child its ANIME And i am 100X smarter than you will ever sayonara baka"

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Fluffykins View Post
    I have an idea but, If the video and audio is from 2014, but I reference another anime from 2011, will that not count?

Otherwise I'll need to think about it
    I'm not quite sure what that means. You can send me a PM with specifics if you like.

This is so NOT truly outrageous...

Edit: Is this the final challenge, Zarx?
    Last edited by N.P.C.C.; 11-22-2014 at 06:51 PM.

Releases in new regions or in new formats don't count.
    So the GREATEST thing 2014 gave us is disqualified

just as clarification, is this right?

a) the source anime/video can be from an episode that came out this year. the anime doesn't necessarily need to have been released this year.

b) this is going by original release dates in whatever country it was came out in first (generally Japan obviously)

Quote Originally Posted by thedarkmessenger View Post
    .....I'm betting any and all good ideas I have for this challenge will come to me 2 or 3 weeks after the voting closes.....
    Welcome to my life.
    To help you remain tranquil in the face of almost certain death, smooth jazz will be deployed, in three, two, one...

Quote Originally Posted by pzykosiz View Post
    just as clarification, is this right?

a) the source anime/video can be from an episode that came out this year. the anime doesn't necessarily need to have been released this year.

b) this is going by original release dates in whatever country it was came out in first (generally Japan obviously)
    a) you mean like a long series that has continued for multiple years? I guess its fine if you just use those 2014 episodes.
    b) yes.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast