View Poll Results: Vote for Judges (Pick up to 3)

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Real Inferno

4 57.14%
  • SilentChaz

1 14.29%
  • Jinzo64

2 28.57%
  • itschickenscratch

0 0%
  • Shuiia

0 0%
  • Kaiju

0 0%
  • MADEVIL

0 0%
  • Akyho

0 0%
  • milleniummaster18

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: AMV Hell 8: Let's make it happen

They just keep coming at random with no rhyme no reason

Quote Originally Posted by MADEVIL View Post
    They just keep coming at random with no rhyme no reason

as insane as SSG is, it's hard to tell if he's going to make a legit announcement after all these.

Or maybe everything he's been "announcing" so far has been "legit"? I wouldn't put it past him...

Alright, poll is up, getting this damn thing underway. I set the time as indefinite; results are public, so we can see who has and has not voted. We'll close it down when it's done. If you want to wait for videos and statements before voting, fine, just make a post that you're holding out. If you vote for more than three, all your votes get discounted. If we see non-active accounts voting, those get discounted. There aren't that many of us, so we should be able to self police.

[(D(>

not sure if the polls broken, but i just tried it and it only picked up one of my votes

same

I would ask any supporters of SilentChaz to hold on to their vote for a couple of days.
    I'm in... talks at the moment, and situations are likely to change.
    1. READ THE CREDITS. This idea has already been done. Be original.
    2. Congratulations, you can splice together footage of Chinese cartoons to ill-fitting music. Try adding a joke to your next clip, please.
    3. Stop quoting entire posts and or stop double-posting.
    4. Don't fade-out. It telegraphs the transition frame.
    5. Watch out for black-screen at the start/end. It looks amateur.
    6. You need to use better sources/ different render settings.

Know what..... my stomach is just dropping and I am feeling worse and worse as time goes on for many many reasons. Just take my name off the vote list now it seems you may have to remake it.

given the polls not working, as a backup, how about we just pm someone our votes and have them tally them up?
    the amount of voters shouldn't be too excessive

I see that working better than any idea we had about voting thus far.
    Also, I think it would be a good idea to make a thread or a news post properly announcing our goal to make our own project. Or well, actually this thread has been quite active in that part and I'm guessing anyone who wanted to be a part of this and be involved in it's process is already represented here in this thread.

So due to very recent complications, my internet is slowly slitting it's throat while laughing and smiling at me, and I think that's a pretty good reason to have to say that I'm sorry but I'm out. Maybe when the polls are fixed for the voting, they can also be changed to take me off the docket.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentChaz View Post
    I would ask any supporters of SilentChaz to hold on to their vote for a couple of days.
    I'm in... talks at the moment, and situations are likely to change.
    So basically you're getting cold feet and are about to back out like everyone else. Got it.

Interesting how quickly interest died. It's like everyone was expecting us to magically start being BFF's with each other for this project, only to back out when they found out reality isn't so kind. It wasn't the community that killed this project, it was everyone falsely assuming the community would change. I know we could've pulled this off had we just dealt with being the assholes we always were. Instead we magically started expecting love and kindness...

At least the ride is fun, even if it is on the verge of crashing horribly. I'll stick with it to the end, if nothing else than for the entertainment.

And yes, even I've given up on the project now. Not disappointed that we at least tried, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Guthix View Post

bigest flaw of democracy is when its majority is retarded, it makes the whole system useless. future ****fest might be entertaining though...
    this is why contenders are droping like flies, this is why i said to make a project you need the leader [ which none of you are ], this is why this lil shindeg will fail. actualy... its already failing.

"Be happy"are the words you say, there is no one stronger, no one can replace you.

Quote Originally Posted by Guthix View Post
    this is why contenders are droping like flies, this is why i said to make a project you need the leader [ which none of you are ], this is why this lil shindeg will fail. actualy... its already failing.
    In other words this.....

I've been in talks with Inferno and Chaz for a little while now.
    We've been talking about breaking away and just starting an original project together. With the poll being messed up and so many more dropping out, this is a good time to announce it.
    I've never been comfortable with trying to take over the AMV Hell name. Since the beginning I've been trying to push for a Minis type series to give SSG enough time to announce an 8th himself and show people there's no need for the takeover.
    But since we're not planning to take over AMV Hell, it doesn't make much sense to allow the community to decide the judges. In fact, it never really made sense at all.

All I want to do is keep up a steady project for those who are still interested in the AMV Hell genre to have something to contribute to, discuss and enjoy watching. I know with Chaz, Inferno and I we can do that and do it well.
    The 3 of us will be in discussion further on whether we'll add more judges, what the project name will be and other details. All that information will come to you all with an announcement thread at a later time though(hopefully sooner rather then later).

I think this is all for the best and I'm hopeful we'll find support when submissions open, to make the first release a success.
    Last edited by LawRayLiet; 05-31-2015 at 10:00 PM.
    AMV Hellspawn
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Welp, like I've said from the beginning, if it dies, it dies. I still hate to keep repeating myself, but each time it's been to make sure everyone knows my position hasn't changed.

With a broken poll, candidates dropping like flies, a breakaway group of the most prominent people and, most importantly, general participant confidence tanking, I don't see that we're going to get anywhere else. I really do think this could have worked, and still do, if we had the right mindset going into it. I see a lot of people calling for a solid leader to have made this work; we aren't children though, we don't need a daddy figure holding our hands the entire way to say what needs to get done. Just because that's the way Zarx did it for all the years doesn't mean it's the only way reach the end goal. Indeed, I think that's the entire point he's making with the compilation contest. I know everyone here is capable of taking things into their own hands and getting things done as they are needed. What I see lacking is cohesiveness and willingness to work together. Yes, we're all massive dicks, we've established that. Dicks can still put aside their differences to accomplish a common goal if they really want to. Dicks we may be, but not teenage girls. So I suppose that's what's really killing things now; there aren't enough people who want to see this succeed, either due to a preference for their own goals, trolling for the sake of trolling, or just because there's someone else they don't want to see get ahead.

And no one think that I'm mad or upset. I'm not. I've been fully prepared for the possibility of failure from the get-go as I made clear. I've got nothing more invested in this than time it has taken me to type my posts, and none of that was really any concentrated effort. Had I wanted to put more into it, I would have campaigned more for my own ideas to try and get people rallied behind them. As it is, I said what I thought but left the decision up to what was heard from the community's voice, and this is what I'm hearing now. And hey, if people do decide to prove me wrong and start organizing seriously on this project, I'll join in again. Until that point, I'm not going to push any more.

Thanks to everyone who has participated and taken part seriously. I think we did still have some good talks and got a lot of important things worked out and established, for other projects if not for this one. If I can be of help in any other projects, please let me know. I still say I'm just a mediocre editor, but as events here show, I can organize and I can motivate (even if things ultimately failed here, it still got people talking).

[(D(>

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast