View Poll Results: Which video was the best?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Video 01 - Jem Is The Name, Outrageous Wrestling Is The Game

    1 2.50%
  • Video 02 - Jizz In My Pants

    3 7.50%
  • Video 03 - Panty & Stocking - Uncle ****er

    11 27.50%
  • Video 04 - Redline Drift

    6 15.00%
  • Video 05 - Understanding Right from Wrong

    19 47.50%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 106

Thread: The AMV Hell 2015 Comedy AMV Contest [WINNERS SELECTED]

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,499

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guthix View Post
    if it was more atractive it woulda won, yer in pathetic denial
    He probably just didn't want everyone know he is into cats. Yeah, that is it. He just went with the popular to avoid any backlash from the voters.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Wish i had a place to return to
    Posts
    8,436

    Default

    w/e helps you sleep at night.

    im genuinely interested what sad soul voted for entry nr 1 [well unless npcc lied], even the reviews say it stank.

    "Be happy"are the words you say, there is no one stronger, no one can replace you.

  3. #63

    Default


  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Clapistan
    Posts
    8,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thedarkmessenger View Post
    What makes you think I have a TV for anything other than game consoles? Literally nothing on TV that I can't get better (not to mention cheaper, even when not free....) on the internet.
    I thought you told me you watch basketball. Doesn't that have ads? I know you probably don't use the magick of adblock.

  5. #65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarxrax View Post
    *) Wrong Hole
    First off, it looks like the aspect ratio is squished. Shouldn't this be 16:9? The concept of this video is really cool. I've never watched the anime, but I'm pretty sure nothing about sex ever comes up in it. So managing to make a 4+ minute long video about anal sex using this footage took quite a bit of ingenuity I'm sure. However, this really isn't a 4+ minute joke. The video really felt like it was just dragging on and on, and it honestly got really boring for me. I think this could have possibly worked a lot better if it were around 2-3 minutes, max.
    Unfortunately I didn't realize what the aspect ratio of the AMV was until I went to go render and changing it at that point just wasn't an option. And since length is the main issue everyone had with my AMV then I'll explain why I used the full song. I didn't make this AMV specifically for this contest. I actually started on it last year but I just never got around to finishing it. Honestly the AMV didn't seem too long to me but to each his own. I've come to learn that the AMV Hell community likes their AMVs to be short and sweet or at least it seems that way. I appreciate the feedback and I'll take it into account if I enter anymore contests here.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    608

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieMesh View Post
    Clearly you have never listened to Harry Hill....also watching this clip...sums up this current situation well.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Behind you, with a knife
    Posts
    430

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarxrax View Post
    2) Jizz in my pants
    This was one of my favorite entries the first time I watched it, though on subsequent viewings the faults became more and more apparent. I thought the video was well put together for the most part, and big props to the creator for actually making a video of a decent length, rather than just barely going over a minute like most of the other videos. I really liked how the nosebleeds are used to demonstrate the jizz. The big downside for me is, like so many other people have already stated, the poorly added swag items. If only they were actually frame accurate, and tracks the motion of the characters, I think the video would have been a lot better. As it is, they are very distracting, and look amateurish. Same goes for the subtitles that come up in multiple situations. The editing is a mixed bag. While I like a lot of the scene choices, and they tend to fit the lyrics well for the most part, the synchronization felt off in many areas, such as when the lyrics say "jizz" but you wait like a second later before switcing to a clip showing a nosebleed. Also towards the end there were some clips of people just standing around and moving their mouths a bit, and I wasn't sure if that was supposed to be some half-assed lip-sych or not. Overall, I feel that this video had a great idea with a lot of potential, but it just felt unfinished.
    Cheers for the feedback. I'll admit I did have to rush it a bit at the end, so some bits are a bit sloppy. If there was more time, I would have patched it up a bit better, but I wasn't disappointed with what I did get done in the time frame. I may try and redo it it another time

    There was no attempt to lip-sync this, I would never have finished it. I also found out later, that the subtitle bit that chaz pointed out had english text on the phone in the japanese version (WTF?).



    Quote Originally Posted by SuperLoliSentai View Post
    Also, I didn't want to just repeat my argument about how Trailer AMV's are a thing to him when I already called out Pzykosiz for the same thing earlier in the thread.

    The name of the contest was COMEDY AMV. Have you not figured out what that stands for yet?

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    I D ho
    Posts
    7,519

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperLoliSentai View Post
    but you are the one that keeps coming back to my clip. Notice how you are the one that pointed out only my clip in Zarx's review?
    Because your clip's review was the only one I had comments on? Because I understood the joke in the other clips?

    It's not because I'm obsessed with your clip, it's because I had nothing to say about any of his other points on other clips. Or on your clip, for that matter. Notice how I only commented on that ONE point? (and there was more than one point I could've commented on if I felt the need) Notice how I didn't try to explain how he was wrong with his review? (only on why I didn't get the joke he was in on).

    *edit*
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperLoliSentai View Post
    Also, you questioned my intelligence because your ignorance to the source material made you not find any of the humor in the video.
    Lol..just....lol. So you're overly upset because someone on the internet called you stupid? Congratulations, retard, you're proving my ****ing point. Only stupid people get overly upset over being called stupid on the internet.

    Quote Originally Posted by Haar View Post
    I thought you told me you watch basketball. Doesn't that have ads? I know you probably don't use the magick of adblock.
    I do use the magic of adblock. Have been for quite awhile now. It's pretty much a requirement for being on the internet at this point.

    That, and the streams I use don't even play the commercials. They just go to a placeholder image until the game comes back on.
    Last edited by thedarkmessenger; 04-12-2015 at 01:41 AM.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,499

    Default

    Oh thank god, I was thinking you were going to run away like a coward again, I hate it when my toys do that.

    Quote Originally Posted by thedarkmessenger View Post
    It's not because I'm obsessed with your clip, it's because I had nothing to say about any of his other points on other clips. Or on your clip, for that matter. Notice how I only commented on that ONE point? (and there was more than one point I could've commented on if I felt the need) Notice how I didn't try to explain how he was wrong with his review? (only on why I didn't get the joke he was in on).
    Do it then, don't just say you could, numbnut. Do you even understand how to argue or debate or have fun? I can't point out how you are wrong on the same points over and over again, that **** gets boring. Give me more to work with! If you got more **** to talk then do it. You aren't too lazy to respond, so why not give me more. Explain why Zarx is wrong. This situation is turning out like that whole playing chess with a pigeon thing. Also, I am still waiting for you to even touch my earlier argument...

    Quote Originally Posted by thedarkmessenger View Post
    Lol..just....lol. So you're overly upset because someone on the internet called you stupid? Congratulations, retard, you're proving my ****ing point. Only stupid people get overly upset over being called stupid on the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperLoliSentai View Post
    That is just adorable.
    Quote Originally Posted by pzykosiz View Post
    The name of the contest was COMEDY AMV. Have you not figured out what that stands for yet?
    Oh look, tweedledum decided to come and play. The fact that you didn't think my AMV wasn't funny didn't even get brought up. You didn't mention that in your review. Seriously people, I can't keep going over the same points. I... I just give up. I'm not even enjoying this anymore.
    Last edited by SuperLoliSentai; 04-12-2015 at 04:55 AM.

  10. #70

    Default

    I agree with the results, but I think we should make another youtube announcement once the clip compilations are released.
    At least for the sake of getting more then 40 votes next time around.
    AMV Hellspawn
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Wish i had a place to return to
    Posts
    8,436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperLoliSentai View Post
    I'm not even enjoying this anymore.
    ...
    youre... not suposed to enjoy this...
    i mean, theres a number of people telling you that you missed the point of the contest. zarx said he found humor there, while the majority didnt, your entry being accepted can only be marked as zarx being human, as his humor doesnt realy match with the crowd.[if there were more entries with actual comedy, im pretty sure your skit would be rejected]
    theres no discusion to be had, all we can do is throw the same **** at your ignorance.

    "Be happy"are the words you say, there is no one stronger, no one can replace you.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,499

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guthix View Post
    ...
    You're... not supposed to enjoy this...
    I mean, there is a number of people telling you that you missed the point of the contest. Zarx said he found humor there, while the majority didn't. Your entry being accepted can only be marked as Zarx being human, as his humor doesn't really match with the crowd.[If there were more entries with actual comedy, I'm pretty sure your skit would be rejected]
    There is no discussion to be had, all we can do is throw the same **** at your ignorance.
    Hurray, I fixed it! Why wouldn't I enjoy this? Your "Zarx being human" argument makes me worry about you, Guthix. You do know you aren't really some ugly dancing red haired 3D ****, right? You are just a fat autistic foreigner that is less productive than Haar and hasn't shown any progress at mastering the English language. Unless you were trying to say Zarx is only a human, which means he made a mistake, but that doesn't really make sense with the second half of that sentence. Maybe you were trying to say Zarx is a individual, which makes more sense with the second half, however, this doesn't improve your argument because now you are using a bandwagon fallacy. Also, I am pretty sure Zarx wouldn't have rejected my clip because he was able to find humor in it. And I'm back to repeating myself...

  13. #73
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Swamps of Lithuania
    Posts
    7,161

    Default

    Wut Pinkie pie is doing there at the end of Uncle ****er video?

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    United States?
    Posts
    88

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Evileel View Post
    Wut Pinkie pie is doing there at the end of Uncle ****er video?
    It was a gif pulled from an entry in the final AMV Minis Challenge.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    6,605

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LawRayLiet View Post
    I agree with the results, but I think we should make another youtube announcement once the clip compilations are released.
    At least for the sake of getting more then 40 votes next time around.
    I will announce on youtube next time. This one was actually a bit of an experiment to find out how much this stuff was actually dependent upon youtube.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •