View Poll Results: Vote for Judges (Pick up to 3)

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Real Inferno

    4 57.14%
  • SilentChaz

    1 14.29%
  • Jinzo64

    2 28.57%
  • itschickenscratch

    0 0%
  • Shuiia

    0 0%
  • Kaiju

    0 0%
  • MADEVIL

    0 0%
  • Akyho

    0 0%
  • milleniummaster18

    0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324
Results 346 to 354 of 354

Thread: AMV Hell 8: Let's make it happen

  1. #346
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Wish i had a place to return to
    Posts
    8,436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by urahara1001 View Post
    Welp, like I've said from the beginning, if it dies, it dies. I still hate to keep repeating myself, but each time it's been to make sure everyone knows my position hasn't changed.

    With a broken poll, candidates dropping like flies, a breakaway group of the most prominent people and, most importantly, general participant confidence tanking, I don't see that we're going to get anywhere else. I really do think this could have worked, and still do, if we had the right mindset going into it. I see a lot of people calling for a solid leader to have made this work; we aren't children though, we don't need a daddy figure holding our hands the entire way to say what needs to get done. Just because that's the way Zarx did it for all the years doesn't mean it's the only way reach the end goal. Indeed, I think that's the entire point he's making with the compilation contest. I know everyone here is capable of taking things into their own hands and getting things done as they are needed. What I see lacking is cohesiveness and willingness to work together. Yes, we're all massive dicks, we've established that. Dicks can still put aside their differences to accomplish a common goal if they really want to. Dicks we may be, but not teenage girls. So I suppose that's what's really killing things now; there aren't enough people who want to see this succeed, either due to a preference for their own goals, trolling for the sake of trolling, or just because there's someone else they don't want to see get ahead.

    And no one think that I'm mad or upset. I'm not. I've been fully prepared for the possibility of failure from the get-go as I made clear. I've got nothing more invested in this than time it has taken me to type my posts, and none of that was really any concentrated effort. Had I wanted to put more into it, I would have campaigned more for my own ideas to try and get people rallied behind them. As it is, I said what I thought but left the decision up to what was heard from the community's voice, and this is what I'm hearing now. And hey, if people do decide to prove me wrong and start organizing seriously on this project, I'll join in again. Until that point, I'm not going to push any more.

    Thanks to everyone who has participated and taken part seriously. I think we did still have some good talks and got a lot of important things worked out and established, for other projects if not for this one. If I can be of help in any other projects, please let me know. I still say I'm just a mediocre editor, but as events here show, I can organize and I can motivate (even if things ultimately failed here, it still got people talking).
    part of the failure is your halfassed effort.

    if the community had the drive you believe it could, you wouldnt even be needed to start things off.

    only reason im not supporting law is because he isnt taking the bull by the horns and jumps around the problem like ura. hell even if he was tyrant id be fine, if it meant things starting to roll and me not having to prey on others for entertainment. its either all or nothing
    Last edited by Guthix; 05-31-2015 at 08:13 PM.

    "Be happy"are the words you say, there is no one stronger, no one can replace you.

  2. #347
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    in my own little world
    Posts
    21,688

    Default

    Just to clarify since this project idea isn't running smoothly Law,Chaz and Inferno are planning to go off and become a judging panel for their own project, Which they would like submissions for.
    Awesome if you three go through with this idea, I wish you luck

    I made this, so I'm posting it.

    I'll upload and post my video tomorrow.



    I don't care if the statement below is more than 150 words.(arbitrary limit is arbitrary)

    You know what, I don't want this project to flop before it even got of the ground and you what it doesn't have to die.It can succeed.
    The community can make this is to something amazing, all we need to do is accept were not going to see eye to eye,We're not going to all be BFFs.
    We could do a test run with a mini hell 5-10 mins of footage.
    Then if it goes well we can try a bigger project like hell maybe 20-25 mins of footage. AMVHell CPV1 (Community project V1)
    I wanted to be a judge so I could help editors, give them constructive feed back editor to editor.
    Judge the clips through the eyes of the youtube,non editing audience that's the perception I want to bring to the judging panel.
    I want to judge videos on there creativity,quality,length and humor.


    With the way thigns are going posting my video and statement is probably pointless.
    But like I said I made it so I'm sharing it.

    personally I think gut's would make a good judge, he had some really helpful when he helped with me make an entry for amvhell 6 but sadly I couldn't improve the picture quality so it ended up being a part off amvhell school minis, It's the Haruhi Suzumiya, Clint Eastwood video.
    Last edited by jinzo64; 05-31-2015 at 09:01 PM.
    lick,lick,lick,nom,nom,nom
    Head Maid of AMV Hell Cafe
    Jinzo64 On Youtube
    Jinzo64 On Vimeo
    Now on Skype Jinzo64.
    psn-sakurasakamoto

  3. #348

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guthix View Post
    only reason im not supporting law is because he isnt taking the bull by the horns and jumps around the problem like ura. hell even if he was tyrant id be fine, if it meant things starting to roll and me not having to prey on others for entertainment. its either all or nothing
    I realize I may have worded a part of that last post not so well and have edited it now.
    The "discussions" I mentioned are taking place privately right now. Things are rolling in every sense of the word.
    Make no mistake, I'm pushing things forward from this point on.
    AMV Hellspawn
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

  4. #349
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    I D ho
    Posts
    7,519

    Default

    I look forward to what you, Chaz, and Inferno can come up with. I honestly believe you three have a much higher chance of success.

    Honestly, I think part of the reason this project failed is because it seemed to most like we were trying to take over the AMV Hell brand name....and for many of us we probably actually were trying to take over the AMV Hell brand name. As Law and others have mentioned, SSG is still technically the "owner" of the AMV Hell brand. I also believe Law when he says Zarx never actually intended us to take over. I still think the wording should have been better, but that's just a technicality, really. And frankly, I'm not sure we would have been able to choose another name for this project. It's not an impossibility, of course, but it is a high probability.

    I'm interested in seeing what happens with Law's leadership on this new project of his. I'm also interested in seeing if SSG ever goes forward with Hell 8....and if it ends up failing just as miserably as the Hell 6 rough cut....
    Quote Originally Posted by Guthix View Post
    part of the failure is your halfassed effort.
    As much as I hate agreeing with Guthix on just about anything, I have to agree with him here. Honestly, Ura, you came across to me as being a rather....reluctant leader. You've even outright said time and time again that you're not really even a "leader" at all, other than being the guy that poked us with the stick.

    You say we don't need to do things the way Zarx did....and you're absolutely right. But to say we don't need a leader at all whatsoever is outright BULL****. We may not need a leader that's 100% exactly like Zarx, but we still need someone to lead. At the absolute least, we need a leader for the sake of keeping things organized. At the absolute least. That, I think, is the biggest reason this whole thing failed. Our "leader" simply poked us with a stick, then ran off hoping the beast would somehow control itself. We need the stick poking, but we also need the tamer.

    And if you truly believe that all leadership is being a "daddy figure"....then I have to seriously question whatever leadership training you claimed you have gone through.
    Quote Originally Posted by urahara1001 View Post
    but as events here show, I can organize and I can motivate (even if things ultimately failed here, it still got people talking).
    Events here show that you're great at starting projects, but terrible at keeping things going. It's great that you got the boulder rolling, but why did you think it would roll perfectly fine on it's own when you were rolling it uphill?
    Last edited by thedarkmessenger; 06-01-2015 at 12:11 AM.

  5. #350
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Behind you, with a knife
    Posts
    430

    Default

    even if if you did fail ura, people got talking, and looks like something might come of it,
    even if it isn't how it was originally planned.

    full support to law, chaz and inferno, i think that might work better than what's been going here

  6. #351
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    I D ho
    Posts
    7,519

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pzykosiz View Post
    even if if you did fail ura, people got talking, and looks like something might come of it,
    even if it isn't how it was originally planned.

    full support to law, chaz and inferno, i think that might work better than what's been going here
    It's my impression that Law was planning to do his own project even before this thread was made. I could be wrong, though.

  7. #352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by urahara1001 View Post
    And no one think that I'm mad or upset. I'm not. I've been fully prepared for the possibility of failure from the get-go as I made clear. I've got nothing more invested in this than time it has taken me to type my posts, and none of that was really any concentrated effort. Had I wanted to put more into it, I would have campaigned more for my own ideas to try and get people rallied behind them. As it is, I said what I thought but left the decision up to what was heard from the community's voice, and this is what I'm hearing now. And hey, if people do decide to prove me wrong and start organizing seriously on this project, I'll join in again. Until that point, I'm not going to push any more.
    It just goes ahead and proves how much of this endeavor was about you and your lard-ass image rather than doing it for AMV Hell. You never had (or will have) much more regard towards the franchise than what you have for yourself. I'm sorry, did the community disappoint you, dear "Not totally the leader of this thing"? It doesn't work that way, urahara. They didn't teach you that in boy scouts?

    Quote Originally Posted by urahara1001 View Post
    I can organize and I can motivate.
    Basically, you'd been doing a lot of things a leader was supposed to be doing, except admitting you're in charge. Why? "Because I don't like people telling me what to do"? By the time Chaz (and Law, to a lower extent) started pitching in, everyone prostrated to his will, including yourself. So, that's certainly not it. The real reason was because that way you'd have a way to weasel out of this if it crashed and burned (like it did right now), while blaming the community, no less! Had you called yourself the leader of this thing explicitly, then your credibility would've been below the ground right now and you'd have no other option than swallowing your pride and taking responsibility for your actions, and you obviously can't have that. Rest assured, you're not getting away with this. Your head goes on the chopping block, and I'm making sure you don't ever get a second chance at ****ing things up.

    It's in the best interest of what's left of the AMV Hell community that you never occupy any sort of position higher than "contributor" in any AMV Hell or AMV Minis project from this point onward, and if circumstances led to you somehow managing to achieve this, said project shall not come to fruition. I'll personally make sure this is enforced, though I'm sure I won't have to bother much. After all, you did say you didn't believe in reunion tours, eh?

    As for Chaz and Law, good luck with your project. Make sure to play nicely and honestly, lads. I'll be watching you.

  8. #353
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Bolingbrook IL
    Posts
    636

    Default

    And this is exactly what I'm talking about. I never took up the mantle of leader because, from the way interpreted the message from Zarx, things were to be done as a community project, not just one person directing and truly taking leadership. I'm entirely capable of filling that sort of role, but that role was never offered to me. I have never admitted to being in charge because I was never put in charge. It wasn't a matter of being half-assed, it was a matter of not stepping over my bounds as just another person in the community voicing their opinion. I believed, and still do, that people here are capable of managing a project without one person sitting in the driver's seat. But it's clear, even more so now after the latest batch of comments, that no one here wants to take up that collective responsibility themselves, they would rather have someone at the helm. Whether that's because they want someone to point the finger at when things go wrong, or if they just think that actually is a better way of managing things, I can't say, but as I've said from the beginning, if that's what the community wants, then we'll go with it.

    Mil, to address your later comments specifically, I don't know what kind of clout you think you have to try and control what contributions I make to anything, but regardless I don't think you'll need to worry about taking any sort of action. As I've said before, I don't believe I'm any better than a mediocre editor, and I don't think I have the specific experience needed to take total control of a major project of the kind AMV Hell produces (yet another reason why I wasn't naming myself leader in the first place). Anything I would do for any future projects would be assistance as requested and accepted by whoever is heading it at the time. If you have a problem with that, then your arrogant ass can take it up with whoever is managing then and tell them why you know so much better than they do.




    [(D(>

  9. #354

    Default

    If no one else Ura, I appreciated the effort and thought some of the discussions were still worth having.
    Since this thread is about over with, I'm closing it.
    AMV Hellspawn
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •