Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 35

Thread: Nominate a Judge

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Behind you, with a knife
    Posts
    430

    Default

    i think any nomination i could make have been done, but as for the other "Qualifications"

    1. An interest in AMV Hell
    I don't think an encyclopedic knowledge would be necessary, as long as a general knowledge of AMVHell is there, and they can spot redone/rehashed jokes well enough
    The credits file in Chaz's signature is a pretty good reference

    2. An understanding of, or experience in AMV editing
    Probably not hugely necessary, but ability to find editing mistakes and suggest improvements would be good

    3. A sense of humour
    Having more than 1 judge would probably help. No-ones gonna find every AMV funny, you can watch through any of the Hell variants and find one that you hate, but others love

    4. An eye for quality
    As long as the jokes works, the general public don't seem to mind as much if the editing is a bit off

    http://youtu.be/a9GtNvO22pU?t=2m46s

    Case and point. Obviously very bad editing needs to be fixed. As long as they look like they made a reasonable attempt, they should be okay



    there's my contribution to the topic. hopefully it helps somewhat

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Bolingbrook IL
    Posts
    636

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieMesh View Post
    Then we have done all the numbers.
    0-9
    Completion.
    You assume we're operating in base 10. What if we're in hexadecimal? Or Octet for that matter?




    [(D(>

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Clapistan
    Posts
    8,123

    Default

    Personally, I think The Real Inferno would be perfect for the job. He has plenty of experience and meets the other qualifications as well.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,498

    Default

    I agree with The Real Inferno, seeing he no longer makes clips. Haar also falls into that category too I guess, though, his taste in clips are highly dependent on sources. Did you use MSI with Jojo's Bizarre Adventure? Yes? Then he will most likely enjoy your clip. I guess this can work with anyone, though. If Chaz becomes a judge in this made up AMV Hell series, and I find the time/ motivation to make a clip, it will probably be about rape. If it is Zarx, then I will throw in flapping tits.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    608

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pzykosiz View Post
    i think any nomination i could make have been done, but as for the other "Qualifications"

    1. An interest in AMV Hell
    I don't think an encyclopedic knowledge would be necessary, as long as a general knowledge of AMVHell is there, and they can spot redone/rehashed jokes well enough
    The credits file in Chaz's signature is a pretty good reference

    2. An understanding of, or experience in AMV editing
    Probably not hugely necessary, but ability to find editing mistakes and suggest improvements would be good

    3. A sense of humour
    Having more than 1 judge would probably help. No-ones gonna find every AMV funny, you can watch through any of the Hell variants and find one that you hate, but others love

    4. An eye for quality
    As long as the jokes works, the general public don't seem to mind as much if the editing is a bit off

    http://youtu.be/a9GtNvO22pU?t=2m46s

    Case and point. Obviously very bad editing needs to be fixed. As long as they look like they made a reasonable attempt, they should be okay



    there's my contribution to the topic. hopefully it helps somewhat
    I like how you just repeated what is basicly said. Except your opinion on point 4....point 4 is the reason we are having this discussion.

    The only person I actually have any faith in as a judge and that includes myself is Real Inferno. That doesn't mean he is the end all be all of comedy however he hits as fave clips to people far more than he misses. Somthing I dont think a lot of folks have such a ratio.

    My AMV Hell clips get good responses and laughter however they are no ones faves which is a pretty high honour.
    Last edited by Akyho; 02-10-2015 at 08:50 PM.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    in my own little world
    Posts
    21,688

    Default

    I'm going to nominate chaz and haar.
    They both know their stuff and make some really good amvs, They've also helped to try and become a better amv maker.
    lick,lick,lick,nom,nom,nom
    Head Maid of AMV Hell Cafe
    Jinzo64 On Youtube
    Jinzo64 On Vimeo
    Now on Skype Jinzo64.
    psn-sakurasakamoto

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Clapistan
    Posts
    8,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperLoliSentai View Post
    Haar also falls into that category too I guess, though, his taste in clips are highly dependent on sources. Did you use MSI with Jojo's Bizarre Adventure? Yes? Then he will most likely enjoy your clip.
    Untrue. I'm not that biased and if anything, I'd assume a very specific video like that is some kind of honeypot set up to trap me. Furthermore, as you've seen, with me, it all comes down to quality, rather than the use of sources I like. I'm not going to accept this supposed clip you've made up in your mind if it was made in Windows Movie Maker just because it uses things I like.
    Last edited by Haar; 02-11-2015 at 09:01 AM.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    503

    Default

    TheRealInferno would make a good candidate, come to think of it.
    He’s been fairly inactive lately, so I didn’t consider him to start with- but he is an accomplished editor with a good sense of what “works” when it comes to content for AMV Hell.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarxrax View Post
    You guys assume
    Quote Originally Posted by OP View Post
    If
    You know me, Zarx- I’m just a dreamer.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boss View Post
    If Chaz becomes a judge, I would pander to him by making clips about rape.
    A panel of at least three judges with varying tastes would hopefully help stem this kind of exploitation of a judge’s weakness(es)…

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haar View Post
    I'm not going to accept this supposed clip you've made up in your mind if it was made in Windows Movie Maker just because it uses things I like.
    I said "most likely" for a reason.

    Quote Originally Posted by SilentChaz View Post
    A panel of at least three judges with varying tastes would hopefully help stem this kind of exploitation of a judge’s weakness(es)…
    I bet I can pander to almost any combination of three people on this site.

    Also, why has no one nominated Adzman yet? He has pretty good taste in clips and is a great editor when he wants to put in the effort.

  10. #25

    Default

    We need people who are actually here, Loli. Adz and Inferno aren't, at least not enough.

    A shame, they're good candidates.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Wish i had a place to return to
    Posts
    8,436

    Default

    i read this thread and all i see is ego masturbation

    "Be happy"are the words you say, there is no one stronger, no one can replace you.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,498

    Default

    There is a chance that it would give them a reason to be more active. Inferno said he was done with making clips for the most part, which eliminates most of the reason to come to this site. However, he has talked about judging in past projects and wanting to judge again. While this happened months ago, I bet he would be willing to do it.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Behind you, with a knife
    Posts
    430

    Default

    Just to collate nominations, who's been nominated and who nominated them

    LawRayLiet - SilentChaz (1)
    milleniummaster18 - SilentChaz, Distict5-9, glory of llama (3)
    Haar - milleniummaster18, Shuiia, Distict5-9, glory of llama, SuperLoliSentai, Jinzo64 (6)
    SilentChaz - milleniummaster18, Shuiia, Distict5-9, SuperLoliSentai, Jinzo64 (5)
    Sir Fluffykins - milleniummaster18, Distict5-9 (2)
    Akyho - Shuiia, Distict5-9 (2)
    SuperLoliSentai - Shuiia (1)
    Urahara - Distict5-9 (1)
    The Real Inferno - Haar, SuperLoliSentai, SilentChaz (3)
    adzman - SuperLoliSentai (1)

  14. #29
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Shadow Moses
    Posts
    685

    Default

    Haar for supreme overlord!

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    829

    Default

    Haar is my choice, but you wouldn't see me saying it outright.

    Quote Originally Posted by LurkerSubmarine View Post
    Haar for supreme overlord!
    You have deep problems.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •