Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Future of AMV Hell

Reading the opening post reminded me of this:

As others have said, the writing has kinda been on the wall. That said, this was a great ride while it lasted and I am happy to have been a part of it. AMV Hell has been instrumental in honing my editing skills through the years and if nothing else, I am grateful for that. Thank you for putting up with my bull **** all this time Zarx, and everything else in between.

Edit: By the way, stop ducking me in smash!
    Last edited by N.P.C.C.; 05-04-2015 at 12:00 AM.

It's been a good ride, and it's been fun to contribute the last few months.
    It's disappointing to see our leader go, but I would hope the community sticks around.

Now lets kick this **** into overdrive and make the compilations ****ing worth it

It's been a long ride for me. I've been active on this site literally my entire adult life (and I believe 1 or 2 of my pre-adult years). Over those years, I've many faces come, and go. Some of them have even stayed for longer than a few posts! I've spoken with so many unique individuals, some of them even a little bit friendly. I've made some friends that I continue to speak with outside the forums, and I've met plenty of people I'll likely never see again. (some of which I wanted to befriend, but oh well. Friends also come and go, and life moves on regardless).

I've seen many great clips, and many not-so-great clips. I've seen many great spin-offs....and many not-so-great spin-offs. I've even tried to make a few clips myself....and largely failed. At least I learned my skills don't really lie with video editing.

Probably the biggest thing I've gained from AMV Hell over the years, is a tougher skin. I'm still not 100% perfect in that aspect, but I'm certainly not the same fragile flower I was when I first joined. It certainly wasn't an easy experience, but one that was certainly necessary one way or the other.

Overall, it's kinda sad to see the site finally starting to breathe it's last breath (imo), but it's also time. Things have certainly changed over the years, and this site has lived a longer life than so many other forums have.

I feel like this is a good time for me to finally say goodbye. Ever since the Comedy AMV contest, this site has only really seen activity in it's image/video dump threads and the chatbox. The AMV Hell ship is sinking, and I don't think anyone can save it. Maybe delay the inevitable for a bit, but I don't see it surviving much longer. I won't drop this site “cold turkey”, but I'll likely stay out of any major “discussions” *cough * ****fests *cough * and just lurk the image threads for a bit longer.

Goodbye, AMV Hell, and thank you for the necessary evil (with some fun times sprinkled in!) you've brought into my life. It wasn't always an easy journey, but I move forward with no regrets. You have all been the best “like a family, but also not even ****ing close” I've had in my life.

It has been a great ride, But sadly all good things must come to an end.
    lick,lick,lick,nom,nom,nom
    Head Maid of AMV Hell Cafe
    Jinzo64 On Youtube
    Jinzo64 On Vimeo
    Now on Skype Jinzo64.
    psn-sakurasakamoto

Well **** me sideways... It's been fun and I still think backmask is African American

Quote Originally Posted by PudPuller View Post
    Well **** me sideways... It's been fun and I still think backmask is African American
    I'll always be your ******, ******.

Quote Originally Posted by Backmask View Post
    I'll always be your ******, ******.

My history is watched Amv Hell 3 a lot in college when I was 17 and 18. Had a free hour or two so I would go to the library and watch Youtube, in 2006 youtube was still new and not the plethora of things to watch now, I mean....still Linkin Park videos set to Naruto.....

So I often watched Amv Hell 3,1 or 2 as it was a good time killer and my love for AMV's had bloomed since 2001 with Kazaa and limewire delivering AMVs to me (weirdly most were SSG's AMVs.....) so when AMV Hell 0, 4 and 5 happened I would stumble upon them a few months after release and go "oh cool!".

Found the Iron editor challenge and also the Minis series, when AMV Hell 6 was announced I ended up checking into the forums and seeing the progress. I wasn't really talking I kept saying "I would edit a clip but all I have is Window movie maker and I would be gutted for that.", I even submitted an Idea...which Inferno used in AMV Hell 7!! THE THIEVING BASTARD! I was even in a skype call a year later with him and Haar. Inferno goes "Akyho...you watched Guyver Bioboosted armour...the new one. right?" I said "yeah....." he then said "Do you know when they have that Zoanoid rock band play?" "oh uh yeah episode 24 I think....I suggested that scene for Amv Hell 6." he went "realy?"
    So for almost a week he downloaded ONE episode of Bluray Guyver for the footage because the only torrent was going super slow......

I watch Amv Hell 7 and see that clip....with monster mash. I later told him "That my idea for Amv Hell 6........" but the over all thing is....it was such a simple idea and I didn't make it, it doesn't matter. Still stole from me the bastard!

So Amv Hell 6 roughcut happened and......................yeah....I needed to talk when AMV Hell 6 rough cut FINALLY hit. Ripped it up clip by clip and about 90% of what I thought was **** was not in the AMV Hell 6.66 which made it way better as I watched everyone brain storm and make for it.

Wasnt till half way through Amv Hell Challenges I popped up and asked how to edit, Haar helped me with mostly his Copy pasta and soon I was making clips. Amv Hell 7 gets announced and I am friendly with most folks here and now able to make clips, my first clip I ever made I threw around in chatbox to be scrutinised and it was.....untill I cut it down and had a clip which had most folks going "Well its edited ok. just need get clean up the footage." follow another week and nope gave up never figured it out.... submitted the clip and was accepted I made three more all accepted (with varying degrees of impress from Zarx, with "eh...its ok" "I suppose this goes with the other one." "This is good." and "Glad this is something different.")

Which I still enjoy the fact the only way I could describe two clips was "My Grenade clip and my other grenade clip was accepted." which had folks wondering as they thought I was using the same footage and Zarx had went braindead.

So aside from ripping apart Amv Challenges and Amv Hell 7 while Haar shouted at me to watch Legend of Galactic Heroes. Was not involved in much else.....

*checks date*

Awww, ****.

Thanks for all the good times, Zarxrax!
    To help you remain tranquil in the face of almost certain death, smooth jazz will be deployed, in three, two, one...

That really sucks!

Despite that I don't really contribute to the videos or anything, this sire has really filled a void for me, a place that venerates irreverence but holds High and sometimes unobtainable standards on creative works. Nobody holds back, everyone seems to share more of some aspects of their personality than I imagine any of us would share with our coworkers or friends irl. Here, nothing is embarrassing except an embarrassingly made video, and I think that's beautiful.

It was awesome to rarely chat with y'all, to observe the personalities and dramas... it was fun being a wallflower here. I'm sorry I never got over my procrastination and laziness to actually make a video, despite a haar's advice and the many hours of examples. Thank you to all that DID make videos, I've laughed so much because of you.

Well ****. Where am I supposed to go now?

If any of you find something similar to this, take me with you!

I have an idea. Wherever zarx goes (he can't just stop thinking about amvs and all the other craziness!), we can just follow him, like crazy amv stalkers.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
    <MADEVIL> maybe you can steal the panties from the hobos

****, I don't really know what to to say to this. Well, here it goes anyways.

I'm actually kind of sad that this is happening, though I've seen that this site has been going down for a while. I'm gonna miss it all, as this is somewhat nostalgic from my weird awkward high school days. I still remember the day when a friend of mine showed me AMV Hell 2, and it was love at first site. I think it was that video that actually got me into anime, and made me realize that there was more out there than whatever was on Toonami and Adult Swim back in the day. It was the main inspiration that got me into editing. I know I've taken this place for granted, and I childishly thought that it would go on forever, but all great things must come to an end, I guess.

Well, I guess I should give my thanks, thanks to Zarx for creating this wonderful thing. Thanks to the other members and editors on this site for making some funny ****, and for sometimes making my day. It has been a fun, crazy, wild, sometimes painful, sometimes wonderful ride. I just hope the legacy of this place will live on, to see more Hell styled videos out there, or just some funny ****. Crap, I'm terrible at ending these kind's of things, but if American History X has taught me anything.... other than racism is bad..... it is to always end on a quote.

How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard. -Carol Sobieski and Thomas Meehan

Default Goal: Worthy Successors to AMV Hell!

I am shocked!

I really hoped you'd stay around at least long enough for one more season of AMV Minis!

Well, like they say, all good things must come to an end.

That said, I believe this is a cue for us to make an effort to fill the void that will be made by the departure of AMV Hell.

Don't hesitate to post links to any AMV Hell-style videos that you believe are worth it on the Other Videos section of the AMV Hell forums!

Those of us capable of making AMV Hell-style videos (I myself, I admit, am not one of them) should at least consider working on such videos!

I also hope this will encourage other AMV Hell-style series like AMV Heck, AMV Yume and AMV Insomnia to start putting out more videos!

The point is, just because AMV Hell has to end doesn't mean the same fate has to befall other AMV Hell-style videos!

Welp, I guess that's that. I'm gonna miss this place. I hoping to do one more thing for AMV Hell, but if that's the way it's going to be, so be it.

I still remember the first time I came across AMV Hell 3 during my tenure in college. Hell, I watched AMV Hell 3 and 4 during my past time after classes almost every afternoon where I have nothing to do.

Shame it had to be this way. Well, at least I learned some editing techniques that I can apply for my YouTube show.

I guess I have a couple of things to say.

First being a giant Thank You! to Zarxrax for allowing me to play in his sandbox.
    For me, It all started here:
    Spoiler!

I still feel that way. This has been a great time. I will still hold some hope that it doesn't all the way end....

Unfortunately, I don't think that Zarx's decision to fold has to do so much with a decline in Hell's viewers and participation so much as the
    frustration of trying to get the product published. Perhaps it is inevitable that this would come to end, but it looks like
    the current trend of overzealous application of infringement claims only hastened it.

If maybe some other avenue for publishing opens up soon (unlikely, as media is consolidating now) this, or something like this, could go on.

so anyone know the program used for editing I'm kind of interested?

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast