Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: The AMV Hell 2015 Comedy AMV Contest (Deadline April 1)

5 accepted entries and at least 2 rejected...
    Depressing, but I'm looking forward to another healthy dose of critiquing.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss View Post
    I will take those odds!
    Legitimate competition! What a relief.
    1. READ THE CREDITS. This idea has already been done. Be original.
    2. Congratulations, you can splice together footage of Chinese cartoons to ill-fitting music. Try adding a joke to your next clip, please.
    3. Stop quoting entire posts and or stop double-posting.
    4. Don't fade-out. It telegraphs the transition frame.
    5. Watch out for black-screen at the start/end. It looks amateur.
    6. You need to use better sources/ different render settings.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentChaz View Post
    Legitimate competition! What a relief.
    So what are you going to do with your $20?

But really, prepare to be disappointed. At the time of making my AMV I had no free time so I didn't go as far as I wanted to. I feel I am becoming a half-ass hero, or maybe I already have. I hope I never degrade into Haar status....
    Last edited by SuperLoliSentai; 04-02-2015 at 08:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperLoliSentai View Post
    So what are you going to do with your $20?

But really, prepare to be disappointed. At the time of making my AMV I had no free time so I didn't go as far as I wanted to. I feel I am becoming a half-ass hero, or maybe I already have. I hope I never degrade into Haar status....
    95% are half ass status, including you. passion and creativity have been shot to death, bleached and buried 6 feet under with a pipe in the mouth, which is the final desitination of the public toilet being built atm.

"Be happy"are the words you say, there is no one stronger, no one can replace you.

Alright, the contest is now closed to new entries. Looks like its final at 5 entries. Most of them are actually good.
    I'll be posting them up for voting on saturday probably.

Will you please except one more entry? I only found out about this contest a few days ago and have been working my butt off to finish my AMV. I'm rendering it right now so if you'll accept it then it will be uploaded in a bit.
    Last edited by Avirx8; 04-02-2015 at 05:52 PM.

I don't see why Zarx should do so, or why it would make a difference. In addition, it's not fair to those who submitted before the deadline.

It'd be more constructive if you were to take this as a lesson about checking the site more often, since that's what got you in this situation.

You're right I guess. It's just that comedy AMVs are what I'm better at so I wanted to give this contest a go. Well I guess that's that. Better luck next time.

Oh come on, Avirx8, you are supposed to put up a fight! I mean it isn't over till the fat lady sings and Zarx hasn't shut you down yet! Call Mill a **** and point out he isn't even a veteran member of the site. I mean sure he is right, but that isn't the point.

Wouldn't expect better from a bastard like you, Brad.

Zarx's got a big heart on some days, maybe this is one of them. We'll find out.

Quote Originally Posted by milleniummaster18 View Post
    Wouldn't expect better from a bastard like you, Brad.

Zarx's got a big heart on some days, maybe this is one of them. We'll find out.
    >5 entries

yeah sure lets go with that

"Be happy"are the words you say, there is no one stronger, no one can replace you.

Well, in the interest of fairness to those who entered before the deadline, I really would not be able to accept it into the competition.
    You can feel free to post it up as an exhibition video though.

OK then. How do I post my AMV as an exhibition video?

I was actually going to do the joke of "All right got time to edit a video!" with it being after the deadline...but........Avirx has taken the wind out of that bad joke......by not joking.........way to go Avirx....all I have is bad jokes........

Quote Originally Posted by Avirx8 View Post
    OK then. How do I post my AMV as an exhibition video?
    Just post up a link for people to watch. Either here or in the voting thread that will come out this weekend.

Hypothetically speaking - If none of the handful of entrants took issue with his late entry, would you allow it?

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast