Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: The AMV Hell 2015 Comedy AMV Contest (Deadline April 1)

Quote Originally Posted by Zarxrax View Post
    Just post up a link for people to watch. Either here or in the voting thread that will come out this weekend.
    OK thanks.

Fairness? The guy was wanting to submit it only 12 hours after deadline. I don't see what the big deal is.
    Last edited by LawRayLiet; 04-02-2015 at 11:35 PM.
    AMV Hellspawn
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Deadline's a deadline. Dem's da rules.

Thereís only one thing I hate more than lying: skim milk. Which is water thatís lying about being milk.

Quote Originally Posted by LawRayLiet View Post
    Fairness? The guy was wanting to submit it only 12 hours after deadline. I don't see what the big deal is.
    Think about this way: if you push it as far as 12 hours, why not 12 hours 1 minute? and if you do 12 hours 1 minute, why not 13 hours? why not 14? why not a whole day after? a week? a month? a year?

Deadlines are there for a reason. If you give users even a little leniency, then they'll ask for more. And more. And more. And more. And more. And more. And more. And more. And more. And more. And more. And more. And more.....

Better to just be strict about it from the very beginning than try to calm the tide of "but you gave him 5 extra hours! Why can't I have 10?!"

Except the fact that in the past he's allowed plenty of exceptions beyond the deadlines of Hells and Challenges.
    And an entry into this requires considerable more effort then that. But if now he chooses to be stern and absolute, so be it.
    AMV Hellspawn

But if now he chooses to be stern and absolute, so be it.
    Better late than never....

And I would argue that this being a different beast altogether means it can get away with having different rules/restrictions.

Are we so desperate for more entries due to the waning popularity of this kind of thing that we're willing to throw out rules for the sake of a slightly larger pool of interest? I'm actually not that concerned, but I am somewhat curious.

It's getting warm, us shut-ins have to go outside sometime. Can't spend every second editing.

Thereís only one thing I hate more than lying: skim milk. Which is water thatís lying about being milk.

Quote Originally Posted by Haar View Post
    Are we so desperate for more entries due to the waning popularity of this kind of thing that we're willing to throw out rules for the sake of a slightly larger pool of interest? I'm actually not that concerned, but I am somewhat curious.
    It's not about "desperation" or "pools of interest". But, if someone outside the circle actually put effort into making something for this thing, I'd just feel bad it was a waste.
    It's just odd to see a sudden turn to being so rigid, when it hasn't been that way in my memory, especially so with the low turnout.
    AMV Hellspawn

Well one option could be a quick sound off from members who submitted if they agree to allow or stick with the deadline as long as there wasn't a major delay since they were a tad bit late.

When did this place become a democracy?

Quote Originally Posted by FORDboy357 View Post
    Never was, Zarx is king! Only when there is voting on videos.

Quote Originally Posted by FORDboy357 View Post
    It's a democracy when Zarx doesn't feel like making the decisions himself
    But, if someone outside the circle actually put effort into making something for this thing, I'd just feel bad it was a waste.
    Other contests exist. And as (s)he already asked about, (s)he can post the video for us to enjoy regardless. Just because (s)he didn't get to submit it where they wanted to, doesn't mean the video should be pointlessly thrown away.
    Last edited by thedarkmessenger; 04-03-2015 at 12:31 AM. Reason: fixed double post.

ANARCHY! ANARCHY! ANARCHY! Let's burn this mother****er down! I'll polish up the old guillotine and we can start with the public executions!

I have a hard time not agreeing with Zarx's decision, but the competitive side of me wants to shove my boot into another throat so I would be fine letting in his entry.

Well if most people here in general are in favor of it, I'm not completely dead set against it or anything. I just figured there would be bitching if I bent the rules for one person, especially after having disqualified 2 other videos for separate reasons.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast