View Poll Results: Vote for Judges (Pick up to 3)

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Real Inferno

4 57.14%
  • SilentChaz

1 14.29%
  • Jinzo64

2 28.57%
  • itschickenscratch

0 0%
  • Shuiia

0 0%
  • Kaiju

0 0%
  • MADEVIL

0 0%
  • Akyho

0 0%
  • milleniummaster18

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: AMV Hell 8: Let's make it happen

Default AMV Hell 8: Let's make it happen

Alright, I'll take the initiative from the conversation started in the Future of AMV Hell thread, and actually start a thread dedicated to making this a reality.

From what I can see, several things are still in concept stages. With Zarx no longer at the helm, we're going to need to get some planning done for how we want to go about things, and the decisions will be left to the community at large. At this point, organization and a point-by-point list of items to decide I believe are necessary to get the ball rolling.

The primary issues that I've seen raised so far are:

1. Who will judge which clips are accepted? Will it be one person? A group? A group with one person in charge as a tie breaker? Will only the mods be eligible? Or can it be someone voted on by the community?
    2. What is the end product we want to make, and what format do we believe will best get us there? Do we want to give it a set release date as in the past? Do we want to change it up and use some other benchmark to decide when there's enough content, and let it just be polished until it's done?
    3. When do we start collecting clips? How will we handle the submissions?

I'm going to motion that #1 be addressed first. I believe we need to decide on our management for the project first so that we can have someone to set the guidelines on how we collect the remaining information (such as deciding what minor items deserve a vote by the community and which can just be executive ordered, how long and what format community votes are taken in, etc.).

I further motion we designate a panel of judges, a small, odd number, either three or five, that will be the deciders in how the project is organized and what clips are accepted, by simple majority vote. To split the workload up to a reasonable level, the judges would be able to designate additional people in charge of certain managerial aspects, (For example, placing someone in charge of promotional work; online announcements, trailers [real or fake], etc.), but voting power would remain with community designated judges. To keep things simple to organize, I move we designate three judges to start with. If this seems to be insufficient, we can raise a new community vote for additions as needed. As part of the motion, I move we have a week for nominating potential judges, each nomination requiring both a second and the candidate's acceptance. After the nominations are in, we then have a further week for voting via hidden poll, with the top three candidates being chosen.

Any additional thoughts, input, suggestions, questions? Let's get some dialogue started here, I want to see this **** happen, people!

[(D(>

****ing hell you're fast.

I'd say 'that's what SHE said', but no... no she didn't.

[(D(>

It might be a good idea just to do a simple vote the people 5 highest scores could be the judges as long they are willing to take the job of judge.
    lick,lick,lick,nom,nom,nom
    Head Maid of AMV Hell Cafe
    Jinzo64 On Youtube
    Jinzo64 On Vimeo
    Now on Skype Jinzo64.
    psn-sakurasakamoto

I could break down my reasoning for taking this approach with nominations and then votes further, but I'm just going to save time and come out that the format I'm proposing is closely following Robert's Rules of Order. They're standardized, familiar for most people, and have stood the test of time. Some adjustment is needed for a forum format, where one doesn't need to obtain permission to hold the floor, members are not all present at the same time, and there isn't a ruling committee in place now, but sticking as close to it as possible should help keep things orderly.

[(D(>

What I had in mind was something along the lines of setting up a submissions forum similar to what we have here. Then having a group containing 3-5 well respected editors to judge and make decisions collaboratively on current and future projects.
    AMV Hellspawn
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

I see. I will make a video featuring anime with different audio for AMV Hell. As you already know that, I just came up my idea for AMV Hell/Minis. Right now, I'm working on it.

Wait, what the **** happened today? What is this ****? Zarx's body isn't even cold yet and you guys are already raping the dead horse that he sired? Hmmm, I guess if you necrophiliacs start this now it will give you plenty of time to procrastinate.

Quote Originally Posted by LawRayLiet View Post
    What I had in mind was something along the lines of setting up a submissions forum similar to what we have here. Then having a group containing 3-5 well respected editors to judge and make decisions collaboratively on current and future projects.
    So just pander to the loudest individual that gets voted as a judge? This sounds pretty easy to me! Really though, I say don't have the judges views manipulated by a collaborative decision. Let them each critique the clips separately. If a majority likes the clip, then it is put in. Or better yet, they force the creator to do a second draft with critiques that parallel among the judges.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterChiefSnake View Post
    I see. I will make a video featuring anime with different audio for AMV Hell. As you already know that, I just came up my idea for AMV Hell/Minis. Right now, I'm working on it.
    Ok, you must use Google translate for your messages or something because this **** is somehow worse than Guthix.
    Last edited by SuperLoliSentai; 05-09-2015 at 02:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperLoliSentai View Post
    Wait, what the **** happened today? What is this ****? Zarx's body isn't even cold yet and you guys are already raping the dead horse that he sired? Hmmm, I guess if you necrophiliacs start this now it will give you plenty off time to procrastinate.
    My thoughts exactly. Not the brightest of lads, as always.

It's not too early to encourage a discussion about the transition.
    It's really time for something different, and this may just be a good opportunity.
    Perhaps a minis-challenge type contest for submissions.

Ok, you must use Google translate for your messages or something because this **** is somehow worse than Guthix.
    Alright, but I'm using English. I'm always using Google Translate. I lived in USA and I have graduated High School back in 2009. Sometime, I have problem with my grammar and the spelling error. Who the hell is Guthix? I've never heard of them. My idea is the scene from GinTama episode 201 where there is nasty left in the toilet that never flushed and the audio is from Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me where Austin Powers saw the nasty Fat Bastard's toilet and say "OMG! Fat Bastard Left A Floater!". I've seen GinTama episode 201 and Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me movie. Let me check the rules for AMV Hell/Minis right now. Going to repeat.
    Last edited by MasterChiefSnake; 05-09-2015 at 02:40 AM.

Supposedly English is his native language...

Interesting idea, and it could very well work. Keeping Hell alive this way would be good, since it has been more of a community driven project since AMV Hell 3. Maybe we should test the waters with another season of the Minis series, see how everyone handles the new system and such, instead of jumping straight into Hell 8.

Wait, what the **** happened today? What is this ****? Zarx's body isn't even cold yet and you guys are already raping the dead horse that he sired? Hmmm, I guess if you necrophiliacs start this now it will give you plenty of time to procrastinate.
    And when would be the best time to start then? After the interest has died off? After people have stopped paying attention because they know there's no new content coming out? After everyone has left and the body has gone cold?

No, we need to start now, strike while the iron is hot and people are still around and interested enough to consider the idea. Believe me, I've tried to get online communities back together after they've dispersed. It doesn't happen. Even if the forums stay online for years, that doesn't mean the user base will remain active. People need to be rallied now while they're still here. We may not even start on the project now, but we've at least got to get the discussion started on the groundwork now if it's ever going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsNotMyName_studio View Post
    It's not too early to encourage a discussion about the transition.
    It's really time for something different, and this may just be a good opportunity.
    Perhaps a minis-challenge type contest for submissions.
    I agree, valid point, perhaps we wouldn't want to go with a full length video first off, but start off smaller with something more akin to the minis as a trial run. Regardless, we'd still need to figure out who is going to manage the collection and how, so getting judges voted for I believe is still priority one.

Quote Originally Posted by LawRayLiet View Post
    I'm with Loli on this one, judging collaboratively will just invite more opportunity for messiness. Not to mention the judges would have to watch and discuss the videos together in real time to be most effective, and organizing those logistics would mean things would never get done. I say it's far better to have individual viewing and judgements, though I would say that commenting on the judgements would be encouraged, which could be given to the editor to either fix the clip or improve for the next one.

Good energy, hold on to that, but don't leap out the door just yet. We've got to get the logistics of the project organized before we can officially announce the start of it. Or, to hand it over to Professor Oak,

Go ahead and make your clip if you like, just realize we still need to discuss how we want to set things up before we can put it anywhere. Also,

Who the hell is Guthix? I've never heard of them.
    You lucky son of a bitch.

[(D(>

Quote Originally Posted by urahara1001 View Post
    Good energy, hold on to that, but don't leap out the door just yet. We've got to get the logistics of the project organized before we can officially announce the start of it. Or, to hand it over to Professor Oak,

Go ahead and make your clip if you like, just realize we still need to discuss how we want to set things up before we can put it anywhere. Also,

You lucky son of a bitch.
    Well thank you. This is my first AMV Hell/Minis without warm-up, prototype, and pilot. But please, don't use the offensive languages like the word "bitch" on me. Okay? I'm having social anxiety disorder. So my first AMV Hell/Minis is called OMG! Someone left a feces! featuring GinTama as anime and Mike Myers' quote from Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me as for audio. It is almost done now. I've also have YouTube channel. Here it is.
    Master Chief Snake's YouTube channel
    Last edited by MasterChiefSnake; 05-09-2015 at 03:33 AM. Reason: 75% of complete for my AMV Hell/Minis is revealed. Plus my YouTube account.

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast