Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More sound clips and dialogue-based skits for AMV Minis, please!

Default More sound clips and dialogue-based skits for AMV Minis, please!

Now that the AMV Minis Challenge is over, there's something I'd like to request for the AMV Minis to follow, or at least for AMV Minis Season 3.

Please include more sound clip and dialogue-based skits for the AMV Minis!

I couldn't help but notice that the skits using music far outweighted the skits using
    sound clips and spoken dialogue clips.

I do like skits using music, but the skits I look forward to more are ones that use
    sound clips and spoken dialogue clips, preferably spoken dialogue clips.

That's why I'm making the above request.
    In fact, I think the first episode of AMV Minis Season 3 should be comprised entirely of
    skits that use sound clips and spoken dialogue clips, kinda like how the first episode of AMV Minis Season 2 was comprised entirely of skits that use music.

Let me say it again.
    Please feature more skits using sound clips and spoken dialogue clips (preferably spoken dialogue) in
    AMV Minis, at least for Season 3.

Who else is with me?

Funny, one of the complaints for 7 was "far too many audio clip skits and not enough music" XD

I'm more in favour of audio skits myself.
    wyrtt - "Also Sir Fluffykins; im sorry but you quite dumb. Steam is not video games seller. Steam is software seller. Please go and enducate yourself on that matter. You point is iinvalid. Vn without gameplay still software. And i like my software books colured and voiced"
    BlackMonster - "Let me remind you its not cartoon you ****in stupid child its ANIME And i am 100X smarter than you will ever sayonara baka"

I've personally never been a fan of having too many audio skits.
    AMV Hell originally derives from Anime MUSIC Videos, where the focus is obviously more on music. Of course, that doesn't mean AMV Hell can't do it's own thing, and focus more on audio skits than music.

The biggest problem I see with these types of clips though, is that the vast majority of audio skits simply follow the pattern of "hey, this audio was funny, so why don't I make a random anime character lip sync to it in a half-assed way". If you are simply riding on the comedy of the audio itself, and not genuinely transforming the joke or creating something new from it, then that is a worthless video.

Of course, similar arguments could be made about lots of song-based clips as well. But I digress.

What Zarx said. Also to further highlight it, lip syncing takes time and effort to do it correctly, which means it's either a pain in the ass for those who are willing to put the effort in, or it ends up being done very poorly by those who are not.

[(D(>

two words:

Family Guy

*shudders*

Quote Originally Posted by AniDisFan View Post
    Now that the AMV Minis Challenge is over, there's something I'd like to request for the AMV Minis to follow, or at least for AMV Minis Season 3.

Please include more sound clip and dialogue-based skits for the AMV Minis!

I couldn't help but notice that the skits using music far outweighted the skits using
    sound clips and spoken dialogue clips.

I do like skits using music, but the skits I look forward to more are ones that use
    sound clips and spoken dialogue clips, preferably spoken dialogue clips.

That's why I'm making the above request.
    In fact, I think the first episode of AMV Minis Season 3 should be comprised entirely of
    skits that use sound clips and spoken dialogue clips, kinda like how the first episode of AMV Minis Season 2 was comprised entirely of skits that use music.

Let me say it again.
    Please feature more skits using sound clips and spoken dialogue clips (preferably spoken dialogue) in
    AMV Minis, at least for Season 3.

Who else is with me?
    no

"Be happy"are the words you say, there is no one stronger, no one can replace you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarxrax View Post
    If you are simply riding on the comedy of the audio itself, and not genuinely transforming the joke or creating something new from it, then that is a worthless video.
    I want this statement carved onto a stone tablet by God and documented in Holy Scripture.

Quote Originally Posted by AniDisFan View Post
    1. Let me say it again.
    2. Please make more clips like x
    1. Donít do that.
    2. Do it yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by SilentChaz View Post
    I want this statement carved onto a stone tablet by God and documented in Holy Scripture.
    I dunno....that sounds like a LOT of work for Zarx

some work, some don't.
    they tend to be better in moderation.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentChaz View Post
    Last edited by SuperLoliSentai; 02-22-2015 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperLoliSentai View Post

Mhhh instead of telling the creators what to make.
    How bout chu make them yourself?

Just need some Chiyo-style pigtails to complete the picture. Sadly, I won't be on a PC with photoshop likely until late this evening.

[(D(>

Quote Originally Posted by urahara1001 View Post
    Just need some Chiyo-style pigtails to complete the picture. Sadly, I won't be on a PC with photoshop likely until late this evening.
    But Zarx is God in this scenario and not Moses.

Quote Originally Posted by urahara1001 View Post
    But Zarx is God in this scenario and not Moses.
    found a solution

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast