View Poll Results: Vote for Judges (Pick up to 3)

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Real Inferno

4 57.14%
  • SilentChaz

1 14.29%
  • Jinzo64

2 28.57%
  • itschickenscratch

0 0%
  • Shuiia

0 0%
  • Kaiju

0 0%
  • MADEVIL

0 0%
  • Akyho

0 0%
  • milleniummaster18

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: AMV Hell 8: Let's make it happen

Quote Originally Posted by MasterChiefSnake View Post
    Okay. Thanks man. ありがとう (Arigatō) = Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterChiefSnake View Post
    Well, I don't like peoples who calling me an any offensive languages like the world "****". It is not nice to me and make me sad, angry or fear unless you said good with offensive language as explain to me (just like "Death Note is ****" which I gave negative on him before turns out to be joke and he love Death Note which mean **** = Awesome as for a example).
    You and me, we're not going to get along. (also it's "is THE ****", everyone would assume "is ****" is negative)

In any event, I'm all for a new project of some sort. I think judging the clips should be just like the first two seasons of minis. Having some constructive criticism from multiple sources is very useful, for newbs learning and making the project better as a whole.

And finally, to no one in particular, ****ing **** **** whore waffle.
    'Twas grief enough to think mankind
    All hollow, servile, insincere;
    But worse to trust to my own mind
    And find the same Corruption there.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperLoliSentai View Post
    In all honesty, this might not be the community for you. This group is known for breaking people with less than thick skin. *cough*CitizenRoman*cough*
    That or you embrace the community and you adapt to become just like it.

Also Social Anxiety Disorder excuse for your own thin skin on the internet is bull****. And this is coming from a faggot with actual autism.
    Last edited by Kaiju; 05-09-2015 at 09:47 PM.
    My dA (Warning slightly NSFW) : http://kaijulord.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiju View Post
    Also Social Anxiety Disorder excuse for your own thin skin on the internet is bull****. And this is coming from a faggot with actual autism.
    as another "faggot with actual autism", I second this statement.

Quote Originally Posted by thedarkmessenger View Post
    as another "faggot with actual autism", I second this statement.
    I'm spartacus! I mean I am autistic!

Anyways jibes aside.

Copy pasted from the future of AMV Hell threat as its kinda bogged down with who is the actual leader.

Ok so reading up I think this might be the better idea to form. We have just got AMV hell 7 out under Zarx's banner. Any AMV Hell 8 made by the community with out Zarx's or SSG as heads is going to have teething problems which would hamper any deadlines produced.

Followed with we do not know how filled for content 8 may get. So how about this 6 to 12 months no deadline (but with advertisement or something) this is enough time to work out teething issues and even change stuff and also look at the content submitted, then put a deadline on submissions (could be a month from then or 5 months, depends on how folks feel), one part to kick some folks butts into gear and also allow those who will edit it get prepped for the deadline date then edit the project. Test run it little and release.

In theory, I mean with AMV Hell 7 not that long ago out, Amv Hell 8 has a cushion of at least 1 year from now with the option for 2 years.

Actually with the comedy compilation August 1st, to the outer world doesn't matter its not AMV Hell officially just a weird competition. However AMV Hell 8 with a shorter deadline E.G 7 months is really gonna **** that up, so with a long time or no offical deadline then people who entered can recover and submit for amv hell 8.

A big complaint for folks making AMV Hell 7 clips was "I am burnt out from saving that wreck of AMV 6." which was about 8 months or so before submission ended and resulted in a few months before release, so came to about a year since AMV Hell 6.66 happened. Which was a bit harsh for those who really busted there ass for AMV Hell 6. So I further throw my confidence in unofficially 1 year and maybe officially 1 1/2 years to 2 years before finishing the project up.

Also someone tell inferno as I am sure he will want to weigh in and make some changes he has thought AMV Hell should do for some years now.
    Last edited by Akyho; 05-09-2015 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiju View Post
    he also claimed to be autistic. I have a hard time believing anything he has ever said. I even looked at his net activity and he does this kind of **** in a multitude of places.
    Also needless to say claiming that any condition prevents you from doing anything is bull****. People born without arms can still function like any other person and people with half their brains missing can still perform complex tasks. I knew a girl who is dyslexic but could still spell and write better than any of her classmates. Even ended up doing some outrageous **** in university and a former ethics teacher of mine also was dyslexic as **** and ended up studying philosophy at University level. One of the most BASED teachers I ever had mind.
    He is a Starcraft nut and told us about how he convinced his girlfriend to allow him to have a figure of Sarah Kerrigan under the christmas tree looking down on his girlfriends' christmas crib. Promptly showed him Persona and told him that he should play it. After that I had to go to a lecture and he had to head back to his office and on the way there we talked about MGS.

...should've asked him for his gamertags.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuiia View Post
    Also needless to say claiming that any condition prevents you from doing anything is bull****.
    Exactly. Having Asperger's makes it harder for me to communicate, but that doesn't meant it's literally impossible for me to put together coherent sentences. If you use your disability as a crutch, you'll never accomplish anything that you otherwise could have. Plenty of people with varying levels of autism/forms of autism have managed to accomplish great things regardless of their mental health issues.

And then there's plenty of idiots that just want to play "victim" their whole life....

Enough talk. I have supporting for autism and I did charity for autistic by playing the hard game and do speed run. My percentage for autistic is 20% according to doctor. Remember the anime show called Welcome to the N.H.K. where the main character is hikikomori? Hikikomori is a people who diagnosed with pervasive developmental disorders and autism spectrum disorders including Asperger syndrome and social anxiety disorder that the people want to stay home (as sloth) and also hates of outdoors. There is another anime that may somewhat similar to autistic is WataMote who has problem with social anxiety. Tomoko the main character has diagnosed with social anxiety if you compared to hikikomori including Welcome to the N.H.K. anime and manga. I have Welcome to the N.H.K. light novel, but I couldn't finished whole book. I'm stopped by chapter 3 (I think), but I will keep continuing to read Welcome to the N.H.K. light novel book. So let's talk about upcoming AMV Hell 8. I have to start all over because I messed up the video. Don't worry, I will finishing and upload on YouTube first before send my AMV Hell/Minis video to you.

Talk about a lot of horse****.

Okay, getting back on topic, what I'm hearing most loudly is that we may not yet be ready to put out a full project, and that people would prefer to do something smaller scale comparable to the minis as a test run. I'm also hearing that most people seem to be in favor of the idea of multiple judges, with some differences in opinion as to how many.

If these sound like fair summaries, then I propose we move on to actually nominating judges so that we can get an official list of people who are A) interested in managing a project and B) have at least some community support. The project we will eventually put together can be decided on after our judges have been elected. Once we have our list of candidates, we (probably I, since I started this one) can get a thread with a poll just for the voting. We can also continue the discussion on how many judges to pick from the popular vote more intelligently in this thread once we know how many candidates there are (no sense in deciding on 5 openings when we only have 4 people running, for example). Whatever number we decide, we'll take that many of the candidates in order of popular vote. To get a date and time set for it and to allow a bit more discussion beforehand, I would plan to "open the floor" for nominations starting at 12:01 am Central Time (since that's my time zone) on Wednesday the 13th, and leave it open for one week (ending 11:59 pm CST Tuesday the 19th), opening a thread with a poll for the votes immediately after. Unless I hear dissension from that idea before then, this is what I will plan on.

Does that sound agreeable to everyone?

[(D(>

Quote Originally Posted by urahara1001 View Post
    Okay, getting back on topic, what I'm hearing most loudly is that we may not yet be ready to put out a full project, and that people would prefer to do something smaller scale comparable to the minis as a test run. I'm also hearing that most people seem to be in favor of the idea of multiple judges, with some differences in opinion as to how many.

If these sound like fair summaries, then I propose we move on to actually nominating judges so that we can get an official list of people who are A) interested in managing a project and B) have at least some community support. The project we will eventually put together can be decided on after our judges have been elected. Once we have our list of candidates, we (probably I, since I started this one) can get a thread with a poll just for the voting. We can also continue the discussion on how many judges to pick from the popular vote more intelligently in this thread once we know how many candidates there are (no sense in deciding on 5 openings when we only have 4 people running, for example). Whatever number we decide, we'll take that many of the candidates in order of popular vote. To get a date and time set for it and to allow a bit more discussion beforehand, I would plan to "open the floor" for nominations starting at 12:01 am Central Time (since that's my time zone) on Wednesday the 13th, and leave it open for one week (ending 11:59 pm CST Tuesday the 19th), opening a thread with a poll for the votes immediately after. Unless I hear dissension from that idea before then, this is what I will plan on.

Yeah. You heard him. Back in this topic. So I must fix my video about GinTama - OMG! Fat Bastard Left A Floater! (the sound from Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me). I'm working on it.

> no expierience/skill requirement to be a judge

bigest flaw of democracy is when its majority is retarded, it makes the whole system useless. future ****fest might be entertaining though...

"Be happy"are the words you say, there is no one stronger, no one can replace you.

What if? Now dont kill me over this for what I have to say....but......what if you have 3 or 5 judges then vote like pop Idol or the voice or Britain's got talent?

With the aim to make clip owner's anonymous for the judges and just judge the clip, the clip thread is a poll thread with yes or no (maybe a maybe option?) and majority wins. With options for comments to the clip (ala Zarx's old method of "this is good" or "Make it longer" simple quality assurance comments not "This would be better if you edited it to make the other character the idiot." instead more technicals feedback e.g "You need a better quality clip, here is a source. as of now the clip has potential just clean it up." stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by urahara1001 View Post

Sounds splendid to me. First time I've seen some form of a plan that I can actually see working and being a logical first step. Or maybe I haven't been reading much of this thread.
    On another note, whilst this is a good idea I can't help but feel that we might have too few active members to make this work. For example, say we have 20 or so active members who want to contribute to this next thing we're doing and 15 or so of them put themselves up for judge duty.

Well, I guess it's not that bad considering but still. Could be a problem.

If everyone that is active wants to run for judge duty and can get a second, that's fine, we'll just have that many candidates. We'll just need to construct the vote so that we don't end up with everyone just voting for themselves and putting us in deadlock. The specifics of this will depend on how many candidates are running, of course, but my initial plan is to allow three votes per voter, since we all seem to agree that this is the minimum we should have. Even if we decide to use more judges, more votes available should mean we end up with a wider split, and we'll have less likelihood of running into ties. Again, this will have to be finalized based on the number of candidates and further discussion here, but that's my starting plan.

[(D(>

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast