Thread: I HAVE AN IDEA!! But I'm a Noob!!

Lightbulb I HAVE AN IDEA!! But I'm a Noob!!

As the title implies, I have a Golden Idea, one that EVERYONE will love, and Im certain no one thought of it yet - but im not going to disclose this because I want to make it and have the Credit lol

So, in my head, I dont see it being terribly difficult, but ive never actually used any form of video editing before =( My clip will be just under 15 seconds, audio will have no copyright issues thankfully But how do i get started? It should be simple, can someone point me to the most simplistic way to accomplish this?

The Video will mostly be able to play just like the original, with maybe a few frames being held longer to get the mouth to fit the lyrics of my audio

Thank you ahead of time!

Btw, ive been in love with AMV hell since the day I found AMV Hell 3 somehow, and been glued to it ever since. I was part of the Fansubbing World for a number of years int he late 90's and early 2k's but never got into the editing side of things - so be kind and Gentle with me

get a trial version of adobe premiere or sony vegas, look at the tutorials they come with, and get started.

Quote Originally Posted by StormX2 View Post
    Btw, ive been in love with AMV hell since the day I found AMV Hell 3 somehow, and been glued to it ever since. I was part of the Fansubbing World for a number of years int he late 90's and early 2k's but never got into the editing side of things - so be kind and Gentle with me
    Ohh, **** no.
    http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/avtech31/

And I'm sure Haar might hook you up with an easier way to do it soon enough.

Lurk through the forums, mate. There's a lot of stuff there you can use. Any questions? Ask in the threads or ask people.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarxrax View Post
    get a trial version of adobe premiere or sony vegas, look at the tutorials they come with, and get started.
    Im honored that you should be the first to reply to my lowly self

Adobe Premier you say? Is that by chance included in CS6 Master Suite? if it is I have legal access to it ^^

Quote Originally Posted by milleniummaster18 View Post
    Ohh, **** no.
    http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/avtech31/

And I'm sure Haar might hook you up with an easier way to do it soon enough.

Lurk through the forums, mate. There's a lot of stuff there you can use. Any questions? Ask in the threads or ask people.

awesome, I will read through that, thanks! I honestly have no idea what hell im really getting myself into here but I just want the images out of my head and immortalized on youtube ;p
    Last edited by StormX2; 02-26-2015 at 09:43 PM.

From my personal tastes, Adobe is a lot more difficult to figure out. Vegas I felt was a lot easier to learn, which made things a lot less daunting. I'm still learning on a lot of things, but I don't have a problem just fiddling around with Vegas to figure out the technique without having to spend time frustrated with the program itself. Again, just personal tastes, yours may be entirely different, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Once you've got your editing program chosen, really the best way is to just practice. Your first clips will probably turn out crappy as you learn the problems to look out for (find a post by Chaz and read his signature for some of the common ones), so don't start with your good idea first thing; do some practice clips you don't mind messing up so you don't get disheartened. Join in on things like the Tennis thread for practice fodder to experiment with.

Other more experienced people will probably have additional tips, but from what I've seen getting into it, this looks to be the usual advice.

[(D(>

The trial version of Vegas gives you full access for 30 days.
    Any ancillary programs that you would use are free (I.E VirtualDub)
    As stated above, Read (not skim) This Guide
    It is worth your time, and essential if you plan to produce something technically correct, anyway.
    And finally, watch some tutorials for your editing software. It's worth some time to learn what
    all the buttons are, and what they do, before you dive in to edit.

Vegas and premier are totally different conceptually, so maybe try both. I find premier to be very simple and easy to figure out, while Vegas was a lot more difficult for me.
    For example, to split a clip at a certain spot: in premier click a razor icon then click where you want to split. In Vegas, click where you want to split and press "s".

Vegas and premier are totally different conceptually, so maybe try both. I find premier to be very simple and easy to figure out, while Vegas was a lot more difficult for me.
    For example, to split a clip at a certain spot: in premier click a razor icon then click where you want to split. In Vegas, click where you want to split and press "s".
    in premier click a razor icon then click where you want to split.
    I am a beginner editor that doesn't even know the most simple keyboard shortcuts.
    Come on Zarx, the Keyboard Shortcut for the razor is "C"! How long have you been using Premiere? How many years of your life have you lost from not doing simple shortcuts?

While it is a Mac, it is pretty much the same:
    Last edited by SuperLoliSentai; 02-27-2015 at 08:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperLoliSentai View Post
    How many years of your life have you lost from not doing simple shortcuts?
    I'm pretty sure if Zarx was concerned about not wasting his life, none of us would be here right now.

[(D(>

Newbie, first off: welcome
    second: Never EVER assume your idea is the best ever or never thought of before because odds are it's not as great as you might think and it probably has been thought of, if not, done before.
    Now on to more pressing matters. We already have a bunch of threads catering to your query so it was beyond unnecessary to create one just so that you can exclaim something. Just look around the forum before you post next time. It really isn't hard wouldn't you believe it.

Furthermore there are tonnes and I mean TONNES of editing tools and manuals available out there on the net. Look around, experiment and try to actually do something before asking how to do something.
    Lastly this should go without saying but in case you really are daft. Avoid WMM at all costs.

I'll leave you with this to conclude

and good luck.