Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
Results 181 to 194 of 194

Thread: The Future of AMV Hell

  1. #181
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Whelp, it's been a good run. AMV Hell is actually what got me into anime to begin with, I wanted to contribute and picked up Azumanga Daioh based on the volume of content I'd seen others draw from it with the intention of adding to that pile. Predictably, I ended up getting sucked into it and began ravenously consuming shows. I did eventually submit a few clips (which Zarxrax unceremoniously binned ), but I found I enjoyed watching anime more that editing and began racking up hundreds of shows and sinking thousands of hours into it. So, thanks AMV Hell and all who worked on it, for being a gateway anime of the best kind.

  2. #182

    Default

    To be honest, it's times like this if we really enjoy this crazy wild ride, to be the ones to keep this roller coaster going.

    And to be honest I've discovered a metric f-ton of anime because of this. Let's keep the lights on, and thanks Zarxrax, for setting this off.

  3. #183
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cowtown, OH USA
    Posts
    136

    Default

    Hey guys. I know I really haven't been on here a whole lot in the last few years but since this seems as good as time as any to be all sappy I'm really going to miss the AMV Hell series. I kind of just stumbled upon it in college and some friends had heard of it so i gave it a chance and I truly fell in love with the style. Even though some of you (or all of you, whichever) talked them down or saying there was a lot of crap with a few hidden gems (if any) I thoroughly enjoyed all of them (except AMV Hell 6, we must never speak of the horrors). I enjoyed the community for all its good and bad and I truly can say I had fun whenever I was on this website. I know I never really created any content whatsoever, it's just not my cup of tea, I love watching all of the crazy and new things everyone created here. Most of the anime I watched was first sparked by the clips in the Hells and I never would have watched my favorite anime (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya) if it had not been for the abundance of clips involving the show. When I logged back on in the first time in a long time and saw this post I was taken back. I knew deep down that eventually this would die out but I always pictured this site and the promises of the new content to be here for whenever my heart drew me back. Whether realizing it or not (or if anyone would ever actually care) this place has been a sanctuary for me whenever I may have wanted to escape reality, have a good laugh or just bull**** with everyone in the chatbox. So from the bottom of my heart, I want to thank Zarxrax and everyone else for all their hard (or even anyone's half-assed) work, entertainment and conversation. It has meant the world to me. Thank you.

  4. #184
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    471

    Default

    But then again. Maybe it's not over.



  5. #185
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    I D ho
    Posts
    7,498

    Default

    *shudders*

  6. #186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thedarkmessenger View Post
    *shudders*
    That is the appropriate reaction.
    AMV Hellspawn 01 - Kickstarter
    AMV Hellspawn - Open For Submissions
    There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about.
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

  7. #187
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    I D ho
    Posts
    7,498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LawRayLiet View Post
    That is the appropriate reaction.
    *shuddering intensifies*

  8. #188
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,812

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LawRayLiet View Post
    That is the appropriate reaction.
    To help you remain tranquil in the face of almost certain death, smooth jazz will be deployed, in three, two, one...


  9. #189

    Default

    Zarxrax,

    I did read, and I know you're very hesitant about it, but the best possible thing for AMV Hell would be to pass the torch on to the next generation. Think about it, even after you shut the whole thing down, how long do you think the the silence will last? There will be younger Anime fans out there who will find this content. After that, they will be inspired by it, and would likely want to contribute to it, or at least try to make their own. Do you honestly expect them to respect your wishes, and not make AMV Hell 8, 9, 10, etc.? I certainly wouldn't. They will probably most likely make a few dozen knock-off AMV Hell YouTube accounts, and make four or five versions of AMV Hell 8. So what would be better: bastardized chaos or controlled order?

  10. #190
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    I D ho
    Posts
    7,498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnimeVision360 View Post
    Zarxrax,

    I did read, and I know you're very hesitant about it, but the best possible thing for AMV Hell would be to pass the torch on to the next generation. Think about it, even after you shut the whole thing down, how long do you think the the silence will last? There will be younger Anime fans out there who will find this content. After that, they will be inspired by it, and would likely want to contribute to it, or at least try to make their own. Do you honestly expect them to respect your wishes, and not make AMV Hell 8, 9, 10, etc.? I certainly wouldn't. They will probably most likely make a few dozen knock-off AMV Hell YouTube accounts, and make four or five versions of AMV Hell 8. So what would be better: bastardized chaos or controlled order?
    SSG is still around, and still talking about doing Hell 8. Zarx isn't the only "official" owner of the AMV Hell name.

    Besides, there will probably be people trying to steal the name regardless. Not like they can be sued over it, and I guarantee there's at least one person out there asshole enough to do it just for the sake of doing it.

  11. #191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thedarkmessenger View Post
    SSG is still around, and still talking about doing Hell 8. Zarx isn't the only "official" owner of the AMV Hell name.

    Besides, there will probably be people trying to steal the name regardless. Not like they can be sued over it, and I guarantee there's at least one person out there asshole enough to do it just for the sake of doing it.
    Yep.

  12. #192
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    1

    Default

    I'm sorry for bumping this thread, but I wanted to express my own thanks for the creators of, and all who worked on, the AMV Hell series.

    I found AMV Hell back in 2004 during my sophomore year of high school, and couldn't stop watching it. When The Motion Picture came out, my friends and I spent every day of the week watching it during lunch, using my new ipod video and a headphone splitter I found at a Radio Shack. This went on for about 2 years. We enjoyed it so much that we were able to recite it from memory, just by seeing the clips.

    Every time I hear Country Roads come on my playlists, I can clearly picture the credits sequence from AMV Hell 3, which is still an amazing sequence and an example of editing to me, to this day.

    I wanted to offer my thanks for helping me become close to my friends when I was a shy loner sitting in the lunch room.

    So, thank you. All of you.

  13. #193
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    471

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ssgwnbtd View Post
    But then again. Maybe it's not over.
    But then again. Maybe it's not over.



  14. #194
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Resembool
    Posts
    2,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ssgwnbtd View Post
    But then again. Maybe it's not over.

    Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanAlchemist2 View Post
    Every time I hear Country Roads come on my playlists, I can clearly picture the credits sequence from AMV Hell 3, which is still an amazing sequence and an example of editing to me, to this day.

    Yes, yes it is. Nice work on that SSG, btw.
    Last edited by ThatsNotMyName_studio; 04-05-2016 at 02:00 AM.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •