View Poll Results: Which video was the best?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Video 01 - Jem Is The Name, Outrageous Wrestling Is The Game

1 2.50%
  • Video 02 - Jizz In My Pants

3 7.50%
  • Video 03 - Panty & Stocking - Uncle ****er

11 27.50%
  • Video 04 - Redline Drift

6 15.00%
  • Video 05 - Understanding Right from Wrong

19 47.50%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The AMV Hell 2015 Comedy AMV Contest [WINNERS SELECTED]

Quote Originally Posted by Avirx8 View Post
    Here's the one I would've entered had I been on time.

I legitimately vote for number 6 which does not exist. I enjoyed and chuckled the most with Avirx's not just a clip...and whole comedy AMV. Like others say dragged a little at points but was pretty well done despite that.

3,4 and 5 out of the actual entrants were of note on the better side just missed in being more fun to watch. Clip 2 was ok for a bit yet the hats and glasses become obnoxious as the video itself led into being bland.

3 had an idea and executed semi well just doesn't offer much than what the first half does. It felt paint by numbers, scene and audio go together and that was all.

4 it is a trailer mash up remake yet done so well that its a video that is not a winner yet a good video for getting editing ideas and just enjoying.

5 is the closest to doing comedy and making it funny. Yet drags on after about the halfway mark as the editing is again paint by numbers with the extra nice touch of the talking head scenes....which happen so much the novelty wears off despite the attempts to make it different and fun each time.

Unofficial vote is Avirx's 6th exhibition entry.

Official is probably 5?

Quote Originally Posted by Guthix View Post
    eh... well the idea swings the right way , but the poor execution makes the non swag version look better, its just distracting when the glasses dont folow the character properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akyho View Post
    Clip 2 was ok for a bit yet the hats and glasses become obnoxious as the video itself led into being bland.
    fair call, i'll keep that in mind.
    even with that, I didn't think it was likely to win anyway

Quote Originally Posted by SuperLoliSentai View Post
    What the **** does this even mean. How is me making a video that points out that the two sources are similar something that would lower my intelligence?
    the fact that you should've realized it would be awesome, but not funny?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperLoliSentai View Post
    Not From what I watched.
    Other entries being **** doesn't justify your entry being ****. There's nothing wrong with being unique, even if being unique means being better than everyone else. Frankly, in a competition it's all the more reason to be unique.

Regardless of overall quality, this was meant to be a comedy AMV contest. I expected you to be intelligent enough to realize this. I will be sure to lower those expectations for the foreseeable future.

It's really quite sad that the "AMV Hell elite" are lowering the quality of their clips/AMVs just because everyone else happens to be amateurs. We could have had Titanic...but instead we're settling with making Micheal Bay Transformers.

Quote Originally Posted by glory of llama View Post
    If it had been on the rotation though, I would probably vote for Avirx8's, that is hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by LawRayLiet View Post
    It lingered a bit to long a few times on single lip sync scenes, but this was pretty good. I think It would have been a good contender for first. It's a shame you didn't meet the deadline.
    Quote Originally Posted by thedarkmessenger View Post
    This exhibition video is pretty damn good. Fit well, editing was great overall (not perfect but much better than what we're used to, quite frankly), and the song was humorous. The credits portion made me smile, as well. That song was the very reason I would replay Area 88's OP 20 times before finally watching the actual episode.

**** you guys, the exhibition video wins.
    Quote Originally Posted by pzykosiz View Post
    Avirx8. Good video, the only complaint I have is it did drag on a bit long, but other than that it worked well
    I legitimately vote for number 6 which does not exist. I enjoyed and chuckled the most with Avirx's not just a clip...and whole comedy AMV. Like others say dragged a little at points but was pretty well done despite that.
    I'm glad you all liked it. Doing this AMV motivated me to get back into editing.

The credits portion made me smile, as well. That song was the very reason I would replay Area 88's OP 20 times before finally watching the actual episode.
    I love the Mission Cyber Trance soundtrack from Area 88. It's my favorite anime soundtrack. Last summer sometimes I would sit in the backyard and listen to the whole thing from start to finish. I actually haven't seen the anime though. Years ago back when I had Directv it had anime on demand and Area 88 was one of the titles it had. I only watched the first episode but the opening theme stuck with me, It wasn't until last year that I decided to get the soundtrack so I could listen to the opening theme which lead me to the Mission Cyber Trance soundtrack. I have a long anime watch list but I do plan on watching Area 88 soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Avirx8 View Post
    Here's the one I would've entered had I been on time.

Definitely would have voted for this one. It has a couple of rough spots for sure, but stays consistent for the most part and generally got a amused reaction out of me. Good work overall.

Other entries being **** doesn't justify your entry being ****. There's nothing wrong with being unique, even if being unique means being better than everyone else. Frankly, in a competition it's all the more reason to be unique.

Just throwing that out there.

[(D(>

Quote Originally Posted by urahara1001 View Post

Great job ignoring 99% of the post to take the 1% out of context.

As you yourself said...

Welcome to Hell!

[(D(>

the fact that you should've realized it would be awesome, but not funny?
    I am sorry I didn't pander to you.

I expected you to be intelligent enough to realize this. I will be sure to lower those expectations for the foreseeable future.
    That is just adorable.

It's really quite sad that the "AMV Hell elite" are lowering the quality of their clips/AMVs just because everyone else happens to be amateurs. We could have had Titanic...but instead we're settling with making Micheal Bay Transformers.
    I am truly impressed that you were able to fit so many things wrong into two sentences. First off, you brought up the "AMV Hell elite" when only two out of the five entered. Secondly, you seem to like Chaz's clip, so I don't know why you would think it was

lowered in quality. Thirdly, the whole "AMV Hell elite" thing started because Roman was butt hurt about our harsh critiques and not because they thought we made good clips, so bringing that up in the first place was just wrong. Fourthly, we are all amateur

editors. This is a hobby and before this contest there was really no monetary prizes. Even with the monetary prizes, I doubt that was the reason for any of the contestants for entering. I forgot they were even a thing till Zarx announced he was going to close

the contest and I rechecked the thread. Fifthly, from your initial review of my clip you liked the editing quality and said it would have won if I put more humor that pandered to your tastes. Sixthly, why are you assuming I made my clip the way I did because I

knew everything else was going to be ****? I didn't know how this was going to turn out, minus the lacking amount of clips. That is the reason I entered the contest. I also figured maybe someone would find the humor of comparing the two sources, but you

didn't. It isn't like my clip had a serious tone to it, unless you perceived one. Seventhly, why would you want a Titanic? The movie isn't anything special and was highly overrated when it first came out. This just makes you look like a philistine. If you wanted to

go with a generic film masterpiece, why not go with "Citizen Kane" or "Casablanca". Or better yet, why not go with a critically acclaimed comedy, such as "Monty Python and the Holy Grail", to make it more fitting? Lastly, "Transformers" is a terrible comparison.

I didn't use any blatantly racist or ****ty jokes to try to appeal to the lowest common denominator. I also didn't use superfluous effects to try to distract you.

Would have voted #5, but then it got political at the end. Tough ****.

Great job ignoring 99% of the post to take the 1% out of context.

you ****ed up, heres a free dunce hat.

"Be happy"are the words you say, there is no one stronger, no one can replace you.

Ok a little more appreciation for Clip 5 as it seems to have edited to Audio from wrong things being wrong to them being right which was part of the joke, does help the clip.

Also it was Adam and Joe who did the song so has to be great by default....

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Cow View Post
    Would have voted #5, but then it got political at the end. Tough ****.
    Wasn't the intention for it to be political, but I can see where you're coming from. Was suppose to be the aftermath of the teacher teaching the kids opposite morals, you feel me?

I really liked the exhibition video. A shame you didn't meet the deadline.

Lots of arguing...

*BLEEP*, in the country of *BLEEP*, famous land of *BLEEP* and *BLEEP*

Well, there was a lot fine editing to be seen here, which is always nice to have. The jokes, though, eh... A bit too limp for my tastes, if you catch my drift.

That being said, though, I'm not gonna piss all over these clips. Unlike N.P.C.C, I'm not too much of an AMV purist, and I admit that I have a slight preference over a well-done light show that uses audio just to highlight the visuals than a clever joke with sub-par video editing, so this was overall a nice little treat for me. As a whole, though, I admit the contest could have used a bit more variety (*cough* or entries *cough*), which I'm guessing explains why so many people are taking a shine to the exposition AMV...

Bottom line: a bit lackluster, but a good effort nonetheless. Congratulations to whoever entered...

This post was typed before I checked the names of the editors. Didn’t want to play favourites with my critiquing:

Jem Is The Name, Outrageous Wrestling Is The Game

<sigh>
    Hardly any synergy at all; no comedy; barely even entertaining.
    If you’re going to overlay text- make it look appealing, please. Don’t use boring, default fonts with no flair… Woooooo!
    I don’t know if this is on you or not- but we can hear the start of the “but we’re the Misfits” bit of the Jem theme in some of the samples, like the one at 47 seconds.

As an entry for a comedy AMV contest, this is a real stinker.

JizzInMyPantsFinal

I’ll add to the chorus regarding the swag overlays. Obnoxious enough as they were- they were also out of sync with the video too many times to count.

You deserve to be flogged for this:

Technical issues aside- the video just dragged on way too long and didn’t entertain. Forgettable entry.

Panty & Stocking - Uncle ****er

Puerile, but that doesn’t really bother me so much.
    Lip sync needs work, and on that same token- the syncing to the farts could have also been improved. The pace of the animation fails to match the pace of the song most of the time.

When exactly did my avatar become a police badge? Alright, I got a kick out of that.

It would appear that whoever made this didn’t have access to “CitizenRoman_FINAL-zarx264gui.mp4” and had to settle for copying the video directly from the challenge round; this would suggest that the creator here is familiar with AMVHF politics, but most likely isn’t a member of… the circle. Sad.

Forgettable entry.

Redline Drift

This is an AMV contest, I expected an animated music video, not a trailer.
    You brought a cat to Crufts. Sure, one could argue that it’s a nice cat, but I paid to see dogs.
    Regardless- the editing job is fine, no complaints there. It just wasn’t anything particularly funny or interesting. Might have worked better as an AMVH short rather than a full, one-minute trailer.

I look forward to seeing what kind of dog you show us in August.

Understanding Right from Wrong

When you order the five entries by title, file size and date- you should see that this entry is shifted to the bottom of the list. Funny, it’s almost as if fate wanted this entry to be saved for last…

I’ll just go on record right now and say that ZombieMesh was and is an absolute nightmare to work with.
    She was constantly finding flaws in my editing, always demanding perfection according to her ridiculously high standards. In our creative discussions she would keep suggesting ideas way better than my own, and even when we were in the middle of working on the last great idea she came up with- she would come up with yet another even better one- forcing me to start my segments from scratch. The stress of the workload was breaking me, but she just kept on going and going, like some kind of AMV editing machine; it took all of my will power just to keep up with her. I’ve been crying myself to sleep for weeks.

Just bear that in mind if any of you are thinking of ever collaborating with ZombieMesh in the future.

it was Adam and Joe who did the song so has to be great by default
    Finally, you and I can agree on something 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Cow View Post
    #5 got political at the end.
    What? Do you think that casual murder, stabbings and threatening children with guns is morally questionable or something?

Bonus critique: Wrong Hole

The video is longer than it needs to be and the joke becomes a bit tiresome halfway through, might have been worth playing with the audio a bit and trimming out a verse for brevity. The dialogue at the start should have been cut completely.
    Still, your choice of scenes and shots were smart, and the video told a cohesive story.

This gets a certified “not bad” rating from me. Looking forward to your next contribution.

It makes sense that the community here isn’t adept at creating full-length AMVs for a single song or source. This is AMV hell after all; short and sweet is our niche. Still, one would have hoped for a little more participation…

Here’s hoping that the contest in August won’t be another one-horse race.

<Finishes typing and checks video credits>

…!?

Oh god oh god oh god disregard that, Boss, I suck ****s
    1. READ THE CREDITS. This idea has already been done. Be original.
    2. Congratulations, you can splice together footage of Chinese cartoons to ill-fitting music. Try adding a joke to your next clip, please.
    3. Stop quoting entire posts and or stop double-posting.
    4. Don't fade-out. It telegraphs the transition frame.
    5. Watch out for black-screen at the start/end. It looks amateur.
    6. You need to use better sources/ different render settings.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast