View Poll Results: Which videos were the best?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • [Woy] Petites Videomations - uncharted.mp4

38 47.50%
  • A Prelude To The Mad House.m4v

17 21.25%
  • Abaddon by MarkSoupial.mp4

31 38.75%
  • Amv Compilation X.mp4

10 12.50%
  • AMV ****ery.mp4

28 35.00%
  • AMV_24-7.mp4

60 75.00%
  • AMVHades-Malcolm.mp4

22 27.50%
  • AMVRIP.mp4

31 38.75%
  • AMVsickness.mp4

9 11.25%
  • Crack.mp4

5 6.25%
  • Fear&AMVs.mp4

15 18.75%
  • jtheadeptrogue compilation.mp4

6 7.50%
  • Kaptain K Rool's Crazy Crew.mp4

2 2.50%
  • Legacy Of Pain **** Eater.mp4

1 1.25%
  • Operation_ AMV mind****.mp4

14 17.50%
  • PinkElephantParade.mp4

19 23.75%
  • ShortStack-amvh.mp4

4 5.00%
  • TheBlackBox.mp4

3 3.75%
  • Unlimited AMV Works.mp4

18 22.50%
  • untitled project.mp4

8 10.00%
  • Yelrah's AMV Complete.mp4

13 16.25%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: AMV Hell Clip Compilation Contest [NOMINATION VOTING]

The poll should be fixed, and you should be allowed to vote for multiple options now. However, I have had to delete the existing votes, but there were only a handful. Please vote again if you had already done so.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarxrax View Post
    The poll should be fixed, and you should be allowed to vote for multiple options now. However, I have had to delete the existing votes, but there were only a handful. Please vote again if you had already done so.
    Thanks, voted successfully now.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinnyCat View Post
    Fear&AMVs: Same intro problem. Lipflap abounds (as in talking when shouldn't) and lipsync is off. Clips are meh for laughs and slow when should be fast etc
    Yeah, never got around to an intro or perfecting the lipsyncs. I was busy attempting to move overseas. I also knew about audio issues that I never got to fix. I still feel I gave a decent set.

currently in the process of downloading.

If you'd like a youtube link for my video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJ9yYq7GoaA

and the clean version of the credits:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBiCi75a-ks

also text credits
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by pzykosiz; 08-09-2015 at 12:58 AM.

[Woy] Petites Videomations - uncharted
    ****ing brilliant you got my vote.

A Prelude To The Mad House
    A lot of it was good a lot of it was bad.

Abaddon by MarkSoupial
    nothing much to say about this one. A few good clips but overall bland. Don't know if I'm the only one but I had a lot of audio skipping issues.

Amv Compilation X
    Exactly as expected Jinzo.
    Also
    >you're special skill
    Please let this be a joke.

AMV ****ery
    Was alright, some clips dragged on too long. Which is pretty amazing considering it's under 5 minutes long.

AMV_24-7
    A lot of these were good but some fell flat and overall I think it suffers from overediting a bit.

AMVHades-Malcolm
    Not that good. Transitions were nicely done.

AMVRIP
    Pretty damn good boys.

AMVsickness
    The majority of clips fell flat and then there's the quality issues.

Crack
    Just...what?

Fear&AMVs
    Fell flat, shame a lot of it had something going for it.

jtheadeptrogue compilation
    could've been worse.

Kaptain K Rool's Crazy Crew
    Nope, just nope.

Legacy Of Pain **** Eater
    I actually got so bored watching this I checked my phone during this. Also in the end, why not just use the song instead of utilizing the CSI edit then switching over to the full thing?

Operation_ AMV mind****
    This one actually managed to piss me off somewhat.

PinkElephantParade
    Was alright, could've been better in the sound and video quality though.

ShortStack-amvh
    video quality, you're missing half your credits and just...well pretty much everything else.

TheBlackBox
    Pretty much nothing worked in this.

Unlimited AMV Works
    Christ you REALLY love Zarx huh? Furthermore with your clips, nice ideas a bit flat execution.

untitled project
    No comments for obvious reasons. If there are any takers I can provide with a slightly improved version I finished shortly after handing this in.

Yelrah's AMV Complete
    Some clips were pretty good but just...it missed too much.

After watching everything, I'd be surprised if two of the compilations don't get a landslide amount of votes during the nomination round; the difference in quality of the products is just immense.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuiia View Post
    ShortStack-amvh
    video quality, you're missing half your credits and just...well pretty much everything else.
    Yeah, the credits and timing got smushed down in the reformat. That's what I get when you try to squeeze a 600mb AVI into a 54mb mp4. Either way, it doesn't seem to be in any shape to get into the next round anyway.

I ended up voting for about half of your guys' entries. I'm not at all nitpicky for video quality, and I'm a sucker for well-placed music, so I'm thinking well done for the lot of ya.

"Entertainment and amusement; are you familiar with either of these terms? This was a marvellous waste of time. I hope you misplace a step whilst walking down some stairs for this… but not actually fall down the stairs- just get a mild scare from the experience, forcing you to reflect on your decision to submit this worthless entry."

I can't.

Yeah I knew mine wouldn't be the greatest, especially when you compare it to some of the others. I did the best I could at the time and I'll always have room to improve.

Overall I did see time and effort put into these videos and some were good, and some were bad, and some gave me a headache.

Hope everyone had as much fun as I did!

Default super-special-awesome reviews of supreme reviewing.

1. [Woy] Petites Videomations - uncharted
    This is a compilation done right. It was especially nice seeing English subs for those that don't speak French. It was pretty amazing what you did with your theme. My only 2 major(ish) complaints would be the lack of credits, and one of the subtitled clips (a Trigun one) had French subs.

2. A Prelude To The Mad House
    Overall pretty decent. That last clip overstayed it's welcome by quite a bit, though. Didn't really enjoy the opening bit that much, but it certainly could've been a lot worse. Didn't really feel that self-promotion bit at the end, either, but the end credits themselves fit pretty well.

3. Abaddon by MarkSoupial
    Took me almost half the video to realize there was a transition at all. It's nice that it's not super-distracting from the main content, but it didn't work well with transitioning the clips, which is pretty much the sole job of a transition in the first place. As for the clips themselves....they were alright. Nothing real fantastic, but at least I didn't throw up. Not really sure what you were going for with the opening and ending.

4. Amv Compilation X
    Well.......you tried? I feel like you had some good ideas here, but really sloppy execution. Perhaps it would be better if you found someone who could do the editing for you?

5. AMV ****ery
    This....was pretty terrible. There were one or two places where you almost got a chuckle from me....but that's the best you managed. almost.

6. AMV_24-7
    At least you guys manage to complement your egos with clips that are actually good.

7. AMVHades-Malcolm
    This is the perfect example of "just because it's different, doesn't mean it's good." transition was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too distracting. Clips were pretty ****ty overall.

I'm glad you tried to be unique, but next time remember this:

8. AMVRIP
    Decent....but that's about it. Certainly not Haar's best work, and the other two didn't exactly raise the bar yourselves.

9. AMVsickness
    What's with all the piss-poor video quality? Some of the jokes were good, but all were ruined by piss-poor quality. I expected better from you, Hoso. This is not the work an AMV Hell veteran should be putting out. How do you not know how to get high-quality sources by now?

10. Crack
    Go back to youtube. That's the best thing I can say about this.

11. Fear&AMVs
    eeeh......not really great. A few clips that were semi-decent, but none were actually good.

12. jtheadeptrogue compilation
    see above....although yours was even worse.

13. Kaptain K Rool's Crazy Crew
    talk about bare minimum....

Put some actual effort in next time. Or any effort at all, for that matter.

14. Legacy Of Pain **** Eater
    Ended up skipping this one. Watched the opening....and I wasn't feeling it.

To be fair, video game skit videos always feel....kinda weird to me. Game animation just doesn't work well for this sort of thing, IMO.

15. Operation_ AMV mind****
    Overall, a really poor compilation. And no, not because of the ponies (althought that didn't exactly help)

16. PinkElephantParade
    Eh....not really feeling this one. Not the worst of the bunch, at least.

I do love that ending song, though.

17. ShortStack-amvh
    I really didn't like your transition at all. The clips themselves weren't that great, either. And why do the credits start at clip 5?

18. TheBlackBox
    Transition was WAAAAAAAAAAAAY too distracting. And do we really need to be constantly reminded what we're watching? No, no we don't. Especially when the clips are so poor. All those Pokemon clips overstayed their welcome. Not just as a running joke, but as individual clips as well. It's obvious you barely put any effort into this.

19. Unlimited AMV Works
    Nothing really stood out to me, but at least you actually put effort into it.

20. untitled project
    You're opening overstayed it's welcome by quite a large margin, and quite a bit of the text throughout ended up off-screen. Overall I didn't enjoy this compilation, but I did love seeing that Sky Crawlers/Ace Combat clip (even if there was no humor in it).

Humor obviously isn't your thing, Shui. Rather than make anything for Hellspawn, perhaps you should just focus on these art projects of yours? You'll find much more success doing what you're actually capable of doing.

Also, I have to ask....and be perfectly honest with your answer: does "untitled project" actually have some hidden meaning, or was that legit you just being a lazy ****er?

21. Yelrah's AMV Complete
    I'll admit I was pretty tired when I got to this point....but this gave me no reason to wake back up. Poor compilation.

Overall, I'm disappointed how few actually put forth good effort into an opening and ending. Too many of you just outright skipped them.

Out of 21 compilations I only found 4 that were worth throwing a vote at. Although to be fair, I was actually expecting a LOT worse than this, so I guess that's still an accomplishment of sorts?
    Last edited by thedarkmessenger; 08-09-2015 at 04:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thedarkmessenger View Post
    one of the subtitled clips (a Trigun one) had French subs.
    Yeah, that really threw me off at first but I suppose it made sense given it was actually in English with a heavy French accent. Overall this entry surprised me in a good way and was also one of the few I liked.

thank goodness one can unvote, I didn't notice at first the Multiple Choice Poll.

I think we all struggled a lot with this challenge. Because we were trying to emulate a lot of factors that just aren't easy to build into. It's simply easier to take a large number of AMVs reduce them into a solid "AMV hell". It's easier to trim fat then to build structure. So I'm going to try and give a little friendly perspective.

Collectively we struggled with the intros and endings. And I think this is because the intros and endings of AMV hells have been amazing and memorable. So there is a perception that intros and endings are essential to the format. But I was a little disappointed that some people had the intro/credits be a huge chunk of run-time. It's nice having a full length AMV as the intro/credits after a long set of clips, but the intro/credits should not be the main attraction of what is a variety clip show.

Pacing was something that was awkward as well in a lot of entries. I have to admit I think the biggest flaw with the AMV 24-7 was the restriction of 7 seconds. I could see the flow improving by mixing up the lengths, simply because some felt drawn out and a few felt short. This also relates to how transitions were designed. A Prelude To The Mad House had something I just wasn't expecting, transitions as content instead of purely resets. Personally I found it jarring, but I can understand the motivation behind them. And I think the transition choice in Abaddon were just a little to fast paced and didn't give the proper reset message. I actually think the way the transition worked I instinctively blinked during them. I ended up confused thinking two amvs were connected somehow on multiple occasions. I just wasn't seeing the transitions as full breaks between clips. Another thing that is subtle is just being careful about putting a set of short or long AMVs together. It's nice to stagger very short and longer ones and vice versa, but this is flexible.

Variety was unsurprisingly an issue. Amv Compilation X suffered mainly from having too much Lucky star overall. I think a collaborator would have greatly improved it just with a few AMVs to break up the lucky star. Actually if Blackbox and AMV Compilation X were strategically combined it would make for a much better set without actually needing more content. Sometimes variety just had to do with arrangement. It's just not ideal to place two AMVs next to each other when they have the same source material. Crack was pretty bad about this and it's just changing clips a little around so things don't get confusing or monotonous.

Now humor. Well being funny is hard. I actually sacrificed comedy in order to balance out variety and pacing issue I had. Plus Zaxrax actually has the benefit of not being heartbroken if X clip doesn't makes it into the final product, so he can just veto the unsuccessful ones.

Also if for any reason someone perfers to watch my video on youtube here is a link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFu6LXQlBRw

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkondahed View Post
    Yeah, that really threw me off at first but I suppose it made sense given it was actually in English with a heavy French accent.
    Heavy enough that I had no idea what he was saying in English.....

but yeah, it does make sense.

20. untitled project
    Your*[come on bruh] opening overstayed it's welcome by quite a large margin, and quite a bit of the text throughout ended up off-screen.
    As I said before, problems with compression. Fixed a number of it and fixed a couple of clips in a second edition I finished shortly after this one was handed in. The intro was indeed a lot longer but I was planning on a project that was a lot longer as well. Because of time constraints I had to scrap almost half of my ideas. But yeah the intro and credits could've been a lot shorter.
    Overall I didn't enjoy this compilation, but I did love seeing that Sky Crawlers/Ace Combat clip (even if there was no humor in it).
    I knew you would love it bb.

Humor obviously isn't your thing, Shui.
    Who said I was going for humor? And well in all honesty I did employ humor in 7 of my 8 clips. They probably fell flat for a number of reasons:
    - some in-humor
    - jarring transitions and the overall idea of this whole project.
    - and the fact that this was eventually rushed in a couple of days.

Rather than make anything for Hellspawn, perhaps you should just focus on these art projects of yours? You'll find much more success doing what you're actually capable of doing.
    Oh I'm not planning on making a non-career out of these things as a couple of people around here liked to do. As for Hellspawn, I'm sure I can whip up some stuff those guys'd find humorous.

Also, I have to ask....and be perfectly honest with your answer: does "untitled project" actually have some hidden meaning, or was that legit you just being a lazy ****er?
    It was a well thought out and consciously made decision.
    Rule #1 of artsy 2deep4u etiquette: If you make anything just don't title it. Works for LP's, paintings, sculptures, performance art, anything.
    Spoiler!

Also, did you end up making out my hidden message from the chapter titles?

Quote Originally Posted by Shuiia View Post
    Also, did you end up making out my hidden message from the chapter titles?
    Would have to rewatch it to give an answer to that. I didn't really pay attention to those the first time.

I was purposefully avoiding getting to deep into these the first watch, since most of them are garbage anyway.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast