Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 46

Thread: AMV Minis Challenge #31: 2014

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    6,605

    Default AMV Minis Challenge #31: 2014

    AMV Minis Challenge #31: 2014
    Entry Period: Nov 22 - Dec 19

    Just like the 2013 challenge last year, its time to show off some of the great things that 2014 brought us. So for this round, I challenge you to create a video using only sources that were released for the first time during the year 2014. Both video and audio source should both have been released this year. Releases in new regions or in new formats don't count.

    Before creating your video, please be sure to read over the following page, which details the rules and explains how to submit your video:
    http://www.amvhell.com/showthread.php?27304

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    I D ho
    Posts
    7,519

    Default

    Just out of curiosity (and I'm sure someone will ask this eventually regardless...) do remixes count as "new formats" and thusly are disqualified? Or can I still use a 2014 remix of some 1980 song or w/e?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    6,605

    Default

    If it doesn't sound exactly like the original and has been somewhat modified, then it should technically be fine. However, please try to adhere to the SPIRIT of the challenge.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    I D ho
    Posts
    7,519

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarxrax View Post
    If it doesn't sound exactly like the original and has been somewhat modified, then it should technically be fine. However, please try to adhere to the SPIRIT of the challenge.
    I'll keep that in mind while searching for any good ideas.


    .....I'm betting any and all good ideas I have for this challenge will come to me 2 or 3 weeks after the voting closes.....
    Last edited by thedarkmessenger; 11-22-2014 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Zarx edited his post, so I'm editing the quote....

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    the 410
    Posts
    598

    Default

    Guess it's time to get off the bench and actually make one of these. Don't see anything about being funny in the description. Can these be AMVish as long as they feature 2014 sources?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    6,605

    Default

    dark: i updated my comment while you were reading it

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    6,605

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the4ten View Post
    Guess it's time to get off the bench and actually make one of these. Don't see anything about being funny in the description. Can these be AMVish as long as they feature 2014 sources?
    Please keep in mind that the entire point of the challenges is to make funny-ish videos that people will vote for.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    I D ho
    Posts
    7,519

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarxrax View Post
    dark: i updated my comment while you were reading it
    I'll uh.....I'll update the quote.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Depths of Beyond
    Posts
    5,296

    Default

    I have an idea but, If the video and audio is from 2014, but I reference another anime from 2011, will that not count?

    Otherwise I'll need to think about it
    wyrtt - "Also Sir Fluffykins; im sorry but you quite dumb. Steam is not video games seller. Steam is software seller. Please go and enducate yourself on that matter. You point is iinvalid. Vn without gameplay still software. And i like my software books colured and voiced"
    BlackMonster - "Let me remind you its not cartoon you ****in stupid child its ANIME And i am 100X smarter than you will ever sayonara baka"

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    6,605

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Fluffykins View Post
    I have an idea but, If the video and audio is from 2014, but I reference another anime from 2011, will that not count?

    Otherwise I'll need to think about it
    I'm not quite sure what that means. You can send me a PM with specifics if you like.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,021

    Default

    This is so NOT truly outrageous...

    Edit: Is this the final challenge, Zarx?
    Last edited by N.P.C.C.; 11-22-2014 at 06:51 PM.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    386

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarxrax View Post
    Releases in new regions or in new formats don't count.
    So the GREATEST thing 2014 gave us is disqualified

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Behind you, with a knife
    Posts
    430

    Default

    just as clarification, is this right?

    a) the source anime/video can be from an episode that came out this year. the anime doesn't necessarily need to have been released this year.

    b) this is going by original release dates in whatever country it was came out in first (generally Japan obviously)

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thedarkmessenger View Post
    .....I'm betting any and all good ideas I have for this challenge will come to me 2 or 3 weeks after the voting closes.....
    Welcome to my life.
    To help you remain tranquil in the face of almost certain death, smooth jazz will be deployed, in three, two, one...


  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    6,605

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pzykosiz View Post
    just as clarification, is this right?

    a) the source anime/video can be from an episode that came out this year. the anime doesn't necessarily need to have been released this year.

    b) this is going by original release dates in whatever country it was came out in first (generally Japan obviously)
    a) you mean like a long series that has continued for multiple years? I guess its fine if you just use those 2014 episodes.
    b) yes.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •