Thread: Trying my first AMV Mini Vid

Default Trying my first AMV Mini Vid

Hi, So I have some experience with this sort of thing, and I thought I would relearn some old skills and make a vid or two. Anyone have any good sources for getting HQ anime? I wouldn't be asking, except the anime I want to use is truly horrible Soul Taker.

On a second project in mind, I need a song Miley Cyrus - Wrecking Ball. Yes I know it is over done, but hey, I got an idea.

Thanks for any suggestions and help.

Salutations. It seems you need a bit of assistance from a technical perspective.
    Get your footage from BakaBT or NyaaTorrents. If you can, get the Blu-Ray version (BDrips) instead of the tv version. Television broadcasts of anime often contain the station watermark and are of a generally lower quality due to the nature of their release. After that, read this guide. It assumes you're going to be using DVDs instead of soft subtitled mkv files, but a lot of its info is still good. In case you're wondering, "soft subtitled" means you can turn the subs off. The subtitles have been saved as a stream separate from the video, in the form of an .srt or .ass file.

Cool thanks! Now the music? Can I rip that from her YouTube vid, or is it too low quality?

You can get songs from other torrent sites such as Kickass or h33t. Preferably as flac files mp3 files that are 192 kbps or higher. Just search for whatever album said song was on. Also, you should use qBittorrent for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Cow View Post
    Cool thanks! Now the music? Can I rip that from her YouTube vid, or is it too low quality?
    it depends on the song.
    if they're a proper music video they tend too be fine, but it's best to check them

Great, thanks. Never used Bit Torrent files before. Any tips I wouldn't be able to find in a Google search?

Quote Originally Posted by Haar View Post
    You can get songs from other torrent sites such as Kickass or h33t. Preferably as flac files mp3 files that are 192 kbps or higher. Just search for whatever album said song was on. Also, you should use qBittorrent for this.
    Kickass torrents seems to have just gotten back up too
    wyrtt - "Also Sir Fluffykins; im sorry but you quite dumb. Steam is not video games seller. Steam is software seller. Please go and enducate yourself on that matter. You point is iinvalid. Vn without gameplay still software. And i like my software books colured and voiced"
    BlackMonster - "Let me remind you its not cartoon you ****in stupid child its ANIME And i am 100X smarter than you will ever sayonara baka"

Well this might take some time. Stuck "Finding peers 0.0 %"

Choose a torrent with lots of seeders. Or are you in a country/building that blocks torrent sites?