View Poll Results: Which video was the best?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Video 01 - Jem Is The Name, Outrageous Wrestling Is The Game

1 2.50%
  • Video 02 - Jizz In My Pants

3 7.50%
  • Video 03 - Panty & Stocking - Uncle ****er

11 27.50%
  • Video 04 - Redline Drift

6 15.00%
  • Video 05 - Understanding Right from Wrong

19 47.50%
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The AMV Hell 2015 Comedy AMV Contest [WINNERS SELECTED]

Default The AMV Hell 2015 Comedy AMV Contest [WINNERS SELECTED]

April 11, 2015 Update:
    The viewers choice award goes to the video "Understanding Right From Wrong", and Zarxrax's choice goes to "Uncle ****er".
    Congrats to the winners, and thanks to all who participated.

The original post follows below:
    --------------------------------------
    I would like to thank everyone who entered the AMV Hell 2015 Comedy AMV Contest - A contest for full-length comedy AMVs.
    There were 5 entries accepted into the contest, and I must say all of them look quite good!
    Please note that the videos may contain adult language and themes.

Take a look at what we have here, and vote for the one that you like best! Voting will close after Friday, April 10.

If you would like to download all five videos in their original format, just click this link:
    https://mega.co.nz/#!BBMWVJoT!zl7VOm...9OjhVxA6PQoIFM

You can also view each video below:
    Spoiler!

Credits:
    Spoiler!

Good job everyone!

The editing in these were well done, but the audio choices I thought were pretty **** across the board. Segments of them in a standard length clip would have been tolerable, but at full time they just got grating and annoying for me. Your mileage may vary accounting for different tastes, of course.

I'd give a break down of critiques for each, but honestly they all come to that same criticism for me; good job editing, not to my tastes in audio.

[(D(>

Video 01
    I didn't find it funny and The JEM logo popups were tacky. Although I realize these are mostly just self-pandering at this point.

Video 02
    Despite being 1080p, this had pretty terrible video qualty. The yolo swag caps and glasses were tacky to the max and poorly executed.
    Which unfortunately distracted from any good editing that may have been there.

Video 03
    This idea was already done much better by kapparomeo: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/memb...o.php?v=179576
    Only thing this adds is a bit of unrelated self referencing, which you would think we got enough of from the challenges.

Video 04
    This is a good all around well made parody trailer. But I didn't find it funny myself.

Video 05
    The Winner. Didn't make me laugh out loud, but it was amusing in the right way and really well done.
    AMV Hellspawn
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

5 won
    wyrtt - "Also Sir Fluffykins; im sorry but you quite dumb. Steam is not video games seller. Steam is software seller. Please go and enducate yourself on that matter. You point is iinvalid. Vn without gameplay still software. And i like my software books colured and voiced"
    BlackMonster - "Let me remind you its not cartoon you ****in stupid child its ANIME And i am 100X smarter than you will ever sayonara baka"

Preliminary impressions:

1. A whole lot of a jumble. I see wrestling, I see girls. They match the with the discrepant tones of the mashup, but there's very little to convey (or if there's something, I can't see it).

2. It met my expectations. I expected it to suck ass, and it did.

3. Could've used more dynamics, but it's the most promising one.

4. Trailer AMV, 'tis pretty fitting.

5. Good editing, lukewarm idea.

No "AMV Hell calibre" videos in here, as expected. But, I guess it was worth a shot.

I might build upon my impressions eventually, though I guess it'd be more productive to gear up for the next contest.

Spoiler!

Here's the one I would've entered had I been on time.

1: N/A

2: Any good will this AMV built up was shattered over and over again by the over use of those shades and "swag" shop jobs. It just seems like a tarnished effort that failed to mesh properly I'm sorry to say. I'll give props for even attempting to go that extra mile however as I understand why you did it.

3: I don't know. It has potential and flashes of symmetry, but I never truly "get into it" and it never truly hits that point where things start to "click." I suppose it's decent for the effort that was put in, but I left it feeling underwhelmed.

4: Probably my favorite. You had some slick synching going on though you could have easily choose to phone **** in and let random driving clips pad this **** out. Not a bad parody trailer if you ask me.

5: I've once expressed a sort dislike for this type of editing, but that's just a personal preference based on liking how people work with what the anime(s) give you without over use of effects. However, major credit is warranted to the psych-err...guys who took the time to arrange all those clips from different anime.

Damn! It's hard to be funny...

didnt even watch the first one

5 seemed to be the only one to get a chuckle out of me, gonna be rootin for ya

"Be happy"are the words you say, there is no one stronger, no one can replace you.

I went with #5, although I liked #4 a LOT too.

If it had been on the rotation though, I would probably vote for Avirx8's, that is hilarious.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
    <MADEVIL> maybe you can steal the panties from the hobos

Quote Originally Posted by Avirx8 View Post
    Here's the one I would've entered had I been on time.

It lingered a bit to long a few times on single lip sync scenes, but this was pretty good. I think It would have been a good contender for first. It's a shame you didn't meet the deadline.
    AMV Hellspawn
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

1. Jesus, CC were you really that desperate to mash your favorite two things together? Song only seemed to really fit in, like, one or two places.

2. No, just.......no. The photo-shopped shades and "swag" was just completely unnecessary and added nothing to the video. (took plenty away, though)

3. This one was actually somewhat good. Fit pretty well overall. The pandering is what killed the whole thing for me, really. That, and the fact that it was done before.

4. I really liked this one. Would've won except.....this is a comedy contest. We weren't going for "awesome, but not funny" videos here. If we were, I have numerous ideas I could've fit in myself.
    I'm disappointed this is Sentai's entry, honestly. I was expecting him to be smarter than this.

5. I really liked this one as well. Editing was damn good overall, and it all actually fit. Mesh certainly added more to this one that I would have (and thus, makes a better partner than me....)

Quote Originally Posted by Avirx8 View Post
    This exhibition video is pretty damn good. Fit well, editing was great overall (not perfect but much better than what we're used to, quite frankly), and the song was humorous. The credits portion made me smile, as well. That song was the very reason I would replay Area 88's OP 20 times before finally watching the actual episode.

**** you guys, the exhibition video wins.

1. As much as I like some of the Jem videos, this one didn't really grab me.

3. Pretty good attempt, I'd say it's reasonably close to the one that LawRayLiet linked, although the lip syncing could have been a bit better. Some of the referencing from roman's clip was a bit unnecessary though

4. Didn't get into this one so much, it seemed more focused on being a trailer than an actual AMV. It kinda just reminded me of this other one you made
    https://youtu.be/mrklhkeCJ2A?t=58m39s

5. This one would have to be a winner, the song flowed a lot better than the others and the animation was really good.

Avirx8. Good video, the only complaint I have is it did drag on a bit long, but other than that it worked well

I seem to be getting a bit of complaints about the embedded "SWAG" in my video. I compared the videos when I finished them, and I personally found the non "SWAG" version a bit lacking. Once it finishes loading onto vimeo I'll post it for comparison.

btw, I hate that swag bull****, I was trying to make them look really douchey, a bit like in the real clip

EDIT: Ok since youtube and vimeo are being pricks about it here's a dropbox link https://www.dropbox.com/s/kq3p7bii75...rsion.mp4?dl=0
    Last edited by pzykosiz; 04-05-2015 at 02:39 AM. Reason: youtube and vimeo suck

Quote Originally Posted by pzykosiz View Post
    1. As much as I like some of the Jem videos, this one didn't really grab me.

3. Pretty good attempt, I'd say it's reasonably close to the one that LawRayLiet linked, although the lip syncing could have been a bit better. Some of the referencing from roman's clip was a bit unnecessary though

4. Didn't get into this one so much, it seemed more focused on being a trailer than an actual AMV. It kinda just reminded me of this other one you made
    https://youtu.be/mrklhkeCJ2A?t=58m39s

5. This one would have to be a winner, the song flowed a lot better than the others and the animation was really good.

Avirx8. Good video, the only complaint I have is it did drag on a bit long, but other than that it worked well

I seem to be getting a bit of complaints about the embedded "SWAG" in my video. I compared the videos when I finished them, and I personally found the non "SWAG" version a bit lacking. Once it finishes loading onto vimeo I'll post it for comparison.

btw, I hate that swag bull****, I was trying to make them look really douchey, a bit like in the real clip

EDIT: Ok since youtube and vimeo are being pricks about it here's a dropbox link https://www.dropbox.com/s/kq3p7bii75...rsion.mp4?dl=0
    eh... well the idea swings the right way , but the poor execution makes the non swag version look better, its just distracting when the glasses dont folow the character properly.

"Be happy"are the words you say, there is no one stronger, no one can replace you.

These two critiques.... I just... KJHBNVKDKV

Quote Originally Posted by pzykosiz View Post
    4. Didn't get into this one so much, it seemed more focused on being a trailer than an actual AMV.
    You do realize there is whole trailer section on AMV News, right? Also, that in AMV Hell there are a **** ton of non-music based clips, right? If you were trying to say that the clip was trying too hard to sync up with the trailer and not trying to be funny, then I would understand a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by thedarkmessenger View Post
    I was expecting him to be smarter than this.
    What the **** does this even mean. How is me making a video that points out that the two sources are similar something that would lower my intelligence?

Quote Originally Posted by thedarkmessenger View Post
    this is a comedy contest.
    Not from what I watched.

All other critiques are pretty accurate. I didn't try hard to make the trailer comical and was more of trying to make something entertaining.
    Last edited by SuperLoliSentai; 04-05-2015 at 08:58 AM.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast